What books do follically challenged brilliant minds read?

ali777

Reaction score
I must confess I haven't read a proper book for some time. I'd like to have an hour or two of "me time" every day and just enjoy a nice book...

So, what books have you read recently that you could recommend to the follically challenged minds?

I was thinking of getting two of Richard Dawkins' books (do not go into religion, please). I've read so many articles about those books and I probably know everything that is in the books, but I still want to read them for myself.

The last 5-10 books I've read were all about science and scientific discoveries. If you are interested in Mathematics, one author I can recommend is Simon Singh. Bill Bryson's "Short History of Everything" is also a nice book. I admit, it's more suited for the younger readers but there is no age for learning.

The Gardener

Reaction score
For the technical finance geeks out there - Mohammad El-Arian's "When Markets Collide"

Not so much for his "model portfolio" advice, but more so for his unique perspective on globalization, and its ripple effects on our economy. Absolutely fascinating reading from someone who has had a front row seat (chairman of PIMCO, the largest global bond fund in the world) to what all of us are experiencing right now.