Will I start to lose hair....

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if I hit the gym hardcore again? Since starting my hair loss regimen, I have calmed down at the gym (intensity) and cut down the protien and food consumption. However, I am getting depressed when I look at myself deteriorating day by day so I want to become a beast again! So will it effect my hair?! I am also 99% sure that my aggressive hair loss was due to the hardcore gym routine and large amounts of protien and food in general consumption.

Please someone confirm that I am wrong.... Any solid Scientific research? Any good experiences?

Two things I love so much and I am having to choose one or the other because they seem to effect each other in negative ways :(

s.a.f

Reaction score
Good topic I cant believe it has'nt been covered before. (1000's of times) :whistle:

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But there are never any satisfying answers/explainations or any solid proof.. There is so much conflicting data when it comes to this topic..

I reckon its a topic of great importance and relevence unlike the masterbation/hair loss theory....

s.a.f

Reaction score
I reckon they're the same. :thumbdown2:

Petchsky

Reaction score
I don't think a high protein diet caused hairloss at all. All i can say Mj9 is to give you my opinion or experience. A couple of months ago i started hitting the gym again and eating a lot more protein and i didn't notice any hairloss as a result, as long as you stay away from growth hormones etc, i reckon you will be fine, but in reality, our bodies all respond differently so who knows?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
See the reason I point my finger at the protein and the gym is because i have brothers that also go to the gym but they dont take protein shakes or have a high protein diet.. one of them trained for muscle mass and got pretty big and the other did a mix of cardo and weight training but never touched protein shakes... now they are both older than me a and dont have any hair loss maybe one is just starting to get hair loss????
I feel that some really relevant evidence that protein and intense weight training may speed up hair loss in men with male pattern baldness gene.....

?????????????????

I have decided to hit weight hard again so i guess we will see what happens.....

el_duterino

Reaction score
a few points:

my brother has no male pattern baldness. I do. this is genetic.

proteins are good for hair.

food will not cause hairloss.

heavy weighlifting increases testosterone

increased levels of testosterone will increase hair loss in people with male pattern baldness genes.

using a topical anti-androgen before the exercise will protect your hair from the increased testosterone.

So, you can hit the weights very hard and still not loose hair, provided you take the appropriate measures to protect your hair. the testsosterone spike stopps 20 minutes after exercise has stopped.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
el_duterino said:
a few points:

my brother has no male pattern baldness. I do. this is genetic.

proteins are good for hair.

food will not cause hairloss.

heavy weighlifting increases testosterone

increased levels of testosterone will increase hair loss in people with male pattern baldness genes.

using a topical anti-androgen before the exercise will protect your hair from the increased testosterone.

So, you can hit the weights very hard and still not loose hair, provided you take the appropriate measures to protect your hair. the testsosterone spike stopps 20 minutes after exercise has stopped.

???

You are aware that even if weight lifting causes a testosterone spike, it still doesn't compare to the spike you experience every night while you sleep and in the morning when you wake up. It's why you have morning wood are generally more horny upon waking. Last time I checked, people don't pop wood after deadlifts but certainly do in the morning after sleeping all night.

barcafan

Reaction score
Bro.

If you love hitting the gym hard then my best advice to you is to go out and f*****g do it!

Even if it *DID* cause hairloss (I doubt it, but to a minuscule degree maybe) that's basically you saying that you're letting Hairloss control your life since you're afraid to do the sh*t you love.

I dont know, thats just my Norwood 2.5 opinion about it.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
barcafan said:
Bro.

If you love hitting the gym hard then my best advice to you is to go out and f****ing do it!

Even if it *DID* cause hairloss (I doubt it, but to a minuscule degree maybe) that's basically you saying that you're letting Hairloss control your life since you're afraid to do the sh*t you love.

Your Norwood 2.5984329 opinion is correct IMO. That's what I've tried to do all along, not let my hairloss affect doing the things I most love.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
barcafan said:
Bro.

If you love hitting the gym hard then my best advice to you is to go out and f****ing do it!

Bro, you are right. I'm not going to let hair loss take control of my life and hit the gym hard. I just hope it doesn't affect my hair because I know I will end up depressed again...................

barcafan

Reaction score
f*** it man, at least you'll be huge. Plus im sure you know how good it feels getting pumped like all hell broke loose.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
barcafan said:
f*ck it man, at least you'll be huge. Plus im sure you know how good it feels getting pumped like all hell broke loose.

I know, its an amazing feeling when you get that amazing pump and your t-sh*t no longer fits you lol

My traps always get pumped up as soon as I even go near gym lol