Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Kirby 64

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, is anyone still microneedling?

I tried it literally a decade ago, when Squeegee and Princess Rambo and co were popularising it… didn’t get any results, BUT I assume we know the formula better now, and admittedly only did it for 4 months, which mightn’t have been long enough…

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, is anyone still microneedling?

I tried it literally a decade ago, when Squeegee and Princess Rambo and co were popularising it… didn’t get any results, BUT I assume we know the formula better now, and admittedly only did it for 4 months, which mightn’t have been long enough…
Did you try with minoxidil, or just on its own? Many have success when combined with minoxidil.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone mentioned the betadine connection with dermarolling and it seems by researching the post some of the best results including the studies had applying betadine before dermarolling
Also looking at all the studies with white iodine including anecdotal for hair regrowth,
Could this be the missing link we are not considering enough?
I will be starting applying betadine liberally before dermarolling now and we will see
I found this post on Reddit, from a student of the professor behind the Indian study that used Betadine prior to needling that seems to support this thought:

- https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/s/egguRikUGY

Here is a quote from that post:

"I have been a student of professor Sukesh, who was actually a co-author of the study: A Randomized Evaluator Blinded Study of Effect of Microneedling in Androgenetic Alopecia: A Pilot Study (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/) that you all know about, as I've read a lot on microneedling posts on this sub in the last few hours.

One thing I would like to add to some of you guys not having the desired or expected results when microneedling and everyone else can boost your results using something that you guys seem to have neglected on the study. Actually it was also neglected on the conclusion and discussion of the study but as I talked to professor Sukesh he told me that betadine played a big role on the outcome and that he was thinking of making an editorial note on that subject. This was 3 years ago, and I don't believe he ever wrote an editor's note on that subject. Anyaways, betadine is much better than alchohol that dries the scalp and facilitates P. acne growth, increasing inflamation, thus leading to more DHT on the follicules, and it is better than saline because of its tissue regeneration capability.

So, my advice and personal routine, is that you should use betadine ( Povidone-iodine ) prior to microneedling. First it will sterelize your scalp preventing infections, and it has some effect on scalp microbiome as it can reduce the amount of P. acne, and reduce the DHT excess build up in follicules by reducing a small amount of the inflamation caused by P. acnes, but the most important is that it contains potassium iodite wich can help the recovery time and also boost minoxidil action as it acts by opening potassium channels."

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a way to see all of the posts in this thread where people have posted pictures without having to search each page manually? Very hard to see the forest from the trees.

Perhaps I should get a webscraper extension.
Let me know if you figure out a way!

Lil_Ribeye

My Regimen
Reaction score
There may be some truth to this!.....I was using fine needles...almost like dental picks to scrape the old dried minoxidil off my scalp.....sort of stimulating the skin and making it better for the minoxidil to absorb into it. then I would shampoo it.....then dry it....then apply new minoxidil. Doing for a month I got incredible results!...no BS! Then after about 2 months....the results weren't so good.....but I believed it to be a bad batch of minoxidil. For some reason....I've not been able to quite capture that magic. But there may be something to making your scalp more absorbent ready.

Ray's Stance

Reaction score
Here's a before and after for me quite a few years on. I have a Dr pen dermapen which I use at 1.75mm once or twice a week normally Tuesday and Sunday (not always twice a week). I also have a stamp at 1.5mm which I very lightly press on before I apply Kirkland minoxidil liquid 5% every other day. I have used Finisterde twice in the past but both times brought on sides that I wasn't willing to put up with long time. First was pill for over 6 months then a few years back topical from hims which I used for 6 weeks and got similar sides. Here is my hair from nearly 10 years ago and today. ( Sorry the previous ones are smaller, I just screen shotted them from my previous posts, so you should be able to find original. I also had my hair dyed black on the previous smaller pics- I'm naturally brown dark brown.) I know I have my hair in a comb over style but can you see any improvements? I use dermmatch and hair fibres and honestly it looks great when I do (obviously not on these pics), I just wish I could go swimming or be more adventurous without worrying about it looking like Sh1t. Cheers, hope you are all doing ok.1st and 2nd are from nearlyb10 years ago. Last one is today.
I don't know what it is but I'm scared to get a hair transplant. I have thought about shaving and possibly getting an SMP.

Attachments

• IMG_20240417_141901.jpg
    IMG_20240417_141901.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20240417_141833.jpg
    IMG_20240417_141833.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20240417_141230.jpg
    IMG_20240417_141230.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 102

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're about on the same level, buddy. My advice is to do Dr Pen once a week, no more. I had a bad experience with twice a week, I thought I would maximize the results, but no, it got worse. My skin didn't have time to recover and the constant inflammation caused my hair to regress.
Do once a week or 10 days.

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a before and after for me quite a few years on. I have a Dr pen dermapen which I use at 1.75mm once or twice a week normally Tuesday and Sunday (not always twice a week). I also have a stamp at 1.5mm which I very lightly press on before I apply Kirkland minoxidil liquid 5% every other day. I have used Finisterde twice in the past but both times brought on sides that I wasn't willing to put up with long time. First was pill for over 6 months then a few years back topical from hims which I used for 6 weeks and got similar sides. Here is my hair from nearly 10 years ago and today. ( Sorry the previous ones are smaller, I just screen shotted them from my previous posts, so you should be able to find original. I also had my hair dyed black on the previous smaller pics- I'm naturally brown dark brown.) I know I have my hair in a comb over style but can you see any improvements? I use dermmatch and hair fibres and honestly it looks great when I do (obviously not on these pics), I just wish I could go swimming or be more adventurous without worrying about it looking like Sh1t. Cheers, hope you are all doing ok.1st and 2nd are from nearlyb10 years ago. Last one is today.
I don't know what it is but I'm scared to get a hair transplant. I have thought about shaving and possibly getting an SMP.
Might be some improvement but not cosmetically significant. hair transplant if you are a candidate might be best option.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

That combover is painful to see. If it's that bad in those picture conditions then I can only imagine how it looks in harsh sunlight.

If that's really your daily style then you should probably do something different. Either get more aggressive about disguising the loss (transplants, hairpieces, concealers, etc) or cut it shorter and wear the hair loss more openly.

As for transplants, I wouldn't suggest it. You have a pretty big loss pattern. If you spent your whole donor supply with 2-3 big surgeries then you could recreate a good frontal area with a Norwood 2-3 shape. But you would still probably need to leave the crown looking somewhat thinned.

Trying to hide major crown loss with transplants is a losing battle. The area of balding skin is even bigger than it looks in flat photos because your head is convex shaped back there.

Ray's Stance

Reaction score
Like I said, I live in dermmatch. When my scalp is darker it just looks a million times better. Pic attached with it in. I usually apply that dry (dermmatch dry) then mess about with it (my hair), and then use some hair fibres and strong hair spray for a messy side parting type style. This pic is not styled and to show the same "real estate" if you like.. It takes me ten mins. This was later on that day after applying dermmatch in the harshest lighting I have. I'm essentially a self imposed hat prisoner without it. I didn't even really check it too much in the mirror etc. when I took that pic as I wasn't going anywhere that night. I normally check it. a lot. I really appreciate the feedback. I thought it was interesting that from the previous pics, some of my hair is slightly different to nearly 10 years ago, obviously the first two small pics were when I had dyed it ( I used concealers back then, just not on any of those pics to show my loss) . Plus theres little stubby hairs that the camera dosent pick up that I can feel now. My donor areas are strong, but I was even thinking of smp. I honestly think microneedling is helping although obviously it's not spectacular.. my pale scalp is the dead give away. Everytime I microneedle, my scalp obviously has more colour and it looks and feels and styles better. I see little hairs sticking up like unruly at times.. I wonder if I shaved it would, would it look ok? or if I shaved and got SMP, and then maybe even grew it out with the SMP later and used a little concealer. I dunno. I'm just starting to get down about having to faff all the time. I've seen some fantastic results on here and Reddit with SMP and hair transplant. Thanks. Oh yeah, it looks like absolute sh*t, when minoxidil is slathered on. So much that I have started to use a blow-dryer 10 mins after. I genuinely think the heat is helping it absorb in. Article link here and a screenshot as to why I have started doing that. Plus it makes the minor a bazillion times easier to use.

Attachments

• IMG_20240422_200734.jpg
    IMG_20240422_200734.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_2024-04-22-20-27-47-956_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-22-20-27-47-956_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 25

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I said, I live in dermmatch. When my scalp is darker it just looks a million times better. Pic attached with it in. I usually apply that dry (dermmatch dry) then mess about with it (my hair), and then use some hair fibres and strong hair spray for a messy side parting type style. This pic is not styled and to show the same "real estate" if you like.. It takes me ten mins. This was later on that day after applying dermmatch in the harshest lighting I have. I'm essentially a self imposed hat prisoner without it. I didn't even really check it too much in the mirror etc. when I took that pic as I wasn't going anywhere that night. I normally check it. a lot. I really appreciate the feedback. I thought it was interesting that from the previous pics, some of my hair is slightly different to nearly 10 years ago, obviously the first two small pics were when I had dyed it ( I used concealers back then, just not on any of those pics to show my loss) . Plus theres little stubby hairs that the camera dosent pick up that I can feel now. My donor areas are strong, but I was even thinking of smp. I honestly think microneedling is helping although obviously it's not spectacular.. my pale scalp is the dead give away. Everytime I microneedle, my scalp obviously has more colour and it looks and feels and styles better. I see little hairs sticking up like unruly at times.. I wonder if I shaved it would, would it look ok? or if I shaved and got SMP, and then maybe even grew it out with the SMP later and used a little concealer. I dunno. I'm just starting to get down about having to faff all the time. I've seen some fantastic results on here and Reddit with SMP and hair transplant. Thanks. Oh yeah, it looks like absolute sh*t, when minoxidil is slathered on. So much that I have started to use a blow-dryer 10 mins after. I genuinely think the heat is helping it absorb in. Article link here and a screenshot as to why I have started doing that. Plus it makes the minor a bazillion times easier to use.

Huge difference.