Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
ETA is extremely long. It took my replacement unit 3 months to arrive. I think the situation is better now though as things seems to be moving again. To my knowledge you can only buy direct from them.

EDIT:if you are considering a temporary unit just get a cheaper model on eBay and use it for 5-6 sessions till the D2 arrives. Most importantly try to adjust and follow consistently the Follica protocol that for some reason many folks seem to have a hard time grocking and sticking to.

Last edited:

RB1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ETA is extremely long. It took my replacement unit 3 months to arrive. I think the situation is better now though as things seems to be moving again. To my knowledge you can only buy direct from them.

EDIT:if you are considering a temporary unit just get a cheaper model on eBay and use it for 5-6 sessions till the D2 arrives. Most importantly try to adjust and follow consistently the Follica protocol that for some reason many folks seem to have a hard time grocking and sticking to.
should i not just get the dr pen on amazon (link above). get it by june 19th....

RB1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
man, thanks for that link! is it a guarantee that this is an authentic dr pen? i was reading on the dr pen site that there are fake dr pens on the market. not sure if they meant ebay etc.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fake as in made in China vs made in Germany? :)

The Amazon link you provided is from a 3rd party store. So I guess there is no guarantee there either. Both Amazon & eBay offer buyers protection though if that can provide you a piece of mind. You just need something temporary so I wouldn't sweat it.

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed many of the good results reported here are near the crown or with diffuse thinners. How have people responded on their temples?

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless you are a certified dermatologist, you will never be able to get the device separately.The company's businesses model is not to make money selling devices but services.

What we really need is the Derminator inventor to deliver a 120Hz model.

Thanks for your response ;)

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like the D2 even if it takes longer per session. I used a Dr Pen at ,1.25mm with new needle and fastest setting. I couldn't feel anything. I then switched to my D2 and at 1mm I could really feel the burns on my skin.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was merely remarking that between the two I can't get this "sunburn effect"with a dr pen a7 set at the same depth as a the D2 even when the dr pen is using new needle and fresh battery. That's a bit disappointing and if I can get the redness on skin with D2 then it's a better choice for me. Worth the try if you are curious.

Mr.Sprinkles79

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys check your pens. I started needling/minoxidil foam with a Dr. Pen A7 jan 2019. I saw cosmetic improvement at about 60 days. I switched to liquid minoxidil at 60 days. From the start i felt the effects of the minoxidil pretty hard. Face was bloated body aches ect. After switching i didnt notice the sides nearly as much. Also I didnt seem to bleed or have a sore scalp or peel like when i started. At about 5 months I started to lose alot of vellus hair. Alot. I had pretty big problems in life at that point so it was something i couldnt worry about. Lost probably 60% of my gains. I thought maybe my skin was becoming scarred from the needling. It also didnt seem to hurt nearly as much. It felt like my pen was just banging my scalp.

I bought a new pen last week. A M8 with the new 16 needle cartridge. Hurt like a b**ch and bled. I think these pens wear out, i remember a few ppl saying they didnt bleed as much atfer a few months. The A7 seems like a high quality device. Its heavier than the M8 and has a faster speed. But the A7 just dosent wound anymore. New tips didnt make a difference.

heres the link to the ebay seller i got both pens from. My only concern with this seller was the fact this listing was about $30-40 bucks cheaper than other suppliers in the US and amazon. I hope its not a knock off or something.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Auto-Stamp-Dr-Pen-M8-W-Rechargeable-Wireless-Microneedle-Cartridge-Tips/254542254493?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Scalp already feels better. I'm only going to use foam from now on, liquid just seems to harsh.

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't need 120 hz to create hair, only the depth matters.You need to wound and apply minoxidil on the wound, period. It's nothing new, it's just an optimisation of what we already have.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not true at all. According to Follica density is more important than depth, and that is consistent with the quorum sensing study.
Pretty sure he just meant that the frequency doesn't matter as long as you end up with the same wounding, poor choice of words