Why should a hair system be so embarrassing?

uncle rico

Reaction score
Im considering getting a hair system in the near future and currently trying to justify it to myself...
On the face of it hair systems or 'wigs' are widely seen as a bit of a joke but is wearing a hair piece really any different than wearing contact lenses or veneers on your teeth not to mention any form of plastic surgery?

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I just treat it as wearing another piece of clothing.
If it looks good people dont care. The only place you`ll be ridiculed for it is in the forums.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncle rico said:
Im considering getting a hair system in the near future and currently trying to justify it to myself...
On the face of it hair systems or 'wigs' are widely seen as a bit of a joke but is wearing a hair piece really any different than wearing contact lenses or veneers on your teeth not to mention any form of plastic surgery?

Why should stuffing socks into your sleeves to make it appear as though you have big biceps be embarassing?

You are taking something that isn't part of your body and glueing it onto yourself to pass it off as part of your body. You don't find anything strange or weird about that?

Only use wigs if you are married or have a long term relationship. No girl wants to find out you are bald after you are married.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wigs, unfortunetaly are not socialy acceptable. Dont think that the only place you will be laughed at about a wig is a forum.

This is how things are, some things are acceptable other are not. As worldofwarcraft said people will make fun of a girl stuffing socks in her bra to look like she has big boobs. No one will make fun of someone wearing contact lenses, but they will make fun of someone that wears colored contact lenses to appear like he has beautifull eyes.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MichiganBaldy said:
The only place you`ll be ridiculed for it is in the forums.

The only place you wont be ridiculed for it is in front of your face, hence why most of the rug wearers on hair forums think that their plan is going smoothly..

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UK78 said:
MichiganBaldy said:

The only place you wont be ridiculed for it is in front of your face, hence why most of the rug wearers on hair forums think that their plan is going smoothly..
i find the term rug wearers degrading and offensive

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
UK78 said:
MichiganBaldy said:

Lol, topee users are so sensative that they need politically correct terminology.

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
mb

your spot on with what you said

worldofwarcraft
for someone who not keen on hairsystem/wigs your on this forum a lot.
i met my girl friend 2 years ago i told her about wearing she was godsmacked she didnt have a clue .. now when we are in clubs and she see a young guy with not so much hair she says he should wear a system he would look years younger. :lol:

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not keen personally, I would rather buzz it especially as buzzing it is so commonplace these days.

Most people I talk to though still don't realise Elton Johns wears a system. They all think he had successful transplant 20-30 years ago instead of the disaster we know he had and wears a system to cover it.

With his money though its impossible to see its a system.

There must be many other actors etc that wear a system and look good and we dont know because they spend a fortune maintaining.

What a bloody hassle to put up with though for a lifetime..

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
UK78 said:
MichiganBaldy said:

Then I'll happily apologise, do you wear one? My main objective was to desuade someone from going down this route as think it could be psychologically damaging to have to live such a big lie on a daily basis, moreso than being bald.

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
nick 4441

funny you should say that about elton john . my friend last year thought he had a hair transplant

others who wear john travolta . brendon frazer(the mummy)
jimmy white snooker player and well you could go on

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't. My trichologist swears by them now they are so good.

Personally its not a route I want to go down but understand those that do. I would Rather buzz it. I'm hoping the meds will do enough as you are..eventually.

They work for some people and I think the phobia about systems is less as is balding in general as its so commonplace.

God..hurry up HM...drugs, systems, side effects its all a pain in the a**..

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I thought Travolta's was a hairline transplant but only guessing..you sure its a system?

Jimmy White I gues is not a surprise as he thinned badly years ago but you cannot tell. (he used to advertise that bald spot spray)

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
nick4441

if cutting your hair on 1 suits you go for it .. i be honest if it suited me i go that way but it liks crap on me,, ive been on the minoxdil the pills the side affects was bad . im happy with my system ya they are a pain to maintain, but it looks ok . my mates have not click at all even my sister
does not no ..

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
can anyone put up a pic of them with their system? woudn't mind seeing how good they look

i don't see anything wrong with wearing a hair system. if it looks good and restores your confidence then go for it. i teach two kids at the hospital that wear systems, one is 11 and the other is 14 and if no one told me, i would assume that was their natural hair.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UK78 said:
roki said:
UK78 said:
MichiganBaldy said:

Then I'll happily apologise, do you wear one? My main objective was to desuade someone from going down this route as think it could be psychologically damaging to have to live such a big lie on a daily basis, moreso than being bald.
:lol:
dont apologise :lol:
id kill myself before ill put a rug on my head man
i meen come on have some dignity
im against it ,its no good
and im agains P.C as well so there u have it :D