What Would You Like To See In A Documentary Linking Hair Loss To Mental Health?

mynameis

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there, I've been a big time lurker of these forums for a while now. I'm also a filmmaker who suffers from hair loss and always wanted to do a documentary on young adults suffering from hair loss and how it affects their mental health. As many of you are aware, the media misrepresents and undermines what it means to lose your hair at an early age, usually playing it off as a joke or a character seen as the loser in the group. There really isn't any representation of how much of a toll it can have on someone's well-being.

Right now I'm pretty early in development brainstorming different talking points and areas of focus, so I wanted to get some input from the people with first hand experience. What would you like to see in a documentary that shows the mainstream what it's like to suffer from hair loss? How would you like to be represented? Is there any specific topics or conversations you would like to be had?

Any and all ideas are welcomed.

youngman

My Regimen
Reaction score
This needs to get made man. Thank you for thinking about it. What jumps to mind for me is the ridiculous levels of anxiety that come with it. Teenagers and young twenty's already have so much on their plate, so balding at the same time creates a ridiculous amount of stress and anxiety, that no one can understand unless they are going through it!

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ideally it should be seen as part of life and celebrated to some degree. Similar to females and the life changes they experience.

Giving birth for example changes the body and we all celebrate that including scars, sagging, stretch marks etc.

???

stejames

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think a Doctor uncovering the mental of going bald would be interesting, but also having the otherside where youngens embrace it. Also trying to get some insight from high profile bald men would be a good perspective.

The trials of going through being bald young help harden some men and has had a positive effect on them professionally.

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking about this more and if you can ever get higher profile, people who have or currently suffer from hairloss, it could bring a lot more attention.

There was the redpill movie with the feminist who changed views. Perhaps the lack off attention was not as high profile people.

stejames

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking about this more and if you can ever get higher profile, people who have or currently suffer from hairloss, it could bring a lot more attention.

There was the redpill movie with the feminist who changed views. Perhaps the lack off attention was not as high profile people.
matthew mcconaughey says he hasn't done anything to save his hair yet photos say otherwise.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ideally it should be seen as part of life and celebrated to some degree. Similar to females and the life changes they experience.

Giving birth for example changes the body and we all celebrate that including scars, sagging, stretch marks etc.

???
:rolleyes: Bald is ugly. Getting older should be respected and celebrated for the wisdom that comes with experience not for the sake of celebrating ugliness. Obesity, baldness, stretch marks, sagging, and scars are nothing to celebrate. It's bad enough women fall for this celebrate flaws garbage, now men are doing it too?

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Bald is ugly. Getting older should be respected and celebrated for the wisdom that comes with experience not for the sake of celebrating ugliness. Obesity, baldness, stretch marks, sagging, and scars are nothing to celebrate. It's bad enough women fall for this celebrate flaws garbage, now men are doing it too?

I honestly don't think bald is "ugly". Do I wish my hair was the way it is. Do I look better with my hair.

But, I did take the plunge and buzzing my head and it was well received. I've contemplated just buzzing my head and forgetting all about it hahaha. It was definitely freeing.

The few girls I met on tinder also didn't mind.

I think when everyone here keeps saying it is ugly we only lower our own self-esteem. It is not ugly and nor are stretch marks, it is part of life.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, hairloss should be labelled as a disease. It would at least push scientists to take this horride genetic flaw way more seriously.

Until this is done, the balding gene will just have to spread further like corona.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Depression and chemical dependence. People turning to drugs and alcohol to deal with hair loss, especially at an early age. Then their lives are destroyed and some overdose on fentanyl-laced heroin...

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can also add point of view of delusional people who think that bald isnt ugly. You can intreview - G- for that

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello! I have heard about this problem. You know, mental problems influence our physical health more than we can even imagine. That's why the link between our mental health and hair loss looks, at least, logical. That means that people with hair loss need vancomycin coupon from rx24drugs.com
who the f*ck are you?

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can also add point of view of delusional people who think that bald isnt ugly. You can intreview - G- for that

Hahaha. That is fine, I choose to be positive. Also, I have the head shape for the bald look (I tried) so I know.

Better than some of the people on here who are in their 30's and still virgins living in their parent's basement jerking to Asian girls *rolls eyes*.