Xandrox 15 and Minoxidl 12.5%???? Can Sum1 Help Please

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hiya guys, i read on minoxidil.com dr lees site, that xandrox is only applied once a day at night. is this as good as rogaine 5% two times a day????

also, is this 12.5% minoxidl alot better than 5%?

Can sum1 just tell me as much info as they can fit in. thanks alot!

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
please sum1?

Old Baldy

Reaction score
ANDREW_J_I said:
hiya guys, i read on minoxidil.com dr lees site, that xandrox is only applied once a day at night. is this as good as rogaine 5% two times a day????

also, is this 12.5% minoxidl alot better than 5%?

Can sum1 just tell me as much info as they can fit in. thanks alot!

I don't think anyone really knows the answer to that question Andrew.

There haven't been any studies analyzing the strong minoxidil. solutions. At least I've never found any.

I guess 15 percent at night and 5 percent in the morning would be about as good as you could do without getting too much minoxidil in your system?

The reason you're not getting answers is because no one knows for sure Andrew. Five percent doesn't do 2.5 times as well as 2.0 percent. See what I mean? Fifteen percent won't do 3 times better than 5 percent. But I assume it will do better somewhat. It just depends on your "body's" system I guess.

A couple of things you should know are (1) minoxidil. deposits alot of its medication into the upper layer of the scalp and gradually works its way down into the follicles. This might take as long as a couple of days IIRC, and (2) minoxidil. is an excellent carrier vehicle for adding other medications into the mix. You know, things like finasteride., dutasteride., phenytoin, green tea extract, roxithromycin, grape or apple seed extracts, essential oils, etc. NOT spironolactone. however.

With these basic facts you can better guess what you should use and how strong a solution you should use also. Also, don't be afraid to add stuff to the minoxidil vehicles to bolster the effects. But there just isn't a concrete answer for your question IMHO.

Alot of guys feel the stronger minoxidil. solutions are somewhat of a "rip-off". They feel you could just use more of the lower concentrated minoxidil. solutions to make up for the their lack of strength. I can't argue with that. I mean, it's how much of the medication you put on your scalp that's most important.

On the other hand some guys feel the stronger minoxidil. solutions penetrate better into the scalp because, generally, the more saturated a solution is with its medication, the better it will be absorbed.

Where do I fall? I just don't know Andrew. However, I lean towards using a fully saturated solution everytime I use something, if at all possible. (I'm in the minority on this one however.)

Dr. Lee says the 15 percent minoxidil. can regenerate more minaturized hairs to grow than 5 percent, however, that's assuming 3 times more minoxidil. is delivered to the scalp. If you put on 3 times more of the 5 percent minoxidil. solution I don't believe Dr. Lee could say that.

In conclusion Andrew, it's a crap-shoot IMHO! :hairy:

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^Great Post Mate. Thanks.