wig wearers??

msgluv

Reaction score
Okay! here goes: WEaring a wig has been announced!

I haven't been on this site for a whie now. Still depressed, but I came to terms with the hair loss. I am wearing a hairpiece. It still sucks, but it is better than the alternative. It takes all of my strength each day to style it so it doesn't look like a wig. Also washing it is a pain in the but because it has to dry the right way or it gets all out of sorts, Anyway,
today I wenr to 7-11 to get coffee. There was a new guy there. As I am paying he says to me "You are wearing a wig?" I almost died. The he continued to tell me that it is too much, blah, blah, blah. I can't remember what else he said, cause I blocked it out. I was mortified. I know it doesn't look as good as real hair, but I didn't know how bad it was. It is an expensive, human hair piece. My family and husband say it looks ok. BUT NOW I KNOW THEY MUST BE LYING. I had a nervous breakdown after this, and had a dry heaving panic attack because I just don't know what to do.

I know that my hair loss is permanent. I know it is hopeless, but what can I do to make my wig look more natural? Anything?? Does anyone know any good wig Salons in the New York City area???? Please let me know. I am going to cry now! Thanks!!

1uniquechick

Reaction score
My heart goes out to you, Msgluv. I'm also a wig wearer and know how terrible to realize that your wig isn't at all natural looking! That happened with my first wig. Thankfully the one I have now is very natural.(sometimes too natural! :) ) Please, don't get depressed and spend your life crying. It really will get better! I would recomend going to http://heralopecia.com/. There are a lot of great ladies on there who can give good advice! It's more active then this forum, too.

P.S.
I hope you told that guy to go drown himself!

Caryn

Reaction score
I'm so sorry, MsGluv. I, too am wearing a wig...and actually it looks better than my own hair did on a good day...you might want to try Wig Support at MSN. The women there are wonderful. I have AA and lost most of my hair within the last six months. There is a tremendous amoun of support on that site and another site is HerAlopecia.com. If I could just get past this itchiness......(grrrr!)...

Vega

Reaction score
As I am paying he says to me "You are wearing a wig?" I almost died.

maybe your not thinking about it the right way. You ARE wearing a wig, and he noticed. so what? If you have hairloss, wearing a wig is an obvious solution, anyone will understand that. Next time it happens just say, yes i wear a wig because i have a hairloss problem and i feel i look better with it.

Thats the truth. Its not a big issue, and you wont feel like your hiding something.

RosyR26

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's upsetting that people react that way to people who wear wigs. Obviously we wear hair replacement system because we suffer from hair loss.
People who can not understand. Should appreciate that beauty fades and true beauty comes within. All the beauty on the outside will disappear with age, medical conditions etc cause beauty to fade. I came to terms with my hairloss but it still affects my confidence when I remove my wig but I had to and still am learning to love me for me. I wear wigs from mora mode which are very real looking and natural.

Charlieputh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear Msgluv. I suffer same experience in a fast food restaurants. But I don't are about that, just change a counter and purchase some food.
Don't cry, I see your words. You must be a beautiful girl,but a little Inferiority. Be confidence,be yourself.
Even bald,we also need to be confident.
I purchased a wig from Queen Hairly 3 months ago,it looks like good. You can search it on google, actually,there are many good wigs on Amazon,you also can looks through online.