Willworkforhair's story

Willworkforhair

Reaction score
First off, let me tell you HairLossTalk.com, this is a wonderful site that has given me sooo much useful information, Thank You! I've actually been coming to this site almost daily for the past 10 months, I've just been soaking up all the info that I could, so you won't be seeing any "Newbie-type" questions coming from me. I began thinning roughly 2 1/2 years ago, at least thats when I noticed it, I'm 22 yrs old now and it has gotten to the point where I have to use quite a bit of couvre to conceal the thinning the best I can. I was already "blessed" with a forehead like a drive-in movie theater lol, so since it has receeded even more than normal you can understand how it must look now, very receeded temples, I've actually had receeded temples since I was a senior in high school but my hair was always so thick, used to keep it cut at a 1/2 inch and you still couldn't see scalp, I think that's the only reason I still have any hairs left in the front at all, but I am very diffuse, front, back, sides. Started 5% minoxidil, 1.25 mg proscar, nizoral last summer but only stuck with Minoxidil religously for about 2 months, I did notice that my temples were beginning to fill in that small amount of time but I got lazy and stopped using the minoxidil, so my temples ended up losing the regrowth and receeded even further, stayed on the proscar for the whole 4 month supply that I had, pretty much religously and then I decided to quit that as well because I thought I was experiencing some pretty low libido, I subsided for over 2 months and realized I was imagining things, because your libido naturally sea-saws, I think mind over matter was my only side-effect. So after that hiatus I decided to make combatting my hair loss my New Year's resolution, I've been on the 5% minoxidil (twice a day), 1.25 mg proscar, and Nizoral since Jan. 1, just added Folligen last week, 3000mg of MSM, and I massage my scalp for about 5 minutes a day (feels great) I must say in just over a month I have noticed so many vellus ( now starting to turn a goldish color, hopefully brown next) hairs popping up and getting longer and every few days it seems like, I'm not kidding there are so many 1/4 inch vellus hairs on my scalp it's shocking for only a month and a half of treatment, needless to say, I am very pumped. My scalp feels so good now since starting Folligen last week, I never had much irritation before thanks to the Nizoral and T/gel, but it feels even better now, the temples are starting to fill in with vellus hairs now, my hairline is responding nicely as well, I think I'm gonna have to shave my forehead pretty soon because the vellus hairs are so thick and about an inch lower than my original hairline, but it's a very good problem to have if you ask me. I hope that I keep progressing, I feel I am on a pretty good regimen at this point and if after a year I don't get the results I am looking for I will probably try some xandrox. In the meantime wish me luck, and good luck to everyone else as well, so far so good. Sorry it was so long.

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
glad

willwork for hair,

I am happy that your regimen work out well....

Your story is not long... Mine is even longer... I will post soon...

crayola

Reaction score
You are very positive about it--and if you ask me, that is more important than if you are growing new hair like crazy or not. If you are like most of us though, you'll have days where you think everything has gone to hell, only to have the next day seem like things are better than ever. Don't let it get to you. Just getting on a regimen was enough to ease my mind, but some days I think it's all gone to hell. For the most part though I think I'm doing quite well, and I wish you the best of luck.

Willworkforhair

Reaction score
Thank you Andrew and Crayola, a positive attitude towards combatting hairloss should be at the top of everyone's regimen if you ask me, lets all kick male pattern baldness's ***!!!