Weight Training Thread For Maximum Gainzzz

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed, but borderline impossible to look like that without roids though. Unless your routine and diet are insanely perfect and consistent its very difficult to get to a point where it looks ridiculous.

I'm sure that's a roid body. Heard Jason Statham has a perfected routine and diet.... Calculates every drink of water even... And even his body isn't like that.

Statham is not a good looking guy, but his body is great. Sure that's a good goal for most.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure that's a roid body. Hear d Jason Statham has a perfected routine and diet.... Calculates every drink of water even... And even his body isn't like that.

Statham is not a good looking guy, but his body is great. Sure that's a good goal for most.

My gains have been f*****g solid lately. Kind of similar body to Stathams but his back and traps are much bigger. Looking at them I suspect he's juicing. Just got to cut off my body fat from 20% to 13-15% and I'll be f*****g solid on that front.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on that mate. Let me guess... Most , if not all of your drive came after your life drastically improved after the hair transplant in Turkey?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on that mate. Let me guess... Most , if not all of your drive came after your life drastically improved after the hair transplant in Turkey?

I've always enjoyed gym just because it's something you can always feel improvement in if you get a proper routine, even when other things aren't going perfectly so not entirely, although I didn't feel like it was improving my look before without the hair. More incentive to lose weight and looksmax to the biggest extent I can though lately, I'll do a before and after on my thread with a full body shot + hair at the 12 month mark. The hair alone has put me up a point and I can probably get another from the gains and weightloss lately.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember loving working out. Improvement as well as improving my looks. That was three years ago. Now, I find it very hard to do something like that.

Still, I will try to inch my way into the gym game again. Hopefully will do something about my crippling depression

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My gains have been f*****g solid lately. Kind of similar body to Stathams but his back and traps are much bigger. Looking at them I suspect he's juicing. Just got to cut off my body fat from 20% to 13-15% and I'll be f*****g solid on that front.

You're really blessed to be as good looking as you are with 20% body fat.

Get down to 12% and you'll be a chad among chads.

Calabria

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel, Razz. That was me a couple of years ago. It wasn't easy getting back to the gym, but after a couple of months I was hooked again. You'll make it, bro.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks @Calabria .

Hey, anyone know where I can get a (somewhat) accurate calorie calculator?

I'm getting maintenance Cal's from 1900 all the way to 2400

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Article about a celeb trainer/former bodybuilder that reminds me of my own approach to training:

nytimes.com/2018/01/03/style/charles-glass-bodybuilder-workout.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

Goes against a lot of conventional thinking and what I see from a majority in the gym. If your goals are aesthetics, the weight means sh*t, it's all about perfect form and proper focus for whatever you're trying to work. Using unconventional placements and positioning to isolate the areas you need. Also downplays the value of the sacred compound movements people obsess over, calls deadlifting a "waste of energy" which I've believed myself for some time now.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 67102

Yeah it's always around that or higher. I'm not sure if I understood your last sentence.

I do have a good frame, not only do people think I'm not fat but think I have a good intentional body composition of this size, and I'm probably even somewhat ripped or muscular bulky, even gym friends who are or have been on top condition have asked if I can see my abs and lol, so far off that. The fattest I've been in recent years was 215 and only then did I see a few pictures and think "ok look at your face, it's showing mane, put the cheeseburger down" but that weight is officially obese by BMI standards! Of course it should be showing.

To me I still feel the weight and often don't like it, obviously at 25% I can feel my gut when sitting up etc. But amazingly others don't notice. It doesn't really give you that drive to really cut down weight though.

I personally am quite skeptical of the whole "maintenance calories" thing. I've definitely gained muscle while on a calorie deficit at very low body fat. Don't get me wrong if the primary goal is mass gains eating a ton is definitely the way to make it happen as quickly as possible, but I don't see why the body couldn't still support muscle growth as long as there is any carb or fat storage left to burn from, and protein intake is high

I guess I can be somewhat of an experiment as I just began intermittent fasting and I will continue to lift for mass. Granted I am content to more or less maintain the level of muscle mass I have, but I will still be pushing for new heights during my workouts. I will also be adding more cardio. The goal for me right now is to get back down to sub 10% bodyfat and maintain it indefinitely

Last edited:

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally am quite skeptical of the whole "maintenance calories" thing. I've definitely gained muscle while on a calorie deficit at very low body fat. Don't get me wrong if the primary goal is mass gains eating a ton is definitely the way to make it happen as quickly as possible, but I don't see why the body couldn't still support muscle growth as long as there is any carb or fat storage left to burn from, and protein intake is high

I guess I can be somewhat of an experiment as I just began intermittent fasting and I will continue to lift for mass. Granted I am content to more or less maintain the level of muscle mass I have, but I will still be pushing for new heights during my workouts. I will also be adding more cardio. The goal for me right now is to get back down to sub 10% bodyfat and maintain it indefinitely

This is not only what I want to hear but also what I agree with. I put on a lot of weight recently, up to 210 lbs from below 190 only 6 weeks ago, luckily body composition means I don't look rotund or anything but I've noticed boating and of course stomach fat.

So eating a lot isn't an option, I'm going below my maintenance keeping protein reasonably high, and mainly want BF% way lower (will decide a goal next week as I'm only back in to working out the last few days). Getting lean is target but if there's muscle growth obviously I'll take it, and I'm pretty confident if I keep in a good routine I'll achieve both, albeit as you say, less growth than eating 5000 cals.

I've started keto again and IF (16 hour fasts, apparently the 22 hours I was doing before isn't optimal).

Also wanting to do more cardio. I'm thinking instead of 5-6 days of doing a workout with HIIT at the end, I might instead do 2-3 days of an hour cardio. I'd still stay with splits instead of full body work outs though, dunno if that'll ever change.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is not only what I want to hear but also what I agree with. I put on a lot of weight recently, up to 210 lbs from below 190 only 6 weeks ago, luckily body composition means I don't look rotund or anything but I've noticed boating and of course stomach fat.

So eating a lot isn't an option, I'm going below my maintenance keeping protein reasonably high, and mainly want BF% way lower (will decide a goal next week as I'm only back in to working out the last few days). Getting lean is target but if there's muscle growth obviously I'll take it, and I'm pretty confident if I keep in a good routine I'll achieve both, albeit as you say, less growth than eating 5000 cals.

I've started keto again and IF (16 hour fasts, apparently the 22 hours I was doing before isn't optimal).

Also wanting to do more cardio. I'm thinking instead of 5-6 days of doing a workout with HIIT at the end, I might instead do 2-3 days of an hour cardio. I'd still stay with splits instead of full body work outs though, dunno if that'll ever change.

I've always struggled finding a way to balance both bodybuilding and the intense cardio I want to be doing and still have sufficient recovery. What I'm going to try to make work I think is something like this, with starting each workout with a short but intense cardio session, followed by a bodybuilding workout:

Day 1:
stationary bike: 5 min warmup, 10 min HIIT with high resistance
Upper body workout

Day 2:
10 min jumprope
Core workout

Day 3:
treadmill: 5 min jog, 10 min HIIT
Leg workout

2 days rest

repeat

Keeping the cardio portion short so I hopefully will have some intensity left in the tank for the strength training. I don't think I really need to be doing long cardio sessions since I'm not training for any sort of competitive event or anything, but even though I'm very focused on developing aesthetics with bodybuilding workouts, I do also want to maintain a good baseline of cardio and functional athleticism. Really hoping this plan works out and also provides sufficient recovery. At the end of the day I'm not a professional athlete, nor am I interested in taking PED's at this time, so I really do need to pick and choose the fitness stuff I can fit in, and I think this plan should give me a decent balance

As far as intermittent fasting I'm trying the 20:4 approach. 3 days into it so far and it seems like a sufficient amount of time to get decent calories without having a large temptation window to overeat

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've always struggled finding a way to balance both bodybuilding and the intense cardio I want to be doing and still have sufficient recovery. What I'm going to try to make work I think is something like this, with starting each workout with a short but intense cardio session, followed by a bodybuilding workout:

Day 1:
stationary bike: 5 min warmup, 10 min HIIT with high resistance
Upper body workout

Day 2:
10 min jumprope
Core workout

Day 3:
treadmill: 5 min jog, 10 min HIIT
Leg workout

2 days rest

repeat

Keeping the cardio portion short so I hopefully will have some intensity left in the tank for the strength training. I don't think I really need to be doing long cardio sessions since I'm not training for any sort of competitive event or anything, but even though I'm very focused on developing aesthetics with bodybuilding workouts, I do also want to maintain a good baseline of cardio and functional athleticism. Really hoping this plan works out and also provides sufficient recovery. At the end of the day I'm not a professional athlete, nor am I interested in taking PED's at this time, so I really do need to pick and choose the fitness stuff I can fit in, and I think this plan should give me a decent balance

As far as intermittent fasting I'm trying the 20:4 approach. 3 days into it so far and it seems like a sufficient amount of time to get decent calories without having a large temptation window to overeat

I used to read a lot more in to this but I've forgotten everything, one of the only things I was dead set on was cardio after weights. And not just because of energy (but that's another factor) but mainly excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (googled that) and I've just known a lot of guys who aren't even interested in improving cardio, but insist even 5mins HIIT as a cardio finisher for body metabolism and muscle growth. They claim this is even more valuable of a reason than burning your energy for pushing weights.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I decided to go nuts on arms-

Day 1- shoulders/traps, biceps, triceps
Day 2- chest, back
Day 3- repeat day 1 (with mainly alternate exercises)
Day 4- chest, legs
Day 5- repeat same exercises Day 1

I'm not sure if this is advisable but I don't see why not. Bi's, tri's and shoulders are small muscles which don't need lots of recovery and possibly can grow quickly.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I decided to go nuts on arms-

Day 1- shoulders/traps, biceps, triceps
Day 2- chest, back
Day 3- repeat day 1 (with mainly alternate exercises)
Day 4- chest, legs
Day 5- repeat same exercises Day 1

I'm not sure if this is advisable but I don't see why not. Bi's, tri's and shoulders are small muscles which don't need lots of recovery and possibly can grow quickly.

Damn bruh you tryna look like this?

B0d95joCAAAakKu.jpg

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you take any supplements for gaining weight? I wonder which are good. I would like to recommend that you check out those from eDrugStore.com for example. Maybe you will find something good and interesting to you there too, good luck!

Last edited:

Likewise

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you take any supplements for gaining weight? I wonder which are good. I would like to recommend that you check out those from eDrugStore.com for example. Maybe you will find something good and interesting to you there too, good luck!
The exercises itself are already a first good step. If you want a better result you should have a special diet or/and to take some supplements. I order growth hormone Hutrope and the result didn't wait long. My body changed for better and i finally like the guy i see in the mirror.

Last edited: