Verteporfin drug induced scarless healing with new hair follicles on mice. This new founding can be really big

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Every scientist wants to hype their findings so they can get more funding. Always take it with a grain of salt

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You do that on a human and you get a perfect rectangle of nothing but scar tissue.
You really don’t if there is mechanical stretching. Look at FUT scars.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FUTs are stitched up
There’s a reason for it. To not get stretches. There’s always tension. In these pigs there’s a lot of it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s a reason for it. To not get stretches. There’s always tension. In these pigs there’s a lot of it.
I'm going to say this one more time because I care about you bro. You gotta stop coping. It's not healthy. Maybe we can do an intervention for you on discord

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to say this one more time because I care about you bro. You gotta stop coping. It's not healthy. Maybe we can do an intervention for you on discord
Haha bro lmao <3

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
They were much bigger excisions than what's remaining bald
I think that may be due to the wound being deeper in some areas. There is a diagram of the wounds and the outer layer doesn't go into the dermis it seems. Maybe that's why there is some regrowth around the border?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that may be due to the wound being deeper in some areas. There is a diagram of the wounds and the outer layer doesn't go into the dermis it seems. Maybe that's why there is some regrowth around the border?
Massive cope

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210917-080930_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20210917-080930_Brave.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 42

-specter-

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe that at this point the only answer can come by testing the procedure on humans and seeing what happens. I have enough faith in this theory because as I said in the past I know of people who have been "treated" with herbal concoctions in Sardinia who have experienced healing from burns and wounds with a lot of hair regrowth. Now we have never managed to deal with it with the pharmaceutical companies, but if a farmer in a remote place has succeeded, I do not see why the product of serious scientific research cannot work.

surfer9

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I assume this will potentially help regrow extracted follicles/hairs.... correct?

We are not hoping we can wound a NW6 bald head, inject this drug and see healing and regrowth of a head of hair, are we?....

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK so I read through the study. It's a dud guys. The depth of the wounds are .07 inches ~ 1.75mm and an FUT is much deeper as terminal hairs tend to go about 7mm deep. So I doubt this is going to regenerate terminal hairs but possibly velius hairs? Either way it isn't an answer to unlimited donor supply.