WHY ISN'T IT POSSIBLE TO DONATE HAIR, LIKE BODY PARTS???

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Someone please answer this?!!

Why can we have lung, heart transplants etc but not transplant healthy follicles from another person??

It sounds gross but if someone with a healthy head of hair with texture similar to your own dies in an accident, from disease etc,

it should have been possible to transplant their follicles onto a head that needs 'em??

Or if someone in your family is willing to share a few of their hairs with u.

This would make it so much easier for us??

There are people who dies every day for different reasons who have healthy follicles. I just don't see why they won't grow on another head..

sure there are the chances of rejection with organ donations but why no chance at all with hair?!!

It would definitely have been an expensive procedure but I would have paid any money in the world for it and I'm sure a lot of others as well!!

WHYYYY...

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Rejection. And it's not life-threatening. You have your answer.

But why will your body reject hair but not an organ? Will it always reject the hair or sometimes? I would give all for just a chance...

Not life threatening???

Nothing has ever threatened my life as much as this, I think about wanting do die every day.

I'm more scared of this gene than anything else, even death...

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Our immune system is stupid enough to attack it I think. If that is true in order to have a full head of Hair you need to disable your immune system and transfer the hair.Not sure though.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Our immune system is stupid enough to attack it I think. If that is true in order to have a full head of Hair you need to disable your immune system and transfer the hair.Not sure though.

Ahh... I just dont get why our bodies reject hair like that... This dht is ****ed up, makes you lose hair on the head and gain elsewhere..

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ahh... I just dont get why our bodies reject hair like that... This dht is ****ed up, makes you lose hair on the head and gain elsewhere..

true, but if you could transfer hair from one person to another that would be really great.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
a body does reject organs from another person even if they are same blood type. people that get organ transplants have to take anti rejection drugs for life, that inhibit the immune system. these are serious drugs, and probably very expensive. if u got a hair transplant from a non sibling, u would need anti rejection drugs, and docs probably dont want to give them for a cosmetic issue. probably the resources to transport dead bodies and organise it all would be better spent on life or death issues. its a nice thought though.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
a body does reject organs from another person even if they are same blood type. people that get organ transplants have to take anti rejection drugs for life, that inhibit the immune system. these are serious drugs, and probably very expensive. if u got a hair transplant from a non sibling, u would need anti rejection drugs, and docs probably dont want to give them for a cosmetic issue. probably the resources to transport dead bodies and organise it all would be better spent on life or death issues. its a nice thought though.

I get it... Our bodies are complicated!

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Then it looks like if you ever have to get an anti rejection drug, you should also ask for some hair.

Our body isn't as smart as some people say they are, they don't adapt to the new organ and it does not recognize the new organ. So the immune system starts to kill a vital organ that is supposed to keep him alive.

Also when you see with your eyes your brain's responts to it and gives signs. When you are about to eat it gives sign to produce saliva (if that is the name in english). But when the eyes see that the hair on the hair starts to disappear your body and brain seem to completely ignore it and aren't doing anything about it, but still you receive the negative information. The only thing the brain does is feeling depressed instead of doing something about it that is not very smart, is it?

I know that this is all gene based but genes are nothing more then codes telling you what to do, just like your brains. If this happens do that etc. There is a chance that "free will" is an illusion created by our brains.

If there is some kind of god out there that is all wise, all knowing and just fantastic then why are the end results so fvcked up? Just look at humanity, I am not impressed with this kind of results.