What is your Norwood level?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
My guess is the majority of active posters on here are mostly a NW3 or less. If you guys don't mind, could you be honest and state your Norwood level CURRENTLY. That means if you had a transplant what are you now. Mine is almost a NW2 with diffuse thinning all over.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 3 or 4. Went that way fast at 23. Before I never noticed any signs of hairloss.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Diffuse NW3V(and I do mean V!!!)

Cincinnati Kid

Established Member
Reaction score
Right now at a Norwood 2.5ish, but doctors ultimately believe it will be a 5A pattern when it's all said and done. There's thinning in the front of my central forelock which I shave off so the hairline moves back a bit to where the frontal hairs are thicker looking. I have been growing it out lately because the top of my hair looks thicker when the hair is longer because of the curls. The hairs sort of lay on top of one another and get better coverage than if I had straighter hair.

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 1.25/1.5ish with some minor thin spots in the vertex and a tiny thin spot between the frontal area and the midscalp - these areas are recovering from the previous huge diffuse thinning areas I had pre-meds. Back then the thin spots were closing in on full-on "bald spots", but now they are just spots with hair albeit lesser amounts. The vertex thin spot is about 4 cm in diameter whereas the midscalp thin spot is only like 1.5cm.

Hair density is at about 60-70% of the normal density in the thin spots of the vertex and 75-85%ish density in the other area, so without anti-airbrushing (parting hair in a way to deliberately expose thinness) and taking pics up straight up from the above and in harsh lighting - it looks like full coverage with zero hair loss, not even a mature hairline.

Was Norwood 3.5/4 with diffuse thinning before getting on the big three and before the minoxidil results kicked in. I'm happy and set at the moment, will add dutasteride later if I seem to lose ground from here (periodical sheds aside).

nicoandgello

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.5 left 2 right but with all around diffuse + retrograde
20210421_215412.jpg

20210429_012549.jpg

20210429_012621.jpg

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks pretty damn good to me.
The only thing that I see and it might be nothing is a bit of shrinkage/loss of quality at the hair line. The thing in back, nobody is likely to notice and it does not look that out of sorts but since it is short, maybe try microneedling there.

Last edited:

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NW2.5 at 36 years old with signs of diffusing in the NW6 area - but my balding didn't begin until I was 32 so I am not out of the woods.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nw2.5 on Left temple which is worse than right but approaching 2.5. Crown looks OK but there is some general thinning (I read it was called "invisible balding"). I got some of my bloodwork back and I'm very concerned.

Estradiol levels were 35pg/ml which is very high. I'm concerned about that. Is there a way to naturally lower this or am I going to need aromatase inhibitors?

Haaribol

My Regimen
Reaction score
41 y/o. Norwood 2/ 2.5 with diffuse thinning on the vertex. Started to lose density at 24, jumped on finasteride and was a Norwood 1 until 39. At that age, my hairloss seemed to accelerate.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
41 y/o. Norwood 2/ 2.5 with diffuse thinning on the vertex. Started to lose density at 24, jumped on finasteride and was a Norwood 1 until 39. At that age, my hairloss seemed to accelerate.
The 40's are tough to go thru without losing density due to age too. I have seen a few men lose alot of hair all of sudden in their 40's. @bluecyclone