Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all,

I found this post on tressless (reddit's forum for hair loss) earlier today. If you look at his pictures, the results are seriously impressive. This guy has never used finasteride, and had previously tried minoxdil for 2 years with no results. For these results, he apparently would use a dermapen on his entire scalp every 7-10 days, and use minoxodil twice a day. Keep in mind he never had results with minoxdil before this. He has posted 2 threads on reddit about his progress and seems pretty legit. Personally I've dermarolled before but only a handful of times - and never with an electronic pen. Might have to reconsider adding this into my regimen after seeing these results.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/...onth_progress_update_minoxidil_and_dermanpen/
https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/9lw8bz/how_to_video_microneedling_with_dermapen/
5b130rtcwqp11.png

After popular request, I’ll summarize the exact procedure you should follow for maximum results. Shoutout to @74775446 who is the person in the above links that started this new hype on dermarolling. I’m basically just repeating his regimen below which I am also following.

1. Purchase an electric needling device such as a Dr. Pen or Derminator. These devices use needling cartridges, which can be used a few times - however I recommend switching the needling cartridge every session, they are very cheap. A dermaroller will also work but it is less effective and a bit harder to use.
2. Before needling, wash your scalp with shampoo. Sanitize the needling cartridge / roller in a basic disinfectant or alcohol, I also run mine under hot water for a minute just to ensure all bacteria and debris is removed.
3. Needle the affected areas accordingly. You should pass each area twice vertically, horizontally, and diagonally for a total of 6 passes. The needling device should be set to 1.5 - 2.0mm. Redness of the skin and even small pin pricks of blood should be visible. Don’t go too hard to where you’re bleeding to the point of it dripping, you could potentially scar your follicles that way.
4. Repeat this procedure every 7-10 days. You need to give your skin time to heal.
5. It is recommended to use minoxidil (rogaine) alongside dermaneedling. Some people are applying minoxidil directly after needling, some wait 24 hours. I personally use it right after needling. You should be applying minoxidil every day at least once a day if you choose to add this in. Starting and stopping minoxidil will likely cause increased shedding if you are not routinely applying it - which is another topic in itself.
6. Yes, it is normal for your scalp to be red / flaky a few days after a session. The redness should not be noticeable after 2 days.

More microneedling results from other users: https://imgur.com/a/9moOBwA

It’s really quite a simple process, no need to overcomplicate or overthink things. If anyone has any other questions that I missed feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll update the FAQ.

Last edited:

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The one thing that makes it suspicious is that he is shilling that dermastamp with an affiliate link sadly.

But yeah incredible results
Yeah that is the one thing that sketched me out, but if you read his post on reddit he tells people to use whatever pen they want and that he just included the link for the one he uses

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
suppose it could be worth trying a derma pen, my stamp is cheap crap.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ve=9325&creativeASIN=B079BBHC3T&linkCode=as2&tag=74775446-20&linkId=e952f6a74602e5bba4536e9629211ad1

View attachment 101376

And if you look closely, some areas with hair on the left pic are the worst on the right pic.
Ah, I see what you’re saying about the affiliate ID. The picture just looks like the spot where the combover is most apparent though. So you’re saying you don’t think these results are real and he’s just a shill? Doesn’t really seem like that from his posts on reddit but you never know.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, I see what you’re saying about the affiliate ID. The picture just looks like the spot where the combover is most apparent though. So you’re saying you don’t think these results are real and he’s just a shill? Doesn’t really seem like that from his posts on reddit but you never know.

That's true. I don't know. It's too good to be true especially if he used minoxidil in the past without any results. But on the other hand, there's Somebody on this forum with almost the same story... And both are selling something.

He also linked 3 or 4 products (not just the one he uses, and the one he uses is, of course, the most expensive lol ) and all with affiliate links. He certainly has some monetary incentive doing this.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way guys, he also acknowledged that he used affiliate links to get a cut - he said he already had an amazon store and it would be dumb not to get a kickback when showing people what kinds to use. He also stated that you can get them for much cheaper on Wish.com

I’m probably gonna give this a 6 month trial if I don’t see results with liposomal finasteride soon. This guys the real deal.

justlol@you

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hes not a shill, its amazing to me how many people have been here so long but have short term memories

dermarolling f*****g works. the problem is it is uncomfortable so people never stick with it. Remember the "community trial"? Only ONE person stuck with it for over a year, and he had fantastic results, butterfly or whatever the f*** his name was. Everyone else dropped off in a matter of weeks, never, ever believe the sh*t that comes out of peoples mouths here about how theyd do "anything" to cure to their hairloss, they demonstrably wouldn't. This is not surprising giving the overrepresentation of NEETs we have here. If its more involved or discomforting than taking a pill or smearing sh*t on your scalp, they wont stick with it. Guaranfuckingteed.

If i didn't find the side effects of minoxidil to be so pernicious this is exactly what Id be doing.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, his responses in both threads seem legitimate. I've been dermarolling, but not doing like he's been doing it. Maybe it's time to take the plunge, stop being a cheap *** with these $3 rollers, and get a real pen.

iSlapBitches

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermarolling is very legit. I did not believe it at first because i didn't understand it. I bought a dermaroller and that worked good. Then I got a derminator. Holy f***. It works amazing and I still don't quite understand how. It definitely works though and should be in everyone's regimen.

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been able to wound so much more effectively since using a dermpen compared to a roller. Everyone should use one over a roller. No results yet though. I’ve lot ground since starting rolling 6 months ago (does anyone know if it takes longer for results?) but only used the pen 3 times.
From watching this vid - I’m going to go more intense.