We are screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
Nothing good has come out this year for AA. Discoveries have been amazing for alopecia areata. Kudos to the people who suffer with that. How amazing would it be for something like this to happen with us. But has it, hell no. All I have in my life is looking in the mirror and coming on these websites to check and see if anything has changed. It never changes it is just all speculation and wishful thinking. Just being real and I am just fed up after 4 years of wishful thinking. I cannot take finasteride and minoxidil does not work for me. Sorry everyone to be a downer if you take it that way, but times just suck. I am sick of hearing I have to wait another 10 years to grow my hair back. CB who knows how long that will take and I will be a nw6 by then. AHHHHHH

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
For starters, we should be more unified like alopecia areata sufferers. Stop this damn "You are a NorwoodA, I'm a NorwoodB" contest and start taking action. Let's be more proactive in other forums and start agreeing with logistics on this one.

qerqrqwrqwr

Established Member
Reaction score
There are more than 3 things in the world that combat hair loss.

Sometimes we have to look outside the big 3.

If enough people experiment, we will find the missing piece.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I certainly dont see me having a thick 14yr olds hairline as a result of twice a fay cream application or some immune system interfering drug. Why does it (in 99% most cases)only affect the TOP of our heads?

Why did Tofacitinib work for Alopecia Areata when it only affected the hair on the head and not the whole body?

Your logic is flawed.

Muzzle

Reaction score
I think people should understand the fact that the current hair loss treatments are actually for preventing further hair loss, not regrowing new hair. Even if you regrow new hair you will probably lose these hair in 6-7 years..

So you may regrow some hair but it's not very common and is temporary.

The only permenant solution is stem cell hair multiplication, so we have to wait for the research to be succesful. Maybe we have to wait 1-2 years maybe 50 years who knows

qerqrqwrqwr

Established Member
Reaction score
I think people should understand the fact that the current hair loss treatments are actually for preventing further hair loss, not regrowing new hair. Even if you regrow new hair you will probably lose these hair in 6-7 years..

So you may regrow some hair but it's not very common and is temporary.

The only permenant solution is stem cell hair multiplication, so we have to wait for the research to be succesful. Maybe we have to wait 1-2 years maybe 50 years who knows

I disagree with this too

inbrugge

Reaction score
I feel you, bro. Some days I feel like my hair is completely going to crap and it's all hopeless.

I think the best step is to accept yourself the way you are/will be. Balding is not the end of the world. I love my hair as well and I really dread losing it. But I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for it. This doesn't mean lose all hope, but be prepared for the worst case scenario. Now I'm focused on losing my extra weight and getting fit. If I do lose all my hair at least I will have a fit body.

Then, second step would be to try other alternative treatments. Yeah I lost a lot of hair. But if there was something that allows me to keep what I have, I'm willing to spend some cash even for that. Because I know no matter how much you've lost, there's still more to lose. (Unless you're already NW7). I have started last week with a low dosage of RU and seeing how it goes. I'm also looking into Topical finasteride. I will also consider oral finasteride, but only if these options fail.

Don't depress yourself and don't lose hope. If CB comes through on its promises, that's already a better topical to WORST CASE maintain what you have. And with such an option, you might then have positive effects with minoxidil or other treatments

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel you, bro. Some days I feel like my hair is completely going to crap and it's all hopeless.

I think the best step is to accept yourself the way you are/will be. Balding is not the end of the world. I love my hair as well and I really dread losing it. But I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for it. This doesn't mean lose all hope, but be prepared for the worst case scenario. Now I'm focused on losing my extra weight and getting fit. If I do lose all my hair at least I will have a fit body.

Then, second step would be to try other alternative treatments. Yeah I lost a lot of hair. But if there was something that allows me to keep what I have, I'm willing to spend some cash even for that. Because I know no matter how much you've lost, there's still more to lose. (Unless you're already NW7). I have started last week with a low dosage of RU and seeing how it goes. I'm also looking into Topical finasteride. I will also consider oral finasteride, but only if these options fail.

Don't depress yourself and don't lose hope. If CB comes through on its promises, that's already a better topical to WORST CASE maintain what you have. And with such an option, you might then have positive effects with minoxidil or other treatments

Thank you everyone for your response. It helps to know I am not fighting this alone, but man it is frustrating as you all know. Especially when you have these cats like Cotsarelis saying in 2008 they will have a cure in 5 years, and then in 2012 they will have a pdg2 inhibitor that will stop hairless in 2 years. And CB going with Acne trials first. WTFF. Now all I see is vagueness in the hairloss community. People now are saying ten years with this new technology researchers at Columbia are saying, but it is so complicated do we really expect anything to come out of soon? I know I don't. I can't shave my head I have bumps in it. I would do anything to get a cure or at least something to keep every hair I have. I do not want to accept not having hair. I want hair and I do not see that changing. Peace my friends. Thanks again.

qerqrqwrqwr

Established Member
Reaction score
Let's not forget that hairloss is (unfortunately) a billionaire industry and Im sure every man in the world (even those that didn't yet go bald) would want to see the cure or effective treatment to show up. All those, less the fake hairloss sellers that make a living by selling products that in my opinion dont do anything for the hair, if not worsen the situation. Good to have websites like these but sometimes people don't want to lose time to read and go for what shows up first.

What I have tried
Finasteride - Didnt work
Minoxidil - Havent been for more than a month ( every time I start it, I notice the shedding)
Multivitaminic - I do it because I dont eat properly, (too much meat) but I mention it because when I stop it for some time that kinda reflects on how many hairs I shed but that could be my mind viewing it has a placebo...not sure
Dermaroller & cetirizine- This is the best until now for me, I saw a post here about it and I decided to trie it. My hair got thicker and I even got a comment from my mom like "What did you put on your hair? it looks thicker" I responded "what...err.. how's the weather?" *im super shy to talk about hairloss and I avoid the subject with every person just like someone avoids asking an old lady her age. So I know it wasnt just placebo.

Note: Derma roller was 512 needles 0,5mm but after 2 months use some needles started to bend and I switched to a 192needles 1mm (has an advice from
2young2retire) and I hadnt got that much great results has I had before but that change coincided has well when my cetirizine supply runned out so I just guess both things are needed.

I disagree with this too.

Some companies offer a full refund if you see no results after 90 days or no new growth.

Any company confident in their product should offer this.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
I think too many people here are over skeptical and are not taking enough risks with non-traditional "outside the box" approaches.

There is thinking outside the box...

May be someday 200 yrs from now we discovered that the brain emits a micro bio radio frequency or echolocation like ants or sea mammals , that we never were able to detect , and that it caused the hair on TOP of our heads to lose hair to adapt to a new or old evolutional function/mutation.

...And then there is floating in outer space with a tinfoil hat.

Good science is hypothesis driven---there is no reason to believe your wild, speculative, 'theories'.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
bushbush, why do you wear a hat?

Maybe for the cosmics particles??:::;)

At least this guy is imaginative, years ago farrel talked about sun exposition and hairloss pattern...., moreless the same....

Don't be angry

Status
Not open for further replies.