Update from VoRteX (PICS added)

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, my regimen for the last couple months has been simply:

minoxidil 5% am
folligen spray(applied to scalp with dropper) and spironolactone in pm
dr. lee's nizoral 2x/week
saw palmetto 160mg/day (yeah I know, might as well finish bottle :? )
multivitamin
green tea/grape seed/redwine (I really believe in these supplements not neccessarily for hairloss but for overall well being!
mega men

I've also been continuing on my hardcore fitness regimen. I've lost a total of 90lbs since last year and my fitness level is progressing nicely!

I must say about the folligen.. It may not be a miracle cure by itself, but I have definitely noticed a reduction in daily shedding with this stuff(not subjective) I think this stuff really works. It may not grow craploads, but if it can reduce shedding, then it must be doing something.

If I can maintain what i have using my current regimen, I'll be happy. Hair has been holding nicely doing this and havent had propecia in months

peace

G

Glad things are going well for you. 90 lbs is very impressive. Must of changed the way you look dramatically. I remember reading a post from you a couple months ago and you where pretty depressed. Glad you are happy now =)

Gl with everything.

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
Decided to add pics to this post. You can see my hair as well as my fitness progression :shock:
Before: Pic from a work ID at my fattest

attachment.php

After pics (current)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yeah, you could say I'm a whole new person. I wasnt always as fat as my before pic, I gained all that weight over a 3 year period when I was depressed(long story) This just goes to show you that hair isnt everything and that its best to focus on things you CAN control.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Vortex:

Your pictures didnt seem to show up.. I wonder if that's just for me.. I know that i've tried to look at other pictures like Bombscienes and they don't work. Anyone else unable to see them?

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
they are linked from another site, but they show up fine for me....

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
hrm, I see that fitness site has blocked the external linking..darn.. I'll see what I can do.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I can see them clearly now.
You've certaintly undergone a dramatic change. Your hair looks great too.
lol you should try to crack a smile or two in those pictures.
You look intense in the last two.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Great job Vortex.

Very impressive.

You're to the point now that you have enough mass, that you literally could, if you wanted to, possibly pull off the shaved head look. 90% of guys can't pull that look off because their body does not complement it, but you have got some great size going, and if worse comes to worse, you could still attract the women even with a shaved head.

Congratulations on taking a full spectrum approach to improving your appearance. It has officially added another very rare option for you that most guys don't have.

HairLossTalk.com

Cassin

Reaction score
This is truly inspirational!

A few questions

before

1 what was your weight?
2 what was your average everyday diet?
3 how much did you sleep?
4 any supps?
5 how do you feel?
6 what was your motivation?

After

1 what is your weight?
2 what is your average everyday diet?
3 how much sleep do you get?
4 what supps are you on now?
5 how do you feel now?
6 what is your motivation?

Congratulations man!

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
You really have changed into a new person, its awsome to see someone putting in the time and effort for a positive change. Great stuff man, keep up the good work.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
Great Job !

Way to go dude...as a fellow fitness buff (and shaved head dude myself) I congratulate you. You look like you have turned things around..your hair looks fine.

Crack a smile and cut down some of the hair bulk, wear it a bit shorter all over.

Good job!

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
holy crap, dude I ahve you some serious props. Good job on everything and good luck! :)

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I started 1 year ago. My starting weight weight was 310lbs. The first 30lbs I lost by doing Atkins and walking 30minutes/day. My fitness was horrendous but I stuck to it. I gradually worked up to doing treadmill running/walking and elliptical machine. I added in a basic weight routine. As my fitness improved I joined a gym and progressed to a 3 day weight split and more intense cardio. I started counting my calories via http://www.fitday.com Atkins was great at first but doing low carb only gets you so far and at some point you have to count calories. I get at least 1gram protein/lb bodyweight every day. I eat approximately 10-12x/bodyweight in calories (2000-2300)daily with 1 cheat day a week where I may hit 4000 calories. I still limit my carbs, but not strictly.

At this point, I weigh around 215. My goal bodyfat is around 15% which I think I'll reach at around 190lbs. I'm 5'10.5". I can run 4miles relatively effortlessly. My resting heart rate is 57. I'm now doing High Intensity Interval Training to change up my cardio.

I took a bunch of different supplements, but nothing really does much except protein, green tea, and ephedra. Ephedra isnt a magic pill but it does help with appetite suppression and energy. I dont think you should take it for extended periods of time. NOTHING works better than limiting your cals, eating clean foods, and training with intensity. I also try not to eat late at night.

Guess thats about it. Any other questions I'll be glad to answer.

G

Hair looks O.K.

But your face and body difference is un real.

One question.

Why not smile? :evil: -> :)

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
Jesus man, it looked like a bee stung you in the first picture. Not much hairloss to talk about unless you have some crown loss.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Yeah you can see he's a bit thin on top in the "big" picture... its definitely not a 15 year old density ...

in the closeup of the face picture "after" losing weight though, I can see a rather high forehead... which is probably what he's working on reversing or at least maintaining.

Gotta remember, people judge their current state on how they used to look. He may have looked like eddie munster hair-wise before :) (low hairline, widows peak, etc)

HairLossTalk.com

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
My hairline is basically the same in both pics, in the fat one my hair is just "mussed" in the front.

I've always had a five-head and a high hairline. It has moved back since male pattern baldness started, but I'm not sure how much. I'm a diffuse top thinner so the hairline isnt a focal point of my loss. After looking at a pic in high school I'd say its maybe moved 1/4-1/2 inch. Of course, when you already have a big, high forhead, a small amount of recession is enough to make a big difference

I havent seen any "new" growth on my hairline for the duration of my regimen, but I also havent seen any definite worsening either.