Why do a lot of gay men shave their heads?

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of gay men shave their heads (whether they are suffering from hair loss or not). Why is having a shaved head such a big fashion choice for a lot of gay men?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Because every knows the correlation between having no hair and not having sex with women. :gay:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
toocoolforhair said:
I've noticed that a lot of gay men shave their heads (whether they are suffering from hair loss or not). Why is having a shaved head such a big fashion choice for a lot of gay men?

Penis head maybe?

GeminiX

Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of straight men shave their heads (whether they are suffering from hair loss or not). Why is having a shaved head such a big fashion choice for a lot of straight men?

(See what I did there?)

/facepalm

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
^^Exactly.. :roll:

@toocoolforhair, i'm gay myself and i don't shave my head, my friends who are gay don't shave their heads either. I actually don't know nor have i ever met anyone who is gay and also with a shaved head..sort of a strange question there.

I'm assuming that those who do shave their heads and who also have lost a significant amount of their hair, like straight guys in similar positions, do so for the simple reason of getting over their hair loss?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I thought gay men shave their heads so their "gaydar" gets better reception? ......... :whistle: Guess they just don't want to get any mixed signals from people like toocoolforhair........... :innocent: I notice alot of hispanics shave their heads or wear a buzz cut and we all know they are thick NW1's with low hairlines. However, unfortunately, I don't have the ability to tell the gay ones from the straight ones. Toocoolforhair must have some really good "gaydar"......................... :punk:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
When I see man with a shaved head or buzz cut, bald or not, I see a SMART and CONFIDENT man. They don't have to worry about messing with their hair in the morning. They can get up, shower, shave, and be out of the house in a very short amount of time. Unfortunately, most of my daily ritual centers around my hair and its very time consuming. I have to work at creating the illusion that I have a full head of hair with no signs of thinning or balding. It would be nice to wake up and not have to waste anytime on my hair. I told my hair stylist that I think maybe I should just do a buzz cut and get over this obsession with my hair. He told me for the type of work I do, it would not suit me. I told him, with my head shape, I would look horrible with one anyway.
I think if you can pull off the shaved look or a buzz cut and you don't want to be tied down to daily ritual with your hair, then its the most practical hairstyle.

Dudemon, its sad to think some people assume someone must be gay because they are balding or bald because they can't get any women. I think its even worse when people assume if a guy does not have a girlfriend or a wife he must gay too. And society wants to assume every good looking male celebrity is in the "closet". I think people assume things just because they are insecure about themselves.

And come to think of it, I know toolcoolforhair is just curious and there is nothing wrong about that, but why are you asking such a question when most of the forum members on here are not even gay. How on earth would we know if you don't know yourself. Are you assuming that this forum is made of mostly gay men because alot of them are head shavers? Are you one of THOSE people Dudemon was alluding to in his post. Do you live in a blue collar rural small town?

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Because every knows the correlation between having no hair and not having sex with women. :gay:
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Sad, but true sometimes. :(

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Because they all have breast cancer. But really, it's just more anti-bald propaganda....like how bald men are malnourished pervs with poor circulation. :jackit:

Indra

Reaction score
Because they all have breast cancer. But really, it's just more anti-bald propaganda....like how bald men are malnourished pervs with poor circulation. :jackit:

And big muscles, big c*** and MORE TESTOSTERONE!

- - - Updated - - -

Actually we get plenty because we're more muscular, have more testosterone, have bigger c**** and aren't metrosexual ***s.

- - - Updated - - -

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Sad, but true sometimes. :(

Maybe for you. Man is judged on physical strength, athletic ability, c*** size, intelligence and talent.

A woman is judged on her hip to waist ratio and whether or not she's a b**ch.

Hair and money obsession is for guys with small penises who need superficiality to make up for their evolutionary weakness.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Then why don't you walk around with your c*** out and see what kind of warm reception you receive? Maybe you will make some new friends or maybe you will get arrested for indecent exposure.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. i can imagine david beckhan right now making love to his beautiful blonde wife victoria, and him just nodding while u tell him this.

meanwhile he keeps thrusting and makes her c*m all over his c*** and forgets u were talking to him

LMAO

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lol. i can imagine david beckhan right now making love to his beautiful blonde wife victoria, and him just nodding while u tell him this.

meanwhile he keeps thrusting and makes her c*m all over his c*** and forgets u were talking to him

LMAO

the ****
dat **** gay

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
They shave it because they are attracted to men and therefore know that men who are nw4 or worse look better when their heads are shaved down

ThatHairStruggle

Established Member
Reaction score
I would think it's seen as more manly in some circumstances. I assume most gay men would usually go for a hair system of some sort before shaving it all off, so perhaps for a masculine gay man it makes more sense to shave his head and be seen as a Vin Diesel type instead of a wig-wearing sort of girly dude? I don't know, that's what I've always thought.
(Sorry if that's wrong or stereotypical, I don't mean to assume or say anything bad about the gay community, it's just my thoughts on the matter.)

kpat

Established Member
Reaction score
this whole section of the forum has taken an oddish turn

Oddish is my favorite Pokemon.

Anyway, I have not noticed this supposed "trend" of gay men shaving their heads. Shaved pubes, on the other hand, is a trend which I question. Trimming the bush is great, but shaving is gross.