WRXSTi04's Story

WRXSTi04

Reaction score
Well here goes nothing..... I began my hairloss when I was in high school. Specifically 12th grade (Senior year Age 19). Mainly receding hairline, I have a older brother whose hairline is also receding and is much worse than mine. My father is fairly safe to say bald. My mothers dad also had a receding hairline. I am basically tired of it and have began to do something about it by searching reading forums and researching. I went to a Dermatologist who said " He thinks my hairloss is normal" I personally think he does not know what he is talking about. I asked for Propecia but he did not prescribe it. I think he lacked much information Male Pattern Baldness and kept saying that Propecia only works for vertex and will not work on the hairline. Personally I would be happy if my hairline no longer moved so I decided to get Propecia any way. I order Proscar online and plan to divide it into fourths. I will also be using Rogaine 5% on the hairline twice a day.

Date Starting Finasteride 1.25mg on Jan 24, 2004
Age at Starting: 23 yrs and 11 months old

My Regimen
1) Proscar (Authentic Merck & Co., Inc made in USA) 30 tablets fo 5mg and dividing into 4ths for 1.25mg a day
2) Using Rogaine 5% morning and night on receding hairline
3) Once a Day Shampoo and Conditioner is green colored "Thicker, Fuller Hair"
4) Using Nizoral Anti Inflammatory Shampoo 1% 3 times a week (in place of Shampoo)

Will be keeping a journal and taking detailed pictures to document my regiment. I hope this ends up helping others like me. By 2005 I will know if it works. If there any questions or comments please feel free to post them here.

My Pictures Taken before any treatment Jan 23, 3004 >
wrxsti1_thumb.jpg

wrxsti2_thumb.jpg

wrxsti3_thumb.jpg

wrxsti4_thumb.jpg

wrxsti5_thumb.jpg

WRXSTi04

Reaction score
As of Today Tuesday Jan 27, 2004 I have taken 4 pills of 1.25 mg Proscar daily and no side effects or problems. Lets hope there are none throughout the regimen :p

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Just to clarify, you mean you've been on 1.25 mg of Proscar (quartered) once per day for four days, right?

HairLossTalk.com

WRXSTi04

Reaction score
That is absolutely correct. Its proscar 5 mg divided into 4ths for 1.25 mg daily

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
DUDE!

My hair looks exactly the same as yours!!! Nearly exactly the same treatment regime too... its scary.

Good luck !