Unprotected sex while on finasteride

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to ask is it ok to have unprotected sex while on Finastride(SP)? (Dont worry she is on birth control)

Im asking cause I dont want any harm done down there on my Mrs :p

Thanks guys!

Humpty Dumpty

Reaction score
>>>Hey guys, just wanted to ask is it ok to have unprotected sex while on Finastride(SP)? (Dont worry she is on birth control)

In which case its hardly unprotected sex then, is it? I take it you mean you're not using condoms? With the best will in the world, birth control can be easy to forget. Have you told her you're using finasteride?

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, dont worry about the contraceptive side, she wont get pregnant, my main concern is it safe to have sex while on finasteride? (As in NO CONDOM, BUT SHE IS USING BIRTH CONTROL PILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Humpty Dumpty

Reaction score
>>>Yes, dont worry about the contraceptive side, she wont get pregnant, my main concern is it safe to have sex while on finasteride? (As in NO CONDOM, BUT SHE IS USING BIRTH CONTROL PILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Yes, and my point is, birth control - are you talking the pill? - is easier to forget than you'd think. Anyone who say's they've never forgotten to take the pill is telling fibs. Telling her you're on finasteride would no doubt sharpen the memory and help prevent any little slip ups. I'd keep using condoms just to be on the safe side (and prevent VD).

In any case, I haven't read any warnings saying that contact with finasteride-infected sperm is likely to cause the growth of a third leg or some such in a woman, if that's what you're driving at. :)

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Uhm... Me and my gf never have used condoms for the past 2 years.. So erm, thats why im asking.. She is on birth control not me, as there is no effective male birth control out there :p

Humpty Dumpty

Reaction score
>>>So erm, thats why im asking.. She is on birth control not me, as there is no effective male birth control out there

I don't think you're quite understanding what I'm saying here. I'm asking whether she's (she, not YOU) is taking the pill (hence the "are you talking (about) the pill?"). Because people, especially the very young, can be apt to forget (its easier than you might think). Have you told her you're taking finasteride?

Stingray

Reaction score
Wear a condom... don't be irresponsible and f*** up your life... it only takes one time of her forgetting and you either have a kid, or you're gonna end up being a fuckface and having an abortion.

That's the problem with kids... no sense of responsibility anymore. 2 years or 20 years.. who knows what will happen tomorrow.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Stinger122 said:
Uhm... Me and my gf never have used condoms for the past 2 years.. So erm, thats why im asking.. She is on birth control not me, as there is no effective male birth control out there :p

Yeah there is -- it's called abstinence. Go get 'em Humpty!

But seriously, my girlfriend is on the pill and I haven't touched a condom in 8 months. I know my girlfriend, I know she is a very responsible person, and I trust her to take the pill everyday. Trust and understanding folks, that's it.

D.

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
drinkrum said:
Stinger122 said:

Yeah there is -- it's called abstinence. Go get 'em Humpty!

But seriously, my girlfriend is on the pill and I haven't touched a condom in 8 months. I know my girlfriend, I know she is a very responsible person, and I trust her to take the pill everyday. Trust and understanding folks, that's it.

D.

Im sure DrinkRum understands! And my GF is responsible too, just remember I dont have sex everyday as I see her only twice a week cause of college/uni! So chill!

And Stingray, when I put on a condom I cant feel anything, thats why I never use one.. I tried the thin ones but they just feel like gloves! Pfft, you old nuggut :p

Stingray

Reaction score
Old? I'm only 21 :p

You whippershnapper you.

yello911

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't use a condom with my wife and now that I take finesteride, she has to get waxed down there daily! :shock:

Humpty Dumpty

Reaction score
>>>But seriously, my girlfriend is on the pill and I haven't touched a condom in 8 months. I know my girlfriend, I know she is a very responsible person, and I trust her to take the pill everyday.

In that case, I hope for both your sakes your girlfriends never get upset stomachs or come down with an infection. This condom message really just isn't getting through, is it STINGER?!! :roll:

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Stingray, ok maybe your not old.. How is Fincar/Finpecia working for you mate?

drinkrum

Reaction score
Humpty Dumpty said:
>>>But seriously, my girlfriend is on the pill and I haven't touched a condom in 8 months. I know my girlfriend, I know she is a very responsible person, and I trust her to take the pill everyday.

In that case, I hope for both your sakes your girlfriends never get upset stomachs or come down with an infection. This condom message really just isn't getting through, is it STINGER?!! :roll:

Are you a condom salesman Humpty?

D.

Humpty Dumpty

Reaction score
>>>Are you a condom salesman Humpty?

Worse. I'm a WOMAN (or what passes for it).

Oh and Stinger, a little word of advice if you haven't already told her you're on finasteride. If any man did that to me (particularly if he wasn't using condoms), I'd chop his nuts off and feed them to the dog. But then, maybe that's just me. :lol:

Sweet dreams.

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
yello911 said:
I don't use a condom with my wife and now that I take finesteride, she has to get waxed down there daily! :shock:

You guys crack me up! :lol:

Humpty, I know what your saying but its actually ok to miss the pill on one day, my girlfriend treats it like a chore and trust me.. She is obsessed with taking it, she NEVER forgets! She has only ever forgotten once in 2 years!!!

Chill!

lol Drinkrum, dunno if she sells them :p

drinkrum

Reaction score
Humpty Dumpty said:
>>>Are you a condom salesman Humpty?

Worse. I'm a WOMAN (or what passes for it).

Oh and Stinger, a little word of advice if you haven't already told her you're on finasteride. If any man did that to me (particularly if he wasn't using condoms), I'd chop his nuts off and feed them to the dog. But then, maybe that's just me. :lol:

Sweet dreams.

A wo-what? :)

D.