Who else has had an alergic reaction to Avodart?

Z-Man

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first post in this forum. I thought I'd let you know about my experince with dutasteride in the form of genuine Avodart. I was on it 1.5 years and while I didn't have the normal side effects like imp, low libido, boobs etc, my my health seemed to fade. I got increasingly intense headaches starting around month 4, and by about 1.5 years, I had a sting in the tip of my penis which I thought was from a girl I was doing. Then I got a dull ache in my testes and pain in my rectum (probably my prostate.) Then the worst happened. I was watching Star Wars III with a date, and almost, and I mean ALMOST called an ambulance cause I thought I was gonna pass out! I got real light headed and my heart started to race.

I focused and the episode passed after a few minutes (all during the fight scene between Mace Windu and Darth Sidious :D ), and I vowed never to take the $#%@ again. Well, after 3 months, I decided to try Avo every other day, but after pill #2 I got the dizzyness, rapid heart beat, rectal and testicular pain, and headaches. No joke people. I'm recovering, but it hasn't happened right away cause of dutasteride's long half-life probably.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

oni

Reaction score
I think you should go see a Doctor!!! and get some tests done, it may not have been the dutasteride?

I thought was from a girl I was doing.
Did you get tested at all? :shock:

It's better to be on the safe side. I am not saying it was not dutasteride but if it was as bad as you say get it checked out!

Z-Man

Reaction score
I got the penis pain checked out but they found nothing fortunately. I thought "oh crap, maybe it's herpes," but it's not! I don't have any signs of herp, and all aches and pains went away when I quit dutasteride for 3 months.

dutasteride did great things for my hair, making it darker, fuller, etc, although the results weren't insane. Also I had constant shedding that discontinued when I stopped dutasteride. Fortunately, after my 2 pill "retrial" recently, I lost some libido, but now it's back in full force. Had to take care of business 2 times already!

All in all, dutasteride does NOT get my recomendation. I might try finasteride in a few months.