When did you guys finally pull the trigger?

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok... I think I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on getting a prescription for Propecia.

This male pattern baldness thing is happening so damn slowly, I can't get a good read on it.

If I compare my current hairline to exactly 3 years ago, I have most definitely lost about 1 inch in the temples and 1/2 on my hairline. The point in the centre of my hairline has become slighly evident now and it's a bit thinner than it was. I was 26 when it first started, and I'm newly 29 now.

See- I don't know if I'm over-analyzing my hair now, and I can't say for sure that it was always like this- I know it's receding but I don't know to what extent it's going to go. The rest of my head is full hair with no thinning, but that could change.

Anyhow- when did you guys pull the trigger and get on Propecia? I don't even know if it's going to do anything for me, because my problem right now is hairline recession, and I still can't tell if this is my adult hairline or it's going to get worse. It is so slow, it's not like I am in panic mode but I'm seriously thinking of getting on the medication now.

Can Propecia halt what's happening here on my hairline/temples? I'm currently somewhere between an NW1-NW2.

Thanks guys,

BOB

bombscience

Reaction score
Bob Booley said:
Ok... I think I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on getting a prescription for Propecia.

This male pattern baldness thing is happening so damn slowly, I can't get a good read on it.

If I compare my current hairline to exactly 3 years ago, I have most definitely lost about 1 inch in the temples and 1/2 on my hairline. The point in the centre of my hairline has become slighly evident now and it's a bit thinner than it was. I was 26 when it first started, and I'm newly 29 now.

See- I don't know if I'm over-analyzing my hair now, and I can't say for sure that it was always like this- I know it's receding but I don't know to what extent it's going to go. The rest of my head is full hair with no thinning, but that could change.

Anyhow- when did you guys pull the trigger and get on Propecia? I don't even know if it's going to do anything for me, because my problem right now is hairline recession, and I still can't tell if this is my adult hairline or it's going to get worse. It is so slow, it's not like I am in panic mode but I'm seriously thinking of getting on the medication now.

Can Propecia halt what's happening here on my hairline/temples? I'm currently somewhere between an NW1-NW2.

Thanks guys,

BOB

Yes. Do it now.

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
good advice. my left temple is taking a beating, and when i lift up the hair i become horrified. i'm going to get on it tomorrow.

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm still in decent shape to halt it right now. Got enough hair to totally conceal the temples, and maybe down the road i can add some minoxodil to try and grow it back in.

Is there any average time frame that this stuff starts working? I mean, if I start tomorrow, could it halt it almost right away since I'm receding at something like an inch every two years?

bombscience

Reaction score
Bob Booley said:
i'm still in decent shape to halt it right now. Got enough hair to totally conceal the temples, and maybe down the road i can add some minoxodil to try and grow it back in.

Is there any average time frame that this stuff starts working? I mean, if I start tomorrow, could it halt it almost right away since I'm receding at something like an inch every two years?

Although that is how your are receeding now, you may receed slower or faster later on in life. You just dont know. You have a very good chance of halting it at where you are right now. Getting started sooner only helps even more.

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
I was on 'pecia alone for over 3 years. Maybe it helped on top and back, but my hairline/temples continued going to crap. I'm by no means the only guy who's seen continued recession on finasteride.

The good news is, over the last year, I've regrown and substantially thickened my entire frontal region with minoxidil. I strongly recommend you use it at least once per day whether or not you get on the finasteride. It CAN work in front, lotsa guys can tell'ya so.

hopewas

Reaction score
bdfg

one week and 2 days ago.. cassin convinced me to..still waiting for my proscar in the mail

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
good

NilesTilden said:
I was on 'pecia alone for over 3 years. Maybe it helped on top and back, but my hairline/temples continued going to crap. I'm by no means the only guy who's seen continued recession on finasteride.

The good news is, over the last year, I've regrown and substantially thickened my entire frontal region with minoxidil. I strongly recommend you use it at least once per day whether or not you get on the finasteride. It CAN work in front, lotsa guys can tell'ya so.

Is applying minoxidil ance a day any good, because I'm thinking of adding it back into my regmen, but I know that applying that stuff twice a day would do my head in. Since I've started to experience the temple loss it sounds like it needs to be added, what do you think?

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Talking about triggers...

Speaking of triggers, I'll be pulling the one on my Glock 17 if my treatment stops working one day...

XL

hopewas

Reaction score

xzel..i don't know why you're complaining..you look better with a shaved head than with hair

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: ..

hopewas said:
xzel..i don't know why you're complaining..you look better with a shaved head than with hair

Yeah but it's easier for a guy to think another guy looks good with a shaved head than for a girl to think it. I did an analysis of girls opinions when I shaved my head. A good 95% said I look better with a short fade, although they said bald didn't look bad. Most said that at least a shadow of hair looks good, just not completely razored off.

If it was for me, I would always have it shaved. I love the comfort, and the mantenance-free aspect of it. However, at the end of the day I have to settle for a combination of what I like, and the opposite sex likes. This usually lies in the short haircuts...

XL

fredrik78er

Reaction score
Arent you the same bob booley who said you were bald and that we all just should get over our thinning hairs and move on... To not take any drugs against it because it was a waste? Or am I mistaking you for someone else?

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Bob/Hope

Bob Booley and Hopewas are two different characters. They're harsh comments may seems alike at times, but in they end they are two completely different set of knuckleheads. (No offense hope or bob).

XL

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
hopewas said:
i just say sh*t the way i see it. i'm sorry if the truth hurts

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I personally favor individuals who speak their mind, as I am one myself. Very seldom do I criticize people unless their offenses go beyond personal.

XL

hopewas

Reaction score
i take criticism as a good thing.. more people will know their faults. if you're a fat *** wearing a muscle shirt and i say you're too fat to be wearing that..that shouldn't be considered a bad thing. it should make you realize that you look ridiculous and others think the same thing. in the end it's a positive thing although it sounds negative. some people don't want to hear sh*t but it's better to hear sh*t to their face than behind their backs. and i don't get what you mean about how you like individuals who speak their mind. this is me speaking my mind. this is a messageboard. you say things to help others out. if they look ridiculous you have to tell them for their own good

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
hopewas said:
and i don't get what you mean about how you like individuals who speak their mind.

There's nothing to get. Your style is corect to my eyes and there is nothing wrong with it. There is a percentage of individualls who will take criticism as an offense vs encouragement though. It is these people that usually fight back with insulting comments when the original purpose of the critisism was to help them.

XL