Who is taking propecia....

gt1229

Reaction score
...and is experiencing a normal life?

In all honesty, I've been reading lots of posts about how propecia is bad, how it can cause permanent sides and so forth.

Well I want to start hearing from the other side.

If you've been on propecia for more than, say, 3 months, then I want to know your experience with taking the drug. Do you experience any of the side effects? Are you noticing improvements? Any regrowth on the vertex? etc.

Not all drugs will work for everyone. I need to evaluate whether to go on something like propecia, and I would really like to hear from those experiencing success from it.

Thanks.

G

gt1229 said:
...and is experiencing a normal life?

In all honesty, I've been reading lots of posts about how propecia is bad, how it can cause permanent sides and so forth.

Well I want to start hearing from the other side.

If you've been on propecia for more than, say, 3 months, then I want to know your experience with taking the drug. Do you experience any of the side effects? Are you noticing improvements? Any regrowth on the vertex? etc.

Not all drugs will work for everyone. I need to evaluate whether to go on something like propecia, and I would really like to hear from those experiencing success from it.

Thanks.

Two years. No side effects, regrew hair on the crown.

G

Been taking propecia since August 1999. Now using proscar at 0.80mg daily since its cheaper. Only side effects ive had are a slight bit of acne. I know because i have experiemnted with diffrent dosages and noticed a consdierable change over months. My libido has been lowered the tinyest bit, but i feel totally comfortable with it and it doesent affect me at all.

Hairwise, Propecia has mantained my hair since ive started it. I cant be certain of regrowth with proepcia i think i had a little, but not a noticeable ammount. I noticed a LOT of regrowth when i started minoxidil. I believe i am generally a good responder to Propecia.

You have to take into account that those people who have had serious lasting effects from Propecia are a tiny, tiny, tiny minority (im not talking about general lowering of lbido, the supposed 2% minority) and this is where they come to b**ch about it. I would do the same though if i was in their shoes.

Bottom line it can work very well for some people.

G

propecia 1 year no side effects
proscar (2 months) no side effects

Ty

Axon

Reaction score
14 months, no sides. Have experienced a considerable amount of thickening on the crown and my hairline has improved.

gt1229

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies gang. I'm about to turn 23 this december. I've been noticing thinning at the front for a year and a half, and thinning at the vertex for about 9 months. Because of my age, would it be feasible for me to regrow some of the hair lost?

BTW, before I can take this drug, I have to do a blood test first to measure testosterone levels. Then my doctor will give me advice as far what to do.

Redbone

Reaction score
Remember this for the thousands that are satisfied users you are going to hear from the two that had problems. For instance I like home stereo and recently went to a manufacturers site. The manufacturer had set up a message board like this site for people to discuss there products. Guess what a majority of the posts were negative feedback on the equipment such as, the product breaking, they did not know how to use it, the remote sucked etc... Other reviewers, professionals from magazines gave the products great feedback in there magazine reviews.

The point is people are always looking for a place to vent their frustrations. I guess I would be pretty frustrated if my dick didn't work either. Theses also must be young un-married guys because the Longer you are married the longer you can go without sex. After 10 years of marriage you dont get laid anymore anyway- so its not really a big deal.

I would talk to a qualified knowledgeable doctor about Finasteride and get some honest feedback. From what I hear on the board it is about 80% positive.

Look at the percentages of a situation, studies have shown if a person is pleased with something they will tell 2 people and displeased with a situation they will tell 20 how bad it was. Awhile back there was a guy on this board who bashed Bosely medical for ruining his hair- he had websites and posted on every hair site how bad Bosely was and how they butchered his scalp. Could be true but also think that some have had good results, whatever the case this guy took it on as is own personal battle telling everyone he met. The same is true for Propecia when someone has negative sides.

Frankly, this topic is starting to bore me and comes up way to often. I have made the decision to try this medication based on sceintific fact not on someone elses bad experience.

The Fluke

Reaction score
i used it for two months and started to see my labido slide, so i'm not taking it anymore.

i've allways had an aversion to taking drugs, so it didnt take much to put me off.

fuzbucket

Established Member
Reaction score
hey fluke u shoulda stayed on.... my libido dropped bad at 2 months..... now at 3 months things are returning to the norm...... no sides otherwise... =]

Paladin_X

Reaction score
Heya

I am currently enemy number 1 on this forum.. But my advice to you.. The drug has not been around long enough to accurately asses the long term effects involved. And judging from information on forums, and people I know who are on propecia, the 3 percent sexual side effects claim is way off.. All we really have is FDA, clinical data that should be taken with a tad bit of salt.. ( ex. 3 percent sexual side effects), and experiences of people on forums who are either drug advocates or have only been taking the medication for relatively short period of time.. There might be some who have taken it since it came out, but in a grand scheme of things I wouldnt consider this long term.. Long term to me is 10 years or more.

G

Re: Heya

Paladin_X said:
I am currently enemy number 1 on this forum.. But my advice to you.. The drug has not been around long enough to accurately asses the long term effects involved. And judging from information on forums, and people I know who are on propecia, the 3 percent sexual side effects claim is way off.. All we really have is FDA, clinical data that should be taken with a tad bit of salt.. ( ex. 3 percent sexual side effects), and experiences of people on forums who are either drug advocates or have only been taking the medication for relatively short period of time.. There might be some who have taken it since it came out, but in a grand scheme of things I wouldnt consider this long term.. Long term to me is 10 years or more.

More bullshit, no data. Prove your side effects claim. How much is way more, 4%, 40%??

No, you are such a gasbag!

BTW-Proscar meets your 10 year test. Go do some research and get back to us! FYI-proscar=finasteride=propecia.

And I know you won't do the research.

:moon:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Re: Heya

Paladin_X said:
The drug has not been around long enough to accurately asses the long term effects involved. Long term to me is 10 years or more.
Finasteride has been ingested in *Five Times* the quantity of Propecia on a *Daily* basis for nearly 11 years now in the form of Proscar. Proscar is 5mg daily. Propecia is 1mg daily.

HairLossTalk.com

Paladin_X

Reaction score
Yes, i know proscar, and propecia are basically the same thing, but in just a smaller dosage of the same active ingredient. And I know they made propecia because its effects on hairloss was observed by proscar users. My father has been on proscar for awhile, and has to get a lot of tests done periodically..

I wasnt talking about proscar, or people who take the medications for prostrate problems, I was talking about those who take a smaller percentage for hairloss.. Everyone knows proscar can have major effects on the body in a 5mg form. That is why it is necessary to get blood work done so often. I do not think a young man losing his hair would accept the side effects of 5mg proscar in fighting his hairloss problems. . In fact there are studies that show a strong correlation between aggresive tumours and finasteride. But of course I doubt there will be further tests done to prove this observation, since they are making so much money from the drugs.. Another reason why I wasnt mentioning proscar is because it is more common for men who are past 50 to take proscar for prostrate, while much younger men are consuming lower dosages for hairloss.. Since we are talking about hormones, someone taking these types of drugs at an earlier stage of development may bring along different side effects.. When it comes to the complex human body, I dont really take anything for granted.. I think it is just wise to make a distinction between how a drug interacts with the body at different ages, and for different needs..

G

Paladin_X said:
But of course I doubt there will be further tests done to prove this observation, since they are making so much money from the drugs.. ..

Uh, well the studies are already underway!

How about that, I thought that Merck was only out to kill us all!

:laugh:

Paladin_X

Reaction score
arrr

damn it bruce.. lets take this to do the dojo, why dont we? heh.. Btw are you just a bruce lee fan, or do you take part in any martial arts? I am also a fan of bruce lee, its a shame to see his picture on every one of your negative posts. Oh wait let me save you the trouble bruce..

Paladin_X:
"damn it bruce.. lets take this to do the dojo, "

Brucelee: ::::types in google.com very fast::::: Paladin once again you prove your intelligence. The dojo is a word that derived from the Japanese martial art in 1965, by a well known karate expert by the name of fugi camasui. You use dojo to refer to chinese martial arts, but yet know nothing about the meaning of dojo.

There u go.. I hope i saved you the effort.

G

Re: arrr

Paladin_X said:
damn it bruce.. lets take this to do the dojo, why dont we? heh.. Btw are you just a bruce lee fan, or do you take part in any martial arts? I am also a fan of bruce lee, its a shame to see his picture on every one of your negative posts. Oh wait let me save you the trouble bruce..

Paladin_X:
"damn it bruce.. lets take this to do the dojo, "

Brucelee: ::::types in google.com very fast::::: Paladin once again you prove your intelligence. The dojo is a word that derived from the Japanese martial art in 1965, by a well known karate expert by the name of fugi camasui. You use dojo to refer to chinese martial arts, but yet know nothing about the meaning of dojo.

There u go.. I hope i saved you the effort.

You are so sad. I haven't had to go to google to reply to even one of your posts. As far as the dojo is concerned, that is way too polite and frankly, too honorable a place for you to get you *** kicked by me. I'd rather have at you in the local alleyway.

BTW-Dojo is the anglicized word for a martial arts school from JAPAN. Kwoon is the same for a martial art hall in CHINA. Now, I know that all of us Asians look alike but hey, don't insult my heritage a**h**.

Next time you make a lame attempt at sarcasm, do some research. Did they not teach you that at THE STEIN SCHOOL AT NYU???????????