Where Can I Get Oral Spironolactone?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@real kombo I wouldn't put all your faith in spironolactone, I was on it for 6 months and the whole time I shed badly and lost half my density, it's recovered now since stopping though. From my research it seems the only thing that is genuinely good for hair is estradiol, but of course it comes with a catalogue of sides. I would still try the spironolactone, my reaction is not the norm so you could hope to recover some hair. I would recommend starting at 100mg and gradually working up to either 150 - 200mg. Good luck and keep us updated :)

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude. I forgot to ask, being on the spironolactone, the cypro, etc.....why are you still on here? Is your hairloss not cured??
Lol, its not that simple. and also it takes time

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive had the hair I had now (3V) when I was 17, I maintained it on finasteride for 2 years and just started dutasteride+spironolactone 4 days ago after I was seeing a slight recession from my 3V hairline.
dutasteride + spironolactone!? Damn, you went from throwing straight jabs to Mike Tyson haymakers.

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@real kombo I wouldn't put all your faith in spironolactone, I was on it for 6 months and the whole time I shed badly and lost half my density, it's recovered now since stopping though. From my research it seems the only thing that is genuinely good for hair is estradiol, but of course it comes with a catalogue of sides. I would still try the spironolactone, my reaction is not the norm so you could hope to recover some hair. I would recommend starting at 100mg and gradually working up to either 150 - 200mg. Good luck and keep us updated :)
spironolactone can actually have the opposite effect of blocking androgens, which is why doctors don't prescribe it for prostrate cancer anymore. Since spironolactone is a steroid, form of androgen, it will activate all nearby androgen receptors and bind to them, but they bind very weakly and can detach and let dht and testosterone bind. So not only could test and dht bind to the newly activated receptors, but the binded spironolactone can detach and make way for dht/test. This is why a lot of users report increased shedding because it's doing the literally opposite of what it's intended to do.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ma
spironolactone can actually have the opposite effect of blocking androgens, which is why doctors don't prescribe it for prostrate cancer anymore. Since spironolactone is a steroid, form of androgen, it will activate all nearby androgen receptors and bind to them, but they bind very weakly and can detach and let dht and testosterone bind. So not only could test and dht bind to the newly activated receptors, but the binded spironolactone can detach and make way for dht/test. This is why a lot of users report increased shedding because it's doing the literally opposite of what it's intended to do.

Really? Man, fighting hairloss is living in a constant stress; I guess even if it works out, you'll never be able to relax.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

How can that be? Even at a 200mg dosage? I mean I know a lot of people always had the same reason for finasteride and dutasteride shedding, but I always thought they were overreacting and that the shedding is normal for new hair to grow?

Are you telling me spironolactone will make my hairloss WORSE?

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can that be? Even at a 200mg dosage? I mean I know a lot of people always had the same reason for finasteride and dutasteride shedding, but I always thought they were overreacting and that the shedding is normal for new hair to grow?

Are you telling me spironolactone will make my hairloss WORSE?
It has the potential to do so. It also has to potential to make it better.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What dose were you on? Did you get your t and dht levels checked?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
spironolactone is a weak partial agonist of the androgen receptor. it takes space on the receptor which prevents T or Dht from binding, and it activates it some but not as strongly as T does, so it reduces the total androgenic activity levels in this way, but of course you need to keep decent amounts of the spironolactone in your system cause it wont stay on the receptor too long.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What dose were you on? Did you get your t and dht levels checked?
I was on 150mg. I have never had my levels checked, my GP refuses to allow this, he wouldn't even write me a script for finasteride so I had to privately see a dermatologist. I will assume my levels were pretty low as my sex drive was very low and my errections were often floppy.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I have heard spironolactone can do that, it was partly why I stopped it. I'm considering using low dose androcur for my anti androgen. Im going to be experimenting with a mild HRT. I will see if I can maximise hair gains while minimising feminisation.

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question, why don't people forget all the drugs and just get a quality hair transplant instead. Surely it's lets per month over all ?

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has the potential to do so. It also has to potential to make it better.

Spironolactone cream had both of these effects on my hair. For a very long time it worked incredibly well. And then it seemed to make my hair fall out. The difference in the two situations were the spironolactone cream itself (different suppliers) and the fact that I was ten years older.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
Question, why don't people forget all the drugs and just get a quality hair transplant instead. Surely it's lets per month over all ?
Because even if you do get a hair transplant the existing hair you have left is still going to fall out.

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because even if you do get a hair transplant the existing hair you have left is still going to fall out.

Not not true though. back and sides will always remain for most, and there is enough grafts to fill in the blanks.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
Not not true though. back and sides will always remain for most, and there is enough grafts to fill in the blanks.
1. No one wants to wait until they are norwood 6/7 to get a hair transplant and 2. there is only so much donor hair. If you get a hair transplant but never get on drugs to solve the hair you are currently losing then a hair transplant at best will end up being between a norwood 3 to 4. Most guys do not want to be a norwood3-4 with a transplant that will have shitty density. Best to save any hairs you have left with drugs now and then later restore what you need with a transplant.

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair transplants
1. No one wants to wait until they are norwood 6/7 to get a hair transplant and 2. there is only so much donor hair. If you get a hair transplant but never get on drugs to solve the hair you are currently losing then a hair transplant at best will end up being between a norwood 3 to 4. Most guys do not want to be a norwood3-4 with a transplant that will have shitty density. Best to save any hairs you have left with drugs now and then later restore what you need with a transplant.
Not only that, but you don't have the issue of scarring to worry about. And wearing hats to cover the signs of surgery. And you'll most likely need to get on the drugs anyway if you want the transplant to be as successful as possible, so it's just overall better to be on the drugs to begin with. You may even MAINTAIN a good head of hair for YEARS without even the slightest need for a super f*****g expensive hair transplant.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
some guys on this forum got amazing regrowth from it tho.