Update with pics. How long before transplant?

stormshadow

Reaction score
LINK: http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/suf ... ossPwnsJoo
Check dates to see which ones are new. All shots were taken with flash, my hair was dry.

My hair was shorter in the older pics. Anyway,
Treatments are: Nizoral, Biotin (3000mg a day), OneADAY mutli-vit, exercise and lots of water.

My temples are thinning still, top is a little. But for now, you cant tell. I am SERIOUSLY asking everyone. How long away am I from needing a transplant? I turn 24 next month. I figure at least another year I should be ok right?
Thanks

Cassin

Reaction score
stormshadow said:
Check dates to see which ones are new. All shots were taken with flash, my hair was dry.

Treatments are: Nizoral, Biotin (3000mg a day), OneADAY mutli-vit, exercise and lots of water.

My temples are thinning still, top is a little. But for now, you cant tell. I am SERIOUSLY asking everyone. How long away am I from needing a transplant? I turn 24 next month. I figure at least another year I should be ok right?
Thanks

Your hair looks great! Are you serious? You are already considering an hair transplant? Hop on Propecia man! You are years away from an hair transplant. The route you are going right now is doomed to fail if you don't start some sort of Anti-DHT treatment if you don't want to start Propecia. Best of luck, you caught this very early. I wouldn't even be able to tell you are balding had you not posted here.

G

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! You have way too much hair to even be thinkgin about a hair transplant right now. Use propecia now. And there is still minoxidil also. You have to be pretty much bald to even consider a hair transplant.

stormshadow

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just want to be sure. I know a hair transplant is somewhere in the future for me, just dont know when. The positive thing is that my donor area is VERY thick (genetic, a lot of asians have thick hair in the back area)

Like I said, I'll be 24 in a month. Just trying to gauge when a transplant would be in order.
Thanks again guys. I was expecting flames on how I'm not losing hair or something.

THOR

Reaction score
stormshadow said:

Thanks

Wtf.....I get scared when I see sh*t like this....is this what is considered balding nowadays??
Storm, I'm not trying to be an *** here, but you have really good hair, it's even possible that you don't suffer from male pattern baldness. At your age (24) most male hairline morphs into a more mature shape. Have you seen a doctor yet?? //Thor

stormshadow

Reaction score
THOR said:
stormshadow said:

Thanks

Wtf.....I get scared when I see sh*t like this....is this what is considered balding nowadays??
Storm, I'm not trying to be an *** here, but you have really good hair, it's even possible that you don't suffer from male pattern baldness. At your age (24) most male hairline morphs into a more mature shape. Have you seen a doctor yet?? //Thor

Yea, had 2 thyroid tests. All were ok. I definitely am thinning a little. I guess I'm lucky it's slow. The longerhair hides it better as you can see from the later pics

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems like everytime people post pictures they have thickest most lucious hair. I would say not only is it not visible that your balding, but I would consider you to have great hair.
If I posted my pictures I would get torn apart next to someone like you.

What makes you think that your balding compared to experiencing natural recession that is common around your age?

stormshadow

Reaction score
Kramer3 said:
It seems like everytime people post pictures they have thickest most lucious hair. I would say not only is it not visible that your balding, but I would consider you to have great hair.

What makes you think that your balding compared to experiencing natural recession that is common around your age?

Im getting thin on the top/front area and my temples. It looks worst in the november pictures as my hair was shorter then.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
actuall the shorter hair looked better but thats besides the point.....An hair transplant is crazy talk for you at this point, start taking propecia as recommended by your doctor. I hope no onewould perform an hair transplant on you in ayear, you still have a ton of hair...hop on propecia and you should be good for a long while

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
hey man,

your hairloss is similar like mine....

I am asian chinese too... from south east asia...

i would recommend:-

propecia/folligen/t-flav

where are you from?

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sexy hair guy :)

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
hair looks fine. i do not know he rate of fallout or the length of time you've been thinning, so I can't really predict.

Doesn't even look like you're losing it, but you know best.

Mad Woes

Reaction score
stormshadow said:
(genetic, a lot of asians have thick hair in the back area)

A lot of asians also worry too much about being perfect! :) Your hair looks fine man. Take some propecia if it makes you feel better.

MW

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score

So true. I WISH I had hair like the majority of guys on this hairloss site, I really don't know what they are talking about half the time. I think I have only seen two members posting pics with hairloss as bad as mine :cry:

And just took another look at your pics...in response to the pic title "notice the thinning temples?", no, I do not notice the thinning temples, your hair looks thick. If you want to see what actual thinning temples are take a look at my pics

stormshadow

Reaction score
Andrew said:
hey man,

your hairloss is similar like mine....

I am asian chinese too... from south east asia...

i would recommend:-

propecia/folligen/t-flav

where are you from?

I'm filipino+chinese on my dad's side. My mom is from Ireland. I was born here in the US. I'm not sure about propecia. sh*t scares me

Axon

Reaction score
Minimal to no hairloss. You will probably never need a transplant. Don't be so hard on yourself.

stormshadow

Reaction score
forgot to add:

my dad is 55 and has mostly a full head of hair. He is thinning on top a little and on his temples. But for the most part, he has FULL coverage. My hair thinning looks to be taking on a similar pattern to his.

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
For F*cks sake this is ridiculous. Sometimes I feel that I don;t post my pics because I still have quite a lot of hair, but sh*t at least when I pull it back you can clearly see the male pattern baldness beast.

You need a F*cking reality check, or a brain transplant, not a hair transplant. Not in one of those pics do I really even see a hint of male pattern baldness. No crown loss, no recession wtf you retard.

Guys when do you think I'll need a translplant. YOu know what I never would ever wish baldness upon anyone, but I hope to F*cking hell you start really balding, so it can gove you something legtimate to show. And then maybe you really have to consider an hair transplant, instead of asking us in tougue and cheek.

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly :lol: