where to get powder minoxidil ?

existence

Reaction score
I just ordered some from a licensed manufacturing company in China. But what i ordered was minoxidil sulfate which is the active metabolite of minoxidil after I figured I don't respond to minoxidil that well. They do have minoxidil powder too. I ordered 1kg of Azelaic acid too just for 40USD.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
I just ordered some from a licensed manufacturing company in China. But what i ordered was minoxidil sulfate which is the active metabolite of minoxidil after I figured I don't respond to minoxidil that well. They do have minoxidil powder too. I ordered 1kg of Azelaic acid too just for 40USD.

So did you get results on minoxidil sulfate ? As i know minoxidil sulfate will break fast down to minoxidil alone making its sulfate structure useless

existence

Reaction score
Just an update on the minoxidil sulfate.
I have been making a fresh batch of 5% every day and applying 1ml BD since 16/12/2014
I don't see any regrowth at all. Just in case I had the powder tested with mass spec+gas chrom, HPLC and its genuine.

resu

Reaction score
If needs to be micronized and emulsified and for that to happen you need special equipment, if you're just mixing the powder with alcohol and pg then it's not going to work.

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
minoxidil sulphate will break down too fast and is useless. Some time ago I had bought 5g of minoxidil powder from a local pharmacy (17.- EUR). It dissolved well in a vehicle of i.e. 60/10/10/20 (alcohol/pg/glycerol/water, respectively) @5%.

existence

Reaction score
If needs to be micronized and emulsified and for that to happen you need special equipment, if you're just mixing the powder with alcohol and pg then it's not going to work.

I don't understand why you said that. I have seen no data with regards to that. Minoxidil sulfate MW is <500 daltons, it definitely penetrates the dermis well. In my mixture, the solution is clear.
I too don't get the point about emulsification. what physical properties of the sulfate salt would make it much different than regular minoxidil. I am just bypassing the sulfonyltransferase enzyme.

- - - Updated - - -

minoxidil sulphate will break down too fast and is useless. Some time ago I had bought 5g of minoxidil powder from a local pharmacy (17.- EUR). It dissolved well in a vehicle of i.e. 60/10/10/20 (alcohol/pg/glycerol/water, respectively) @5%.

Again i have done literature research and I could find no data on the half life of minoxidil sulfate after reconstitution. I don't believe you know anything that I don't know. What do you mean by "fast"? Just throwing it out there aye?
My approach is a practical one - a daily batch. At the worst if everything gets converted to minoxidil within the day, I am still using minoxidil.
And the first dose of the day, I use it immediately after mixing, so that is a non issue.

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
What do you mean by "fast"? Just throwing it out there aye?
No, it has been tested. Apparently it breaks down immediately upon compounding. After all, if it were not like that would you not have seen some effect?

resu

Reaction score
I don't understand why you said that. I have seen no data with regards to that. Minoxidil sulfate MW is <500 daltons, it definitely penetrates the dermis well. In my mixture, the solution is clear.
I too don't get the point about emulsification. what physical properties of the sulfate salt would make it much different than regular minoxidil. I am just bypassing the sulfonyltransferase enzyme.

- - - Updated - - -

Again i have done literature research and I could find no data on the half life of minoxidil sulfate after reconstitution. I don't believe you know anything that I don't know. What do you mean by "fast"? Just throwing it out there aye?
My approach is a practical one - a daily batch. At the worst if everything gets converted to minoxidil within the day, I am still using minoxidil.
And the first dose of the day, I use it immediately after mixing, so that is a non issue.

Regular minoxidil requires a specific preparation, you can't just buy the powder and mix it willy-nilly. You may be right about the minoxidil sulfate being easier to mix but I've never read any instructions nor do I have any interest in it.

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with powder op.

You know what the most important factor with minoxidil is? ... compliance!

juanbastos

Reaction score
I've seen an ebayer selling minoxidil sulfate in liquid or gel solutions but have not seen this product sold in an already prepared way... Unsure if this is legit or not (a bit doubtful I must say). Have you guys ever tried?

Is there a real potential rationale behind using minoxidil sulfate vs regular minoxidil 5%?

Superdude

Reaction score
Regular minoxidil requires a specific preparation, you can't just buy the powder and mix it willy-nilly.

Thank you for letting us know! Can you please explain why is it so? I was about to buy pure minoxidil powder, and I don't want to throw my money away...

resu

Reaction score
Thank you for letting us know! Can you please explain why is it so? I was about to buy pure minoxidil powder, and I don't want to throw my money away...

It needs to be dissolved at a certain temperature with a certain gas, etc. plus you need the right equipment to mix it.

Superdude

Reaction score
It needs to be dissolved at a certain temperature with a certain gas, etc. plus you need the right equipment to mix it.

Is it safe to assume that most commercial minoxidil solutions other than Rogaine/Kirkland/Equate/Lipogaine don't bother with any of this and are merely minoxidil in water/alcohol/propylene glycol?

Also, is this also true for other powdered forms of anti-hairloss products (e.g. ketoconazole, azelaic acid, spironolactone, etc.)? I mean, is it only minoxidil bulk powder that requires special equipment, or other bulk powders too?

hopper

Reaction score
I heard minoxidil sulfate is not stable too. Anyone who used minoxidil sulfate got better result than minoxidil?

Ascension

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regular minoxidil requires a specific preparation, you can't just buy the powder and mix it willy-nilly. You may be right about the minoxidil sulfate being easier to mix but I've never read any instructions nor do I have any interest in it.
Hey sorry for replying to such an old thread, Ive tried to make my own diy minoxidil solution with 70% ethanol and 30%pg and quickly realized it was utterly stupid and it didnt work as a large % of it didnt dissolve and later read that theres a specific process to it.
Do you know of any threads regarding minoxidil sulfate and how to make it at home after buying it, i still havent seen any popularity regarding it although apparently its 14 times more efficacious than normal minoxidil.
If i dont get minoxidil sulfate some people have said to just increase your regular minoxidil amount you take, so instead of lets say buying a 10% or even 15% formulation of minoxidil cant i just apply 2 or 3ml of 5% minoxidil solution as i would still get 150mg per ml of minoxidil?

Ascension

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it safe to assume that most commercial minoxidil solutions other than Rogaine/Kirkland/Equate/Lipogaine don't bother with any of this and are merely minoxidil in water/alcohol/propylene glycol?

Also, is this also true for other powdered forms of anti-hairloss products (e.g. ketoconazole, azelaic acid, spironolactone, etc.)? I mean, is it only minoxidil bulk powder that requires special equipment, or other bulk powders too?
Thats an awesome question i have some pure retinoic acid and azelaic acid and i was thinking that just adding them in a finished kirkland or rogaine solution wouldnt yield the desired results from them.