when is the next update?

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Preliminiary results will be in March 2008, hopefully good news...

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DaSand, where did you hear or read that? I couldn't find any mention of March on the Intercytex website.

Thanks.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
come on fellas, this thing is still at least 5 yrs away from be available to public, don't keep your hope up.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Baby steps! In one year from now (or sooner, hopefully March 08) Intercytex will give another update on how well Phase II trials are going. Hopefully the participants will grow some gd hair! I don't expect it to be released within 5 years, but the sooner they figure out the technique/dosage (if ever), the sooner it will come out.

One step at a time.

Durandel

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
come on fellas, this thing is still at least 5 yrs away from be available to public, don't keep your hope up.
I don't get it. Why not keep the hopes up? We're on the brink of the release of something that actually works! This isn't another "guesswork" hit and miss treatment to try and sustain/promote growth in failed folicles. This is a viable, lab tested solution that can create completely new healthy folicles. It's bloody wonderful, and it's coming soon!

Both Intercytex and Aderans are freely talking in terms of 2-3 years for HM being commercially released. I realise that may be a bit optomistic, but also I think that "at least 5 yrs away" is a bit negative. It may take a few more years for HM to evolve into an affordable and optomized treatment, though.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Durandel said:
RaginDemon said:
I don't get it. Why not keep the hopes up? We're on the brink of the release of something that actually works! This isn't another "guesswork" hit and miss treatment to try and sustain/promote growth in failed folicles. This is a viable, lab tested solution that can create completely new healthy folicles. It's bloody wonderful, and it's coming soon!

Both Intercytex and Aderans are freely talking in terms of 2-3 years for HM being commercially released. I realise that may be a bit optomistic, but also I think that "at least 5 yrs away" is a bit negative. It may take a few more years for HM to evolve into an affordable and optomized treatment, though.

Thank You! :bravo:

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Have everyone forgot that the latest info release about HM wasnt all that good..after what I remember people got 10%-108% more hair..that means if you take out 100hairs you will have 208..at its best.

Their are many questions about HM:
- how would hairs grow with HM(up or sideways?), remember all the funny looking dudes with transplant hair the wrong way(not said to be evil)
- is the biopsy they talk about like a FUE biopsy(that could leave a scar) or is it just the cells they take out with a needle biopsy
- price, many say its gonna be cheap, others expensive
- how will it impact the remaining hair
- what is HM hairs growth rate and are they just like the hair from the donor area
- do people still have to be on Propecia (spokesmen of intercytex says yes)
- how long will it take before its easy to get, its prob 500million baldies in the world..so guess the line at Intercytex could take some months/years

But anyhow, HM seems like a better choice than regular hair transplant with FUE WHEN it comes out. So who's up for a beer in London when HM comes out?!

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Count me in! I want to personally shake the hands of the London Intercytex docs who will have helped make HM come true.

powersam

Reaction score
Durandel said:
RaginDemon said:

eh then it'll just be time for a bit of HM tourism in India. maybe we could get a package deal, some sort of group discount.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
SoThatsLife said:

Seriously? I'm fucked then. I would still have my hair if the side effects didn't make me quit.

powersam

Reaction score
jakeb said:
SoThatsLife said:

Seriously? I'm f***** then. I would still have my hair if the side effects didn't make me quit.

not fucked. you'd just have to get refills more often.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
jakeb said:
SoThatsLife said:

Seriously? I'm f***** then. I would still have my hair if the side effects didn't make me quit.

if you are all bald at the time HM comes out it wouldnt be a problem..HM hair should be like regular donor hair that can handle dht..so you just have to transplant hair all over your head:)

What the spokesmen prob ment is that HM wouldnt cure your remaining hair, but they actually said that it could happend in 2 or 3 generation HM

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got the information that the biopsy is a FUE operation.. And Bosley that have the first go at HM just does strip..thats bad news..so no easy way to more hair dudes:)

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Considering the whole thing is an entirely new procedure for Bosley, I can't see why they wouldn't keep the FUE part.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Im just disappointed that HM is so much like the stuff we have know.. I was hopping for cell multiplication with just needle biopsy.. argh the dreaded wait for science