Use of finasteride after HM

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
I´m a bit confused by this doubt i have.

Imagine that HM works and we all get full heads of hair again...then our baldness gene keeps beating our hair follicles again.

Will HM avoid this and the hair you grow will resist DHT therefore you keep your hair for alot of years (or even forever :D) or do you still need to keep using finasteride or other chemicals?

antonio666

Reaction score
no the hair will be taken from DHT RESISTANT AREA much like a modern transplant and will last as long has the hair from the back of your head would last ,probably til you die,thus no need for propecia or dutas

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
antonio666 said:
no the hair will be taken from DHT RESISTANT AREA much like a modern transplant and will last as long has the hair from the back of your head would last ,probably til you die,thus no need for propecia or dutas

Exactly. I think the cells injected into the bald or thinning areas bring some genes into the hair to make it DHT resistant.

That's a nice avatar FabioM.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, it seems HM will wipe the bald gene out.

DaSand if i´m going bald i would like to look like this guy.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the hairs would apply the dht resistant parts of the DP cells to the current hairs. Your avatar is nice because I think that's what I would look like when I shave my head.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
SUPPOSELY your new hair from HM will have a great DHT resistance like the hair on the back of your head.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'll be surprised if they don't encourage us to take Propecia after the HM procedure.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
flimflam said:
i'll be surprised if they don't encourage us to take Propecia after the HM procedure.

Why?

The whole point of HM is to create clones for the hair that has the highest DHT resistence. I am sure almost all of us have healthy thick hair at the back of our heads.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you think they will offer a money back guarantee??

I hope Bosley isn't the only company licensed to offer HM when it does finally become available.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:

Two reasons:

1) Because unless you're an NW7 or they rip out all your existing crown hair, you're still going to have hair on your head that's susceptible to DHT, in amongst the new clones.

and

2) Gut feeling:

Yeah, I get the whole using-non-dht-sensitive-hair thing, but the technique they're using induces new follicle growth right? They're not cloning follicles, but injecting something that develops them. What I'm thinking, and this is pure ignorant speculation, is that when you were a baby and those follicles originally developed - they had a distaste for DHT. And they of course died. And surely, these new follicles will take on characteristics of their new environment - for example: the hair "direction" debate. So what's to stop it from developing a DHT sensitivity again? Hopefully something!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
flimflam said:
RaginDemon said:

Two reasons:

1) Because unless you're an NW7 or they rip out all your existing crown hair, you're still going to have hair on your head that's susceptible to DHT, in amongst the new clones.

and

2) Gut feeling:

Yeah, I get the whole using-non-dht-sensitive-hair thing, but the technique they're using induces new follicle growth right? They're not cloning follicles, but injecting something that develops them. What I'm thinking, and this is pure ignorant speculation, is that when you were a baby and those follicles originally developed - they had a distaste for DHT. And they of course died. And surely, these new follicles will take on characteristics of their new environment - for example: the hair "direction" debate. So what's to stop it from developing a DHT sensitivity again? Hopefully something!

I guess it's still not a perfect fix.

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
wouldnt the new follicles that develop...

technically be able to last as if we had been born again and our hair was growing all over again, therefore meaning at worst we'd maybe lose the hairs in 20 years or so again, the same rough span it took for them to die now. or is the head as an adult like a superhighway for hair killers, whereas when u were younger u had less chance of your hair dying because of the dht in that area? so therefore it would be like putting more hair in just so it can die?

sam

(i admit i know nothing) just wanted to get involved...

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
good point sammo ..

hmm, not sure. I guess DHT levels ramp up when you hit puberty, so i would guess those new hairs would have the same time between puberty and the beginnings of the original hair loss.