Well, got a prescription for Propecia

vindog124

Reaction score
...I'm just deciding whether or not to get it filled. I know I should, I am just a little scared I guess. My hair is starting to thin, that is a fact, and I know that it is only going to get worse. Might as well do something.

Need some encouragement please!!!

Thanks.

Dick Hyman

Reaction score
I was you a week ago.
Got my script. Took 2 days to bring it to the pharmacist, then another 2 days to convince myself to pick it up. I just started taking it a few days ago and am not digging the way it makes my wang feel. If I don't adjust to the drug in a couple weeks, I'm giving it the "Heisman."

ShedMaster

Reaction score
dick, give it some time for your body to adjust. I felt like crap but my body soon adjusted and my libido came back extremely well. Thats my advice.

vindog, if your hairloss is to the extent that you think you need propecia and saw a doctor about it then you probably have enough male pattern baldness to use it. Many people wish they had started propecia when they had more hair to salvage. I certainly do but it has done quite well for me combined with my other treatments.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Dick Hyman said:
I was you a week ago.
Got my script. Took 2 days to bring it to the pharmacist, then another 2 days to convince myself to pick it up. I just started taking it a few days ago and am not digging the way it makes my wang feel. If I don't adjust to the drug in a couple weeks, I'm giving it the "Heisman."

btw, dick, I just checked your regimen. I think that you are a good responder to rogaine and never really gave it a shot. Quit after a month? :roll:

vindog124

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
dick, give it some time for your body to adjust. I felt like crap but my body soon adjusted and my libido came back extremely well. Thats my advice.

vindog, if your hairloss is to the extent that you think you need propecia and saw a doctor about it then you probably have enough male pattern baldness to use it. Many people wish they had started propecia when they had more hair to salvage. I certainly do but it has done quite well for me combined with my other treatments.

Well, I think it is a good idea that I start early. My girlfriend says she can't notice. I even asked the guy who has been cutting my hair for the last 2 years. He says my hairline isnt going anywhere, but I know it is. Styling is has become increasingly difficult. Anyways, I'm gonna get the prescription filled tomorrow.

Hopefully this will help me. My doctor is pretty confident that it will.

Dick Hyman

Reaction score
btw, dick, I just checked your regimen. I think that you are a good responder to rogaine and never really gave it a shot. Quit after a month?

Yeah..All I know is that shnyite was making my hair fall out, my scalp itch, and my self esteem tank. I don't give a horse's *** if that's considered to be "good response" to a hair growth stimulant...if it does the exact opposite of what it should, I ain't taking it.

Dick Hyman

Reaction score
plus, what about the 6 months I did on minoxidil 2%, that only resulted in in an increase in rate of loss (as compared to my rate of loss before starting he 2% minoxidil)?