What if you don't want to be a shaved tanned meathead?

kikoman

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of everybody making shaving your head synonymous with a tanned meathead look. I, for one do not approve of that. Being that there is a style that one should somehow embody. Yes, it is childish, but if we all dressed accord to what we wanted regardless of a certain style, than we'd all look completely different. Obviously, this is not the case. We all seem to follow certain fashion trentds. Why is the muscular tanned guy look is the only look discussed hear when shaving your here comes up. I'm not macho, and sadly i'll have to shave my head pretty soon. May be its the fact that hairloss, or shaved head in skinny people is associated with being a loser, and the meathead look is suppose to change all of that. Hair is an extension of our personalities. its said, but true. There has to be a middle ground between the balding loser, and the macho shaved tanned meathead look.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
who cares??

Just go with your style and don´t give a damn sh*t about it.

Tanned and muscled look is used to enhance appearance despite of hair-loss.

If you don´t feel like doing so, just go as you like.

John Malkovich isn´t tanned or mucled and he looks pretty well with his bald head.

powersam

Reaction score
it could even be a bad thing, gets you typecast so to speak.

when i shaved my head i was both skinny and pale. i still received attention because i've got a pretty face. i wouldnt have a pretty face if i bulked up as i'd lose the cheekbone definition that the ladies love.

but really, you have to make the best of a bad situation. make yourself look as good as you can with the materials you have available. decide for yourself which direction this will take.

G

Before starting, with shaved, I mean totally shaved with a Razor MACH 3. Not buzzed down.

I look at it this way, 20 years ago, having a totally shaved head was sinonimous of being sick, or being a phreak.

Nowadays, it looks cool, and it's more accepted. Maybe the first week impact is hard. I remember the frist time I shaved my head 4 years ago, I stayed at home the first few days. :eek:

I think it's also more accepted, because there a lot of bald guys nowadays, and many are famous, and have the power of creating a new fashion mode with their style. And those who follow him, are considered "cool" because they are following a Star Fashion. And thus they accept you in sopciety. Yes, I know, occidental society sucks.

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
http://www.docguide.com/news/content.ns ... 700055615D

They found that the scalp dermis was significantly thicker in the men with androgenic alopecia than in the subjects without alopecia. This difference was due to a more severe elastosis in baldness. The researchers found that the earliest signs of elastosis due to sun exposure preceded hair thinning. A negative exponential correlation was found between hair diameter and severity of solar elastosis (when elastosis was thicker than 0.2 mm).

:freaked: :freaked: :freaked:

unluckystat

Reaction score
This is probably one of the reasons why my scalp itches like crazy when I'm out in the hot Miami sun for extended periods of time.

G

PowerSam said:
i wouldnt have a pretty face if i bulked up as i'd lose the cheekbone definition that the ladies love.

lol, i did not know that girls love "cheekbone definition"

Is that the secret to get girls?

That's is new info to me. :shock: