Women's androgentic hair loss - This MAY help

happy

Reaction score
Hi guys

As Im sure you're all aware what works for one person doesnt necessarily work for another no matter how similar the hair loss condition appears to be.

However having said that I'd like to share a mix of treatments/supplements which at the moment appear to tbe doing the job for my hair loss problem which has been diagnoised as Andro gentic alopecia

1) hair drops with 3% Minioxidal Mine are a specific brand which also contain an androgen blocker. Androgens are the male hormoe which attack the hair follicles and cause the thinning

2) Florisene tablets containing: Vitamin C (24mg), Vitamin B12 3ug
Iron 24mg and L-Lysine 500mg. ( A steady and healthy supply of iron in ones diet is crucial to hair growth. If you have a suspicion that your hair loss/thining is caused by low iron levels arrange for a blood test and ask to have your FERRITIN levels checked out. It is my belief that if you have Androgentic alopecia minoxidal or any other proven treatments will NOT work unless your ferritin levels are at least 75 or over. )

3) Horsetail Herb 440mg. Horsetail contains a high amount of Silica which promotes hair growth, and shiny hair

How do I know this?

I have been using minoxidal on and off for a long time now. When I intitally started using the drops I was already taking x3 Florisene capsules a day which I stopped just after starting the minioxidal. I did this as my ferritine levels (Iron levels) in my blood tests came back at 73, which I was informed would be should be high enough to grow hair therefore indicating that my probelm was completely gentic and not linked to my iron levels In the mean time my hair took very well to the drops and i noticed an improvement in my hair density and some new hairs were definitely growing through.

However 6 months later i stopped using both the minoxidal drops and the iron tablets. 3 months later my hair appeared to be getting thin again and I was devastated. Inevitably in my panic I started using the hair drops once more. However this time something was different. The drops didnt appear to be working as well as before.

I spent a year desperately trying different products to no avail. In my desperation I returned to the minoxidal drops once more. For approx 6/7 months I have been using the drops every other day. However this time I have once again been taking my iron tablets and yes Ive noticed a encouaging difference. It apears that the combination of the two are what intially worked for my hair problem in the first place.

More recently I have discussed my discovery with my trichologist. Apparently new research has shown that in order to maximise hair growth and prevent shedding your ferritin levels should be at least 80 not 70 as orginally thought. This may explain my lack of success with minoxidal when I wasnt taking the iron supplement. Even more recently I have seen an article in the paper suggesting that hair thinning caused by aging can be helped by eating a breakfast creal high in iron and fibre. This may sound a bit petty and unproven but,in my opnion, it all adds up.

I have also been taking Horsetail herb as mentioned above. there is a strong link between the health of hair and your nails and since using the horsetail my nails are very strong and when I look at individual hair strands they appear darker and more course.

Lastly even if your hair problem has been defined as genetic, never ever underestimate the importance of diet. protein from fish, nuts and seeds are vital. They contain essential fatty acids and omega 3 and 6 which help to balance your hormones. They also keep your outlook positive which as im sure you all know is extremely helpful when facing soemthing like hair loss

I really hope that helped you! Good Luck!