Using 5% Xandrox - would 15% be better??

hyperseer

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a diffuse thinner and have been using 5% Xandrox (twice a day) and 5% Spirolocotne (once at night) from Dr.Lee since March.... I am generally pleased with the results, but I woule like more, especially on the front of the scalp. Since I am already going through the trouble of applying minoxidil twice a day, wouldn't it make sense to use the strongest minoxidil solution available, namely the 15%?? Or are there counter-benefits to using the stronger Minoxidil?

There are times when I can't or forget to apply the Xandrox in the morning... wouldn't it be better then to apply the 15% if I am only doing it at night? If doing a twice a day regimine, is 15% both times a day ok?

Thanks in advance.

dan65

Reaction score
I have no personal experience with Xandrox, I just use reg minoxidil 5% twice a day for temples and once a day for crown. In my opinion you might want to hold off on using the 15% if you are having good results with 5%. But its up to you. I do think they say to only use Xandrox 15% once a day and use 5% the in morning. My view with minoxidil stuff is that I am content with where I am now and I am going to very slowly increase minoxidil % to try and get the longest possible effective run out of it until HM becomes available. but its up to you. on another note how do you feel the spironolactone has been, do you think it has helped slow your loss?

geehair

Reaction score
I have used 5% Minoxidil from variouse companies for 5 years now and recently tried xandrox 12 & 15 % for 4 months. At first I was really pleased as my hair started to grow back new hairs to the original hair line. I became anxiose though when I noticed that some of the old hair had started to shed. I am going to restart applying 15 % and see if all of the hairs grow back as since I stopped for 2 months all the new hair has really grown thicjk and sting with just the 5 %.