What type of persons are more vulnerable to hairloss?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
What type of persons are more vulnerable to hairloss?

I'm not sure if there is a thread about this somewhere, but I was wondering if anyone has investigated the correlations between common baldness incidence rates and the genotype of the individual.
For example, do people with dark hair or light hair are more predisposed? Or people from a germanic background, or maybe mediteranian heritage? or men with a hairy cheasts etc etc. OR, more better, do people with a high density or low density are more protected? And people with thick or fine hair?

Anyone have any ideas?

P.D. Thank you PiggyHogDaddy ;)

Sean68

Reaction score
people with fair hair like mine are usually more predisposed to it i think.
i wonder if thats because fair hair is usually thinner and as the follicles squeeze the hair and make it thinner it has less cycles to go through before it falls out than people with thick hair?

Sean68

Reaction score
Sean68 said:
people with fair hair like mine are usually more predisposed to it i think.
i wonder if thats because fair hair is usually thinner and as the follicles squeeze the hair and make it thinner it has less cycles to go through before it falls out than people with thick hair?

is that right? it convinces people in the pub pretty well.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sean,

In my opinnion persons with dense and thick hair are less proned to develop common baldness.

But fair hair is not correlated with thinner hair, it is genetics.

Armando

Pondle

Reaction score
I remember James Hamilton was cited as saying that white men are more prone to early baldness than black men. Never seen any stats though. You see baldness in most ethnic groups and affecting men with very different types of hair.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Programmers??.

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
Pondle said:
I remember James Hamilton was cited as saying that white men are more prone to early baldness than black men. Never seen any stats though. You see baldness in most ethnic groups and affecting men with very different types of hair.

Not really...I see a ton of black NBA players that are balding. Even Kobe's is rapidly thinning. The only group I can think of that don't bald are American Indians.

Pondle

Reaction score
I thought I was citing James Hamilton, actually this comes from another paper - "white men are four times more likely than black men to develop premature balding" (Setty LR. Hair patterns of the scalp of white and Negro males. Am J Phys Anthropol 1970;33:49­55).

G

In my observation blond types have a much higher rate of balding. Even before they start going bald, their hair is thinner than hair of their dark haired counterparts. So, yes, Germanic people seem to have a much higher balding rate than mediterreanians. Not sure, about Slavs though.

Among Africans there seems to be far less balding. I hardly see any real Africans who is balding in his 20s. Keep in mind, that African-Americans are largely white genetically. Also, Turks seem to have much better hair than whites. I don´t remember ever seeing a balding Turk in his 20s, they usually start balding at a later age. This is just my observation.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Taugenichts write:

In my observation blond types have a much higher rate of balding. Even before they start going bald, their hair is thinner than hair of their dark haired counterparts. So, yes, Germanic people seem to have a much higher balding rate than mediterreanians. Not sure, about Slavs though.

Among Africans there seems to be far less balding. I hardly see any real Africans who is balding in his 20s. Keep in mind, that African-Americans are largely white genetically. Also, Turks seem to have much better hair than whites. I don´t remember ever seeing a balding Turk in his 20s, they usually start balding at a later age. This is just my observation.

People with blond hair have a thiner hair than black hair. And among Africans the hair is more curly than Europeans.

On the other hand, people with two or more whirl in hair's scalp are more proned to suffer hair loss.

All this piece of information is in the line with my idea: Problems with sebum flow are the first step in the multifactorial process of common baldness.

Armando

Armando

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Armando Jose said:
All this piece of information is in the line with my idea: Problems with sebum flow are the first step in the multifactorial process of common baldness.

Armando, have you found anybody at all who agrees with your idea? :wink:

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bryan, some people are interested in my theory.

But, my interest today is try to demostrate the existence of "ANDROGENS" in all scalp hairs, in men and women, years before puberty, lets say in persons of one or two years old.

If I am correct, how affect it to the current theory?

Take care my friend.

Armando

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
scottie311 said:
Pondle said:

Not really...I see a ton of black NBA players that are balding. Even Kobe's is rapidly thinning. The only group I can think of that don't bald are American Indians.

Well even in the nba you can see that the percentage of balding white players is much higher than the balding black players. From what I've noticed, the amount of balding white guys is almost the same as it is for black guys despite the fact that blacks dominate the league.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Armando Jose said:
But, my interest today is try to demostrate the existence of "ANDROGENS" in all scalp hairs, in men and women, years before puberty, lets say in persons of one or two years old.

Even in the unlikely event that you are correct about that, how do you explain the fact that people without functional androgen receptors have flourishing scalp hair? You claim that "without sebum, there is no hair", which is completely contradicted by the example of those people with complete androgen insensitivity. Whether they have androgens or not in their scalp hair, the androgens don't do anything, and they don't produce sebum, and yet they still have LOTS of hair.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
My friend Bryan;

You don't answer my question regarding the role of androgens in common baldness if there exist in scalp hairs from early years of our existence.

Respect those people with complete androgen insensitivity, I have to say that I am very skeptical about the word "complete". I think this possiblity don't exist, because androgens are supossed to take part in adult brain, by example. Nature developed not only one metabolism route in this vital steroids process.

Armando

michael barry

Reaction score
the success of finasteride, which does NOTHING to reduce sebum, yet regrows hair and keeps haircounts above baseline for over a decade completely crushes Armando's sebum back-up theory of baldness.

Period.

Sebum backup, does not cause baldness. Period. If this were the reason, finasteride would not increase haircounts over baseline for so long. There would be not big spike in haircounts for the first two years. The same amount of sebum is being produced.

I think Armando is selling a baldness product with some old essential oils and topical anti-androgens and his marketing strategy is to tell bald men something that they long to hear (i.e.---it aint your faulty genetics making you bald) so that they will buy what he is selling instead of revivogen, crinagen, spironolactone, or whatever topical anti-androgen out there).

All the evidence coming in about TGF-beta 1, PKC, etc. that show specific dermal papilla inhibtors regulating the hair cycle, all the mountainous evidence from researchers working on the problem

THE BLATANTLY OBVIOUS f*****g HAIR TRANSPLANT SUCCESSES that have hair growing thirty years after the plugs were put in, even after the hair around them falls out invalidate anything about sebum causing hairloss. Armando's trying to pad his retirement is all I can figure out. A lot of people in Spain are attempting to pad their retirements from what I can tell, as their birthrate is only 1.2 children per female, they will be a practically extinct people in less than 200 years if they dont start making some babies over there pretty soon. They are literally almost halving the size of each successive generation. You'd think Armando would be more worried about that instead of asserting an easily disprovable baldness theory.

Transplants alone wreck Armando's theory.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear Michael Barry;

You are a very clever guy, like Mr. Bryan, but I don’t understand why you try to demolish my unsophisticated and simple theory. Nobody knows, neither me, exactly what happen in common baldness, due probably to the extrem complexity of PILOSEBACEOUS unit. Curiously, in the history, all remedies for common baldness are suported by a theory. Do you remember circulations factors?, or better, suffocation of hair root?
Snake oils – Suffocation of hair roots
Trasplants – Donor dominance
Minoxidil – nutrientes
Finasteride – Androgenetic theory
Aminexil – Fibrosis
Hedgedog – genetic
Hair multiplicaction – steem cells

You say: The succes of finasteride invalide my theory.

And then, what are doing Curis, Intercytex, etc? You mention TGF-beta, PCK etc. Why if the finasteride is the solution?

You say: Sebum backup does not cause baldness.

Sebum have androgens and sebaceous gland produce t and DHT. Then, what is your position? Do you agree with the current theory abous steroids? I don’t understand, you seem inconsistent.
And, please, read my theory (*) again, the first problem is not sebum backup but the interference in the travel of steem cells from the bulge area to dermal papilla.

You say: I think Armando is selling a baldness product with some old essential oils and topical anti-androgens and his marketing strategy is to tell bald men something that they long to hear (i.e.---it aint your faulty genetics making you bald) so that they will buy what he is selling instead of revivogen, crinagen, spironolactone, or whatever topical anti-androgen out there).

This is may bet. A topical and multifactorial product, and it is not for life. A type more sophisticated than revivogen which is applaude by someone.

You say: THE BLATANTLY OBVIOUS f****ing HAIR TRANSPLANT SUCCESSES that have hair growing thirty years after the plugs were put in, even after the hair around them falls out invalidate anything about sebum causing hairloss.

You know that trasplanted hairs are longer and with better attention than originals. And, what about body hair trasplant versus donor dominance?

You say: Armando's trying to pad his retirement is all I can figure out. A lot of people in Spain are attempting to pad their retirements from what I can tell, as their birthrate is only 1.2 children per female, they will be a practically extinct people in less than 200 years if they dont start making some babies over there pretty soon. They are literally almost halving the size of each successive generation. You'd think Armando would be more worried about that instead of asserting an easily disprovable baldness theory.

OOHps, I don’t understand your idea, please, Are you mathematical?. OTOH In my family are five members, four women.

You say: Transplants alone wreck Armando's theory.

Are you sure??

Please Michael, two times in this post I asked Bryan one thing about androgens in scalp hairs before puberty. Have you any idea?

Finally, I have the same economics problems than the mayority of us, but my main concernn now is trying to give light in this thorny issue because there is a lot of people dealing with hormones without a firm security.

OTOH, if you continue attacking me, sadly I’ll cut our comunication

Be happy.

Armando

(*) http://www.againstalopeciaandbaldness.com