unwanted hair

jimjohn

Established Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering if someone uses minoxidil and gets unwanted hair growth in other areas of the body. once he stops using minoxidil, will this hair go away or will it stay. thanks.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I created a topic like this before. Thicked facial hair like eyebrows is what I experienced. I also wondered this but I dont know when or if im going to stop minoxidil. :hairy:

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
same happend to me......really thick beard, eyebrows, and general body hair. i was starting to look like a caveman

i've been off minoxidil for about 6 weeks and my body hair and eyebrows have thinned out to almost where they were before. but my beard is still really thick. im hoping in a few more weeks it will go back to normal

jimjohn

Established Member
Reaction score
hey kosmo, just wondering why u eventually got off minoxidil. was it the unwanted growth or were there other sides. and how has ur hair loss done since u got off. thanks.

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
jimjohn said:
hey kosmo, just wondering why u eventually got off minoxidil. was it the unwanted growth or were there other sides. and how has ur hair loss done since u got off. thanks.

i had quite a few sides from minoxidil. it made my scalp very irritated and dry and i could never seem to get it under control. it also caused alot of unwanted hair, most noticably the thickness of my facial hair which made it impossible for me to get a good shave. it also seemed to make my skin very greasy which made the acne i was getting from propecia significantly worse.

i had a slight initial shed when i started minoxidil and have had a massive shed since stopping. the shedding doesnt seem to have stopped yet and my hair looks terrible right now, especially my hairline and temples.

it seems i am really sensitive to all these hair loss treatments and have not been having good success with anything.

Mr Wabbit

Reaction score
Hi Kosmo do you think the shed from stopping the minoxidil is just the hairs which the minoxidil grew or even more hair? my point being really is do you think starting minoxidil then stopping it has cost you more hair then never starting it in the first place?

Thanks

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
mr wabbit, i did start to see some growth with minoxidil on my hairline and temples, but i had to stop after about 3 months of using it. so the hairs i did grow were very short and didnt make my hair look any thicker.

since stopping i lost all the hairs that started to grow plus alot more from the rest of my head. i have diffuse thinning so i used minoxidil all over and the shed seems to be from everywhere. i would have been better off not using minoxidil but i didnt know i would have bad side effects with it.

most people seem to be able to tolerate minoxidil. i just have bad luck i guess.

so, yes i do think starting and stopping minoxidil has cost me more hair. and messing with my routine may be why i havent seen results with propecia.