What causes testicle pain when using finasteride?

nydheart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to ask a question regarding finasteride and the potential side effects. I am curious if any one knows why some peoples testicles ache when first starting the drug? What is the cause of this?

Londo

Established Member
Reaction score
Good question nydheart.

I had that. It felt like a mild case of blue balls for a week or so.

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nydheart said:
Hi all, just wanted to ask a question regarding finasteride and the potential side effects. I am curious if any one knows why some peoples testicles ache when first starting the drug? What is the cause of this?

I don't know. I didn't begin to get testicular pain until about 5 months in, but I only get it occasionally now. As it's a hormone I suppose it's counteracting their normal process.

A trichologist told me this:

"Testicular pain as a side effect has been recorded by men using Propecia but it is very unusual. The fact that it only started after 5 months of using the treatment says that it’s most likely down to something else.

What I would advise is to stop taking Propecia for 1 week, which is enough time for it to leave your system, and see if the pain wears off. If it does then it was most likely caused by the Propecia, if not then there is another reason for the pain so you should consult your doctor."

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Upregulation of Testosterone thanks to finasteride.

Your nuts are working harder to put out more T, since when on finasteride T goes up by up to 20%.

Also, finasteride-induced leydig cell hyperplasia and adenomas. Look it up for more info.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mew said:
Upregulation of Testosterone thanks to finasteride.

Your nuts are working harder to put out more T, since when on finasteride T goes up by up to 20%.

Also, finasteride-induced leydig cell hyperplasia and adenomas. Look it up for more info.

Yeah, I was gonna guess the same thing. Balls have to work harder.

Sean68

Reaction score
ive had it too. comes and goes. its always my left one as well.

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
My nana said testicular pain is similar to an itchy palm, in the way it means your going to win the lottery!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I have it occationally too

It comes and goes.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
In life some things are a pain in the neck and somethings are a pain in the nuts.