VERY thin hair/what I use for body/hairpiece advise

Bethany

Reaction score
Hi I'm glad to of found this forum. I am 50 years old and started losing hair after the birth of my first child. With each child (4) its gotten worse to where now it is very see through on the top and sides and it doesn't seem like its going to stop thinning. Often I notice people looking up at my hair when we are talking. Its very embarrassing. I figured thin hair was my lot in life and never tried to find any help/treatment. My grandma was bald when she died and one of my aunts has very thin hair so I figured its genetics.

I have found some hair products that work better than any other I've tried for adding body to my limp hair which is not only thin but fine as well. My hair is so limp that when I put a curling iron to it, it does nothing and just flops down. I have tried just about every product from grocery store to salons that promises thicker hair with more body and "Nick Chavez" hair products from QVC are the only hair products that give my hair body and bounce. Try the "volumizing" shampoo, conditioner, gels and sprays. I bet you will see a difference. I sure did and keep going back to it after trying new products from time to time.

Never-the-less its getting to the point where I can't hide my thinness anymore and need a hairpiece. I want to get a quality human hair hairpiece that looks real not fake. I am willing to pay big bucks to get the quality I am seeking and would appreciate any advise from those of you have gone this route.

Last but not least are their any products out there that can save what is left of my continual thinning hair and is there any connection between obesity and thin hair in women? I am over weight and have noticed alot of obese women have thin hair. Is there any connection with obesity which I think read causes high estrogen stores which causes hair loss???

Thanks for any advise!
Bethany :hairy: (I wish I had this much hair)