What can be added to minoxidil for an anti androgen effect?

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, it seems very logical to me to add something to an existing topical that we use that would knock out two birds with one stone. (the idea of xandrax)

What can be added to minoxidil (besides azelic acid since its inconclusive) that will inhibit dht/or be an anti androgen. What exactly does retinin A do when its in rogaine besides helping absorbtion?

Would GLA or ALA be a good idea? The the question of how much of the specific chemical to put in.

Maybe its just me but if it could somehow stay stable in minoxidil without affecting either's potency than this is a good method to use.

CCS

Reaction score
I totally agree, and have been thinking about this for a while. green tea extract and grape seed extract won't affect androgens, but may be a good addition.

As for the androgens, definitely GLA or ALA. But those are hard to get, until I figure out how to make them from oils. http://www.chemistrystore.com has oleic acid, a gallon for $17. I doubt it is more than 85% pure, and is probably closer to 75%. It is also one of the weaker fatty acids, but has almost the same effect on flank organ as spironolactone does. It takes care of androgen receptors and 5ar, so some extent.

The only down side is it might make the minoxidil more oily. But I plan to buy some to tie me over until I make the GLA. The price is right.

Oh, and Bryan doubts it is pure enough to do anything.