UK transplant clinics

Jai

Reaction score
Hey there, Just wondering if there are any guys in the UK that can recomend clinics for transplants, preferably with your personal experiances.

Cheers Jai

G

I've been there.2 days ago in fact.

The guy said he could do 1,000 FUE on my hair line for 4000 quid.

It's only a small place, near the town centre, hidden just out the way. It has "Rogers Medical" hanging from the door.

I kept making sure no one as around before I went into the surgery. Every time I got near the door someone would “just happen“ to pass me.

The guy is pretty straight up (honest). To be honest, personally, I didn't leave 100% convinced in what he was saying. Although the more I thought about it, The more it all made sense.

I'd suggest going, to anyone interested in what can at least be done. I travelled about 4 hrs to get there. They say he is the best in the UK, but I can’t compare.

At least I know he said he could frame the face once again, by giving me a good hairline that hides the recession.

Any more questions, I'll answer them.

Jai

Reaction score
Cool
Thank for that both of you, its another that I will look into, Its not something that I will be able to get done untill the middle of the year anyway, but the more clinics you can research the better,

If any of you get any more info from them then let us know,

Cheers Jai

G

Rogers is the best in the UK.

But i would think very, very, very seriously about having any hair transplant surgery in the UK. There are MUCH better docs in the US and Canada. with the favourable exchange rate its a very good time.

If you want a good hair transplant, you have to be prepared to travel.

Cassin

Reaction score
Zimmy said:

But i would think very, very, very seriously about having any hair transplant surgery in the UK. There are MUCH better docs in the US and Canada. with the favourable exchange rate its a very good time.

Why is that anyway? People in the past have posted surveys where no one in the world cares more about hairloss than those in the UK. Yet treatments are so hard to come by there. You would think hair transplant's and treatments would be a HUGE industry in the UK. Are the laws restrictive? I don't get it.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Zimmy said:

Why is that anyway? People in the past have posted surveys where no one in the world cares more about hairloss than those in the UK. Yet treatments are so hard to come by there. You would think hair transplant's and treatments would be a HUGE industry in the UK. Are the laws restrictive? I don't get it.

I guess us Brits may care more, but we don't do anything about it. If i got a transplant i would want to go to Hassan and Wong... They sound like they are the best. Plus it would be cheaper with the exchange rate.

andyhunt

Reaction score
There is a closer option than the US or Canada - I was going to go to Canada for my transplant but after loads of research, I used http://www.choi-nhi.com/ in Athens.
The cost was reasonable and in 2.5 days, I'd had a procedure and was back home.
You can check out all the results and the reson why I recommend the clinic here http://www.headofhair.co.uk

Andy

andyhunt

Reaction score
Very impressive results.
How many hair transplant did you have to reach that stage of density - looks great!

I would love to chat and compare experiences sometime.

Cheers

Andy

Jai

Reaction score
Hey, Thanks for the info about Rogers, been having a look and comparing to others that I have seen, he seems to be the Most expensive, Has anyone else looked into him and others and come up with the same???

Cheers Jai

Jai

Reaction score
Does anyone know who it was that posted a reply on here with an e-mail address who had a hair transplant in the UK and was happy to meet and discuss?

Jai

LuckyDave

Reaction score
UK hair transplant

I've been to Dr Rogers and I'd recommend him. The strip scar was very good plus I did have a small early session of FUE done with him that grew OK. I think the lack of hair surgeons in the UK is one of his own bugbears if you read his news section on the website - http://www.rogersclinic.co.uk
I thought his pricing was fair for strip (cheaper than the one I went to for a consultation) and his FUE was subsidised at the time. Maybe not Hasson and Wong but neither did I want to get on a plane to Canada.
Anyway, Good luck.

marko

Reaction score
Some useful advise when choosing a surgeon

My name is mark and I am 33 years old I have used minoxidil for years without great results.

4 years ago I went to the Norton Clinic in Wakefield and had 1000 grafts replacing my front hairline.

It was a disaster it looked TOTALLY unnatural and you could see great big puncture marks in my head it was horrendous! I phoned the consultant Phil on several occasions who said they would sort the problem for £1600!!

I had already paid £3000 and his attitude was disgraceful when I said I wouldn't pay it.

I was going to take legal action but the embarrasment stopped me.
I became very depressed and even wore a hairpiece to hide the holes.

Then I saw an advert in the Daily Mail for the Choi Implanter in Athens.
After my first disaster I was terrified but I knew I couldn't go on wearing this hairpiece for the next 30 years so the only thing I had to lose was my money and it was a gamble I HAD to take.

To cut a long story short I am DELIGHTED with the results I have had my hair looks fantastic and my confidence is sky high.

I cannot reccomend this procedure highly enough to anyone thinking of having transplant surgery.

I can confirm I have no affiliation with the company I just know what its like to feel vulnerable and not know which surgeon to choose so hopefully if this has helped anyone great!!

If anyone wants to contact me they can on mark6408@hotmail.com

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
The ONLY Dr to go to in the UK is Dr Rogers. Since he left Wellsbourne & set up on his own around three years ago he has flown past the other UK docs.
Gunner was quoted for FUE not strip by the way which is more expensive.
His prices are actually very reasonable. His strip prices compare to any of the others & his FUE prices are around the cheapest out of all the FUE drs. FUE is more expensive as it takes much longer. I had my first FUE session with him in December & it took all day. I was the only patient that day. Dr Rogers & his nurse took out the grafts together, then the nurse left & Dr Rogers did everything else by himself, made the recipient sites & planted the grafts. He uses Hasson & Wong blades & Feller 0.9 punches for FUE (I asked him).
He's the only Dr that does FUE in the UK & he's also started doing larger strip sessions too (2000 - 3000 grafts) .
The others - Norton, Wellsbourne, Farjo, May, Noble etc don't come close.

Jai

Reaction score
I've tried phoning Rogers Madical a few times, but the number that is listed on the web site is dis-connected,

I noticed that they have updated their website recently, but either they have made a mistake, or there is something not right?

Hmmmmm, who do you really trust?

G

andyhunt said:
There is a closer option than the US or Canada - I was going to go to Canada for my transplant but after loads of research, I used http://www.choi-nhi.com/ in Athens.
The cost was reasonable and in 2.5 days, I'd had a procedure and was back home.
You can check out all the results and the reson why I recommend the clinic here http://www.headofhair.co.uk

Andy

Looks like you are making very good progress.

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
Jai said:
I've tried phoning Rogers Madical a few times, but the number that is listed on the web site is dis-connected,

I noticed that they have updated their website recently, but either they have made a mistake, or there is something not right?

Hmmmmm, who do you really trust?

Just checked my reciept from my surgery with Rogers & the phone number on that is 01789 414203.

It is wierd though that no matter how good the doctor, none of them spend much time on their websites. I emailed Rogers to start with & he emailed back the next day.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I had my first procedure with Dr. Rogers yesterday, I'm extremely impressed with both the patient care and the look of my new hairline (Even if I do have a strawberry for a forehead right now).

I'll post some pictures a little later if anyone is interested.

D