Why white people bald faster | HairLossTalk Forums

Why white people bald faster

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by elvis123, Jan 21, 2009.

1. elvis123

elvis123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think the reason why asian people and african american people have less hair loss then caucasians is simply because asian and african hair is ALOT thicker from birth. Caucasian people especially blond haired ones have very very fine hair. Though it looks nice when DHT isn't attacking the follicles yet, once DHT kicks in and because the hair is so fine, it can only go through so many cycles until it becomes basically invisible.

For people with thick coarse hair, they have many more cycles of shedding to go through before the hair actually becomes as fine as caucasian hair.

2. lovemyhair

lovemyhair Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I totally agree with you. I started thinning noticably early than all my white friends (I'm chinese) and they have moved ahead faster on the norwood scale than me thu it doesn't matter now... I measured my hair diameter in mech class with a micrometer and my hair diameter at the time was the thickest ever recorded!! Sighs. However there are exceptions, one of the kids in my neighborhood had a full head of hair and went to norwood 7 in less than 3 months, poor bastard.

3. monitoradiation

monitoradiation Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Haha, Lovemyhair, good to know that I'm not the only Asian here.

Well, I heard that Asians brought up in North America or in a western society tends to develop more male pattern baldness. I'm not too sure if that were true, just throwing that out there. It could very well be just in the diet that accelerates or exacerbates male pattern baldness.

Not to say that Asians in Asia don't go bald; they obviously do too. Just at a slower rate? Or perhaps the average Asian in Asia is far more likely to care, hence our viewpoint has been biased? All probable explanations o_O

4. Risugo

Risugo Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    On the Topic "Are there foods/activities to avoid that effect hairloss?" I wrote "...A high-fat, meat-based diet raises testosterone levels, and that may adversely affect hair follicles. For example, in Japan, male pattern baldness was very rare prior to World War II when the diet was lean and healthy. The Japanese now consume a more fatty, Westernized diet. Baldness is now increasing substantially among Japanese men. Eating low-fat foods may not stop hair loss; but it might help slow down the hair loss..."

5. Thickandthin

Thickandthin Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    White people bald faster because of genetics.

6. BlahBlah12

BlahBlah12 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure the nuclear radiation from 2 atomic bombs made more of an impact on their hair loss than potato chips post WWII.

7. follicle84

follicle84 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think your right. Different races have different hair textures, which may make the appearance of male pattern baldness more noticeable particullary in white people. I think life style plays apart in too however. Westeners (consisting mostly of white people) seem to live more unhealthy lives compared to easterness (consisting mostly of non white people) and yet male pattern baldness is more prevalent with westerners or at at least thats how it was 60 years ago before world war 2.

8. monitoradiation

monitoradiation Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    blahblah I hope you weren't serious; nuclear fallout clears up within months. Of course there'd still be some damage done but I don't think it was THAT widespread. I heard there was more damage done in terms of scope in Vietnam from agent orange and the such.

9. ps1freak

ps1freak Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    i think white folks just have that gene for the horseshoe.

the type of balding i see in old asian men are often the thinning all over the head

10. Obsidian

Obsidian Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    What are you talking about? Plenty of black people go bald, it's just because since they are dark you don't notice the dark stubble horshoe as you would on a white person.

11. kalbo

kalbo Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I agree that asians are less likely to go bald, but I'm not sure about blacks. At work, I have 6 black guys on my team all in their twenties... 4 of them are nw5+.

The thing that I noticed about whites that other races don't get much is the mature hairline. A lot of white people get a mature hairline at a young age and then they don't lose any more hair after that, or it's takes a decade before they start losing again. Seems like if an asian dude gets a mature hairline at a young age, there's a guarantee that they will go bald.

I'm asian too btw (filipino)... don't see too many asians on this board so that too can be proof that not many of us go bald. I'm not sure about the women of other asian nationalities, but many filipino women actually prefer guys with shaved heads. So I guess I can be considered lucky in that regard.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

12. Risugo

Risugo Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Biology is not mathematic and everything counts, genetic, food, life style, stress,...
    But one thing is for sure for many decades asian people lived a healthier live with a healthier diet compared to weasters and male pattern baldness had a low average among the population, I think is a common knowledge that food is a important part of our health.

13. Eureka

Eureka Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I thought the rate of Asian men balding was huge.. Didn't it shoot up after world war 2?

14. iwantperfection

iwantperfection Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    black guys are geneticallysuperior in my eyes. better athletes.. build muscle quicker. have alot higher ratio of fast twitching muscle which makes them great sprinters. also great long distance runners. they have larger cocks ( gota be related to size of black womens booty). amazing hairlines, dont burn in the sun ..list goes on. i wish i was black :)

15. Cassin

Cassin Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    You can find threads where people swear white people bald slower....

Then you have this one on that they bald faster....

Such threads exist for every race arguing both sides....

:jump:

16. elvis123

Dislikes Received:
    This is how the scale goes in terms of majority of balding per race

1. white people (especially the blonds...brunettes seem to have it better)
    2. darker skinned white people (italians, portugese, brazilians)
    3. black and asian (i've hardly ever see a bald black person, other than micheal jordan)
    4. aboriginal people (i've honestly never seen a bald aboriginal in my life...)

From my experience and what i've seen, people who have a darker skin tone and have darker hair seem to have less hair loss issues...

17. s.a.f

s.a.f Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    LMAO

Possibly a genetic trait from evolving in countries with a hotter, harsher enviroment?

18. elvis123

Dislikes Received:
    Another group of people who I rarely see go bald are mexicans/latinos

19. Cassin

Cassin Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    There are threads where people swear they bald faster....

20. Thickandthin

Thickandthin Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Well the thing is......black people can't disguise hair loss at all due to their hair texture. A black NW3 looks pretty bad because there's no styling options for it like there are for white people. Black guys look best IMO with either a NW1 or shaved slick.

Mexicans definitely seem to have less of a balding gene. They've always got ridiculously low hairlines and extremely dense hair. I'd say Mexicans and Asians have it best when it comes to hair.