Why doesn't everyone????

jayely1

Reaction score
So besides the $ factor, which might be the main reason for a lot of people, i'm curious to why most on here don't opt for a hair transplant? With a good doctor it looks like the success rate is VERY high. I see people complaining for years and years that nothing is working, why not try a transplant??

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
If treatments are not working, you will continue to lose hair and you will need to opt for more surgery. It's an evil cycle, which in the end one might lose due to lack of donor hair. However, body hair might be the next step. When you reach that point, you will have had, 5+ surgeries. Not only is it costly, but undoubtedly stressful.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
So besides the $ factor, which might be the main reason for a lot of people, i'm curious to why most on here don't opt for a hair transplant? With a good doctor it looks like the success rate is VERY high. I see people complaining for years and years that nothing is working, why not try a transplant??

Yes, one main factor is $$$, even if hair transplant is one of the cheapest aestethic surgeries.
But other people don't do it, because they have an "all or nothing" attitude, they want ALL their hair back(we've seen right here such attitudes), they don't do hair transplant, because hair transplant cannot give them their original density.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If you're already a hard working individual afflicted with hair loss, it may mean you'll have to work even harder tomorrow, if you wish to improve your circumstances. I know this advice sounds elementary, but I'll say it anyway. Put you/your households needs first and if you are lucky or determined enough to allocate some of your earnings toward a hair loss solution/treatment savings account then doing so can only make this goal possible. That said, our hair loss solution options will never be realized and we will be permanently be bald if do can not follow this fundamental age old precept. No extra money = No help for my hair or No help for my hair= I'm not working harder. Hard work and money will get us there.

jayely1

Reaction score
Makes sense, it just interesting that some people are on here everyday for 5+ years straight trying to get an answer. I get it money is tough to come by.
What's the ave cost? $5000-$13,000 or so? I'm sure you can do payment plans?

cenarius

Reaction score
I've explained this before. Some people just love to complain, it's like a drug to them.

I mean, I did it, I had this hair transplant even if a lot of people were talking me out of it.

And right now, I can already say, that's it, problem solved, more or less. Even though I'm still far from the final result.

I admit that it's mostly because I have a low hair/scalp contrast and I'm OK with keeping it very short.

But still, it can be scary at times. I won't lie, it's great to have some peace of mind, but it can be scary at times.

What am I going to complain about now? What am I going to rant about? Everything fine, it really is.

Once you've known the horror of hair loss at a young age and it's over, all other problems, the usual problems people have seem ridiculous.

That's one of the reasons people won't admit a hair transplant could work for them. They're going to use the same old excuses like "I'm not a candidate" or "It won't give me a full head of hair".

And then they'll just complain their life away, forever.

The lamest excuse is money though, I bet all people saying that have a car, and they're going to tell me a car is cheap? Please. It all goes down to what your priorities are.

The cost of a state-of-the-art FUE in Belgium is 6500$ for 2000 grafts, which can turn a slick NW5 into a NW2,5 who doesn't seem like he's bald anymore, which should be the point of a hair transplant.

Of course if you're NW5 or NW6 and you demand to have your teenage hair line and thickness, it cannot be done. Enjoy your life as a slick NW5+ then.

Some people don't want to be saved, some people just want an excuse to explain why their life sucks, and baldness is a pretty good one.

Then why are these people on this board lookin for solutions and take **** like finasteride/minoxidil/dutasteride etc. I mean if those drugs worked they would lose their excuse to explain why their life sucks.

For me its the money part.

jayely1

Reaction score
I think people like to complain on here and in the meantime, just pray for a "cure". The cure (for many) costs $10,000 more or less...it's here!

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score

I would say most people are lurkers and don't want to get into the pissing matches with some on these boards. I'm 7.5 months out on my 2800 FUE. Hoping to visit these forums once a month. These forums can be a suck in life. FYI, I paid more than $10k.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitely an improvement! Front 3rd of my hair was just about gone so we went with the higher hairline. I'm more concerned with future loss so I need to save donor. I'm heading back the 27th for a PRP treatment. I'll get pictures then. That'll put me at the 8th month mark. I'll put up a post. Actually my name is Hicks at bbt

Theedge

Reaction score
I've explained this before. Some people just love to complain, it's like a drug to them.

I mean, I did it, I had this hair transplant even if a lot of people were talking me out of it.

And right now, I can already say, that's it, problem solved, more or less. Even though I'm still far from the final result.

I admit that it's mostly because I have a low hair/scalp contrast and I'm OK with keeping it very short.

But still, it can be scary at times. I won't lie, it's great to have some peace of mind, but it can be scary at times.

What am I going to complain about now? What am I going to rant about? Everything fine, it really is.

Once you've known the horror of hair loss at a young age and it's over, all other problems, the usual problems people have seem ridiculous.

That's one of the reasons people won't admit a hair transplant could work for them. They're going to use the same old excuses like "I'm not a candidate" or "It won't give me a full head of hair".

And then they'll just complain their life away, forever.

The lamest excuse is money though, I bet all people saying that have a car, and they're going to tell me a car is cheap? Please. It all goes down to what your priorities are.

The cost of a state-of-the-art FUE in Belgium is 6500$ for 2000 grafts, which can turn a slick NW5 into a NW2,5 who doesn't seem like he's bald anymore, which should be the point of a hair transplant.

Of course if you're NW5 or NW6 and you demand to have your teenage hair line and thickness, it cannot be done. Enjoy your life as a slick NW5+ then.

Some people don't want to be saved, some people just want an excuse to explain why their life sucks, and baldness is a pretty good one.

Very true we all have been there .

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a transplant. Before I never considered it, but lately I have been throwing around the idea especially since I am getting close to 1.5 years on finasteride and minoxidil. I pretty much know what those are going to do for me. Now I just need to decide whether the improvement I have made is good enough or if I want to go all the way and get the appearance of close to a full head of hair. I am guessing I could get what I want for around $10k.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
forgive my ignorance, but does hair transplant only look good or is only praticable if your hairloss is stabilized?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I think it is a good idea if your hair loss is stabilized. Take me for example. I am at least a NW3. Suppose I had a transplant to replace the recessed area. It would look good at first but as I continued to lose hair behind the transplanted hair, I would end up with "horns" of hair.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I think it is a good idea if your hair loss is stabilized. Take me for example. I am at least a NW3. Suppose I had a transplant to replace the recessed area. It would look good at first but as I continued to lose hair behind the transplanted hair, I would end up with "horns" of hair.

so if you never stabilized, no hair transplant :(

Theedge

Reaction score
You will need more then one transplant thats a fact . Thats the dark side of transplants you don't find out about till you actually go to a clinic
I did . My hair is not even that bad off . I was thinking like 4k MAX to have a full boat boy was i wrong . They will only do two sections at once . Some of the hair does not take thats another fact you need to think about . The gave me a price of 8.700 and for that I was not getting much hair moved at all which shocked me . I watched people come in with huge sections of skin cut out of the back of their heads . it made me think twice about doing it . And i was 100 pct sold on the procedure prior to going . The fact is EVERYONE no matter who you are will ALWAYS have to be on preservatives for life . If you want to protect your investment and the hair you still have nobody is stabilized and i mean we all we loose hair till we die. It will slow down though for some where its very slow . I went to the two biggest transplant firms in the US. And 99 pct of the people they show you on the brochures commercials etc are wearing expensive hair pieces man . I found this all out by actually going myself it was not a uplifting experience . I walked out THRILLED to use rogaine and my laser comb . Remember you will have to wait 1 FULL year to see any sort of results . Thats a LONG time to be hiding a massive scar on your head . The FUE is actually 15k and the results are not better thats another dark side of the transplant . Transplants are bs man thats the cold truth of it all . You will be chasing the dragon and thats basically what this guy who worked there told me . He was cool to be honest with me and for that I was grateful. And this place is FAMOUS for doing several the HIGH PROFLE professional athletes you see on TV promoting this . I asked about one football player i know had his done there and he told me he just had his second transplant and he didn't get the FUE. Even if I had the extra cash I would not do the FUE after looking at the pros and cons. But again go yourself you will need to i did . It REALLY made me appreciate Rogiane its the best stuff along with finasteride.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Wrong, wrong and wrong. Once you reach a certain Norwood (usually 5 or 6), it's over. My father has been NW5 from 1984 to today

It depends. Most guys, even if they have a full head of hair all their lives, lose hair when they get beyond middle age. Senile alopecia (if this is actually an extremely mild variant of male pattern baldness when it starts is another conversation) as they call it and it affects side and top hair too in most men, with or without male pattern baldness. So guys who become NW5 and 6 and have apparently stabilized, will often continue losing their hair in the "stable zones" although it's just really slow and doesn't become obvious until they're really old.

So for guys like me who have DPA/DUPA i.e. my pattern of hair loss is the entire norwood 6 area PLUS my temples, sides and back are sensitive to DHT. My hair on top is just way more sensitive as expected so it goes rapidly. It would be foolish to use my donor hair when it will eventually fall out too. And the "stable zones" would probably become noticeably thin before I became a senior citizen. Now my case is sorta rare, I lost 50% of the hair on top and maybe 10-20% of my side hair in just 2 years but now that I've been on finasteride/rogaine for five years, I still have the appearance of a NW2 with most of my hair even though I'm still balding, just really slowly.

My 80 year old grandfather has probably... 15% of his hair left on his head, including sides. Literally. He receded to an NW2 by middle age (still thick too with grey sides) and just diffused thinned to a nearly bald head all over by his 70's. I must have inherited his balding genes because no one else that I've seen has mine or his hair loss pattern aka DPA/DUPA. Mine unfortunately just hit 30 years earlier than him. And what's interesting is my gramps has also been on finasteride for his prostate for at least 10 years and it hasn't stopped the remaining hairs on his head to miniaturize. Or if it has, I wonder if he would have even 5% of his hair left if he hadn't been put finasteride.

That said, I agree with you hair transplant's can be life changing and are appropriate for some people. And I can admit that senile alopecia doesn't always happen or at least isn't noticeable in some men so it's possible it may not an issue even for a NW5/6. It is a real issue for me though and and many others so hair systems will be the best solution for guys who still want hair if meds can't be used/become ineffective and hair transplants aren't feasible.

EDIT: And just for fun here's a pic of my grandfather in his mid fifties when his diffuse thinning had started for a several years but still a norwood 2. A decade before his hair was still a thick. The second pic is of him on his 80th birthday. Notice he barely has side hairs yet he has strands of hair on top that are in his original norwood 2 pattern. It's really strange. I would of taken his hair loss pattern because despite his near alopecia totalis, he had all his hair for the important years of his life without having to worry abot balding.

Attachments

• 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 398
  • 80.JPG
    80.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 489
Last edited: