www.minoxidil.com Hacked?!?!?!

karlg

Established Member
Reaction score
I Just got this email, not sure who else has, but incase anyone has bought from this site in the past, you might want to read this.

Reference: Credit Card Fraud

The programmers who created the Secure Order Form at www.minoxidil.com were recently the victims of a criminal hacker. Consequently, we have reason to believe your credit card information may be used (or has been used) in an identity theft. Although the breach has been repaired, it would be wise for you to cancel your current credit card and apply for a new one.

If there are fraudulent charges on your credit card, your bank will reimburse you for them. We are profoundly sorry for the inconvenience and for the loss of time this matter may cause you.

With Sincere Apologies and Regrets,

Dave Dorius,
Business Manager
Regrowth, LLC

Note: Please do not respond to this email. The mailbox address is not programmed to accept messages.

Hmmm, the thing that really bugs me now, is how was it done?,SQL Injection, Server Exploit? or something much more clever :p i want to know! :p

The Gardener

Reaction score
Wow... thanks for posting this, because I was a victim!

A few months back I had some fraudulent charges appear on my credit card! I reported it to my bank and they cancelled the charges and issued me a new account number, but I was totally perplexed because I never lost my card and it was in my wallet the whole time?

I had only used that card twice in the past few months... once at a Denny's restaurant and once to order minoxidil from Dr Lee. I thought that maybe someone at the Denny's might have gotten hold of a receipt, but the receipt didn't display the entire account... AND, the fraudulent charges came from an online retailer that, when I went to the website, required a current billing address to complete the transaction. As you can imagine, I was pretty creeped out!

Anyways, this explains it and makes me feel a whole lot better.... I was frightened for a few weeks that I may have been the victim of a larger scale identity theft! But, they were able to complete the fraudulent transaction because they got my billing address, along with my account number, from the minoxidil dot com website.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
The great thing about it, after I had to cancel my Visa I had to pay a 40 Euro cancellation fee.