whats your guys opinion about the lasercomb?

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive read that it is FDA approved to make hair appear thicker, and is going through trials for hair regrowth. But im asking you guys who ive gathered are honest, have any of you tried it, with enough success to justify the 650 dollar price tag?

HairFarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
I've seen them as low as $80 so i'm not sure where you're getting that $650 price tag? :freaked:

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
hahha 80? man my info must have been really old. Now that i think about it, that site wasn't always careful with its information.
Anyway, more importantly, is it of any use in your opinion?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
damn where have you seen them for $80...Last time I checked their still like $650.
EBay has them in the 3-400 dollar range.
Never seen it for $80

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I read in a Mens Health Article that the laser comb can not do much as far as hairloss goes because the follicle is 5mm down in the scalp and the well respected hairloss Dr said that there is no way it could penetrate the skin that far to have any real long term beneficial effects. Basically the Doctor said it was just the latest fad. I am not sure whether its fact or not just giving a heads up.

G

ever held your hand up to a very bright light to make it red and to see the bones ?, or put a torch in your mouth so your cheeks go red and scare your little sister ?, that there is light penetrating through your flesh.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
If I still have the article I will write what it says. Or course you can see flesh, but for the results I am not sure it would actually work, I mean minoxidil alone has a hard time getting down there. Anyway if I can find it I will write it out, and you can be the judge.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
hell, even if it wasnt a growth stimulant, anything that makes my hair appear thicker gets a good mark in my book.
Of course, the question is how much thicker it makes the hair.

cloud

Reaction score
It has made my hair significantly thicker... I saw my derm last week, and she said my hair is looking good and healthy now, and that it's "standing up" instead of being limp and lifeless (as it was before). My hair has A LOT more body now.
Of course I'm also using other treatments, but I'm convinced the lasercomb is playing an important role in my regimen.

Cloud

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
The lasercomb has alreay finished the FDA 12 month clinical trials for regrowth and is currently waiting for a decision. They claim on their website that their FDA clinical trials were "statistically significant and superior to any other product on the market". That's a BIG claim. Take it for what it's worth.

However it hasn't done much for me in the 9 months I've used it.

cloud

Reaction score
About 580€. I'm European, and ordered from the American site as the European site is even more expensive. I do now know of a site where you can buy a new one for 490$, and you can also buy a refurbished one (cost : 495$) from the Hairmax people.

I've been using the comb since January.

Cloud

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
man, the more i read about it, it sounds almost too good to be true. Any other testimonials? Thanks by the way, george and Cloud.
BTW, is there anything else out there besides the lasercomb thats FDA approved to make hair appear thicker?

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
cloud, do you know if hte lasercomb is a one-time buy, or do they generally stop working after like a year?

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
You know, if it did work that long, that would be too cool. But, has anyone here had the comb long enough to attest to whether it actually lasts that long?

Grandpa

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think the smaller handheld lasercombs have even been around that long. From what I understand the hairmax is just a smaller, more convenient version of hair laser treatments that had previously been large salon style machines. I looked at the hairmax site a few months ago and if I remember correctly they claim that the if kept in pristine condition it would function for more than a lifetime, but that the 10 year life expectancy was predicted based on wear and tear.

HairFarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
$80 was the cheapest i ever saw on ebay...theres some list prices on there from $299 & up..

There's also several brands from what i've seen...

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
different brands? i thought Hairmax was the only manufacturer, and i figured they'd get a patent...
Anyway, does anyone know if and where i can find the data from the FDA trials? I dont want to get it and find out that in the FDA trials, there was only a marginal increase in the thickness of the hair.
I appreciate all the replies guys.