Unwanted hair

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ever since I started minoxidil Ive seen terminal hairs pop up in my temples. Unfortunately, my eyebrows have gotten noticeably thicker and I am growing hairs where I dont wan't them to grow. Only I can see them up close but will it get worse? Has any1 had a problem with this? I would appreciate the help.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have unwanted hairs growing from the top of my forehead to about an inch of my eyebrows. This is probably systemic absorption. Have you nitced any other side effects, eg, increased heart beat? Be sure to dry your scalp before applying. Watch closely. Perhaps reduce the concentration of your minoxidil.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Weepy said:
I have unwanted hairs growing from the top of my forehead to about an inch of my eyebrows. This is probably systemic absorption.

Not necessarily systemic absorption. minoxidil travels a bit into skin- it diffuses. I find this a much more probable cause.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
SE-freak said:
Weepy said:
I have unwanted hairs growing from the top of my forehead to about an inch of my eyebrows. This is probably systemic absorption.

Not necessarily systemic absorption. minoxidil travels a bit into skin- it diffuses. I find this a much more probable cause.

True. True. Didn't mean to mislead. Just meant to say, "watch closely."

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've kind of had this problem of unwanted hair. As good as Finasteride has been working this past three years, it only was moderately successful in regrowing my hairline. But with Minoxidil my hairline is growing like a forest, literarily out of control. Most of the unwanted hair is thankfully only at my temples. I think the best advice would be to only apply minoxidil to a completely dry head, blow drying for a minute just to make completely sure... this way you can better contain its absorption.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm curious. I have heard that spironolactone can help in removal of body hair. Does spironolactone have any effects on body hair?

SE-freak

Reaction score
DonaldAnderson said:
I'm curious. I have heard that spironolactone can help in removal of body hair. Does spironolactone have any effects on body hair?

Body hair growth is also regulated by androgens. Isn't it to be expected?