UK - How to get 5mg finasteride? (or cheap 1mg?)

arblad

Reaction score
Hi,

After doing a lot of research I finally decided to talk to my GP about getting finasteride, I asked her if I could have a prescription for 5mg as I was planning to split the pills and assured her I had researched all the side effects etc. she told me that she wasn't allowed to prescribe me 5mg but was able to give me a private prescription for 1mg which I wasn't really happy about as I can't really afford the extortionate prices of Propecia.

So I went to boots/superdrug, other pharmacies and tried to see if could get 5mg finasteride with a 1mg prescription but they weren't having any of it and said they could only prescribe me with the 1mg pills which were propecia and costed around £40-50 for a months supply (cant really afford).

I was wondering:

1. Is there any way I can get a prescription for 5mg? (maybe there's some GPs that don't mind giving the prescription if you give a good enough excuse... i'm based in London)

2. If I can't get a prescription for 5mg, is there any other way I can get 5mg finasteride? Either using my 1mg prescription to get 5mg or otherwise is there anywhere online that doesn't require a prescription and is relatively cheap and safe to buy from?

3. Another alternative: Are there any pharmacies that have a cheap 1mg version of finasteride? I wouldn't mind getting 1mg finasteride if it wasn't so expensive, but every pharmacy I've been in seems to only stock propecia... maybe there's some random places like a tesco pharmacy that stocks something cheaper that isnt branded?

Cheers.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
my doctor prescribes me 5mg. It depends on the doctor and how 'by the book' they are. you could try other GPs or ask to be referred to a consultant.

otherwise email Spex who should be able to put you in touch with a doctor who can supply legitimate 5mg tablets through the post

Last edited by a moderator:

Geiri

Reaction score
I think they still have the copyright and don't let others make cheaper versions.

All you can do is go "doctor hunting" until you find someone willing to bend the rules.

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I live in London too (Islington) and my GP wouldn't presribe either Propecia or Proscar. I've been getting Proscar 5mg from another doctor, but he's now stopped doing it too. As Quantum Cat advised, contact Spex and he should be able to put you in touch with a GP who will accommodate you.

Thomas30

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are UK guys buying your finasteride from? I am hesistant buying online. I buy minoxidil online but I'd prefer to buy something I'd ingest from a reputable source. Are there any online stores that sell genuine finasteride relatively cheaply? Boots seems expensive. I've seen Lloyds Pharmacy sell it, but my impression is that they import the finasteride from another country. The name on the packaging seems to indicate this.

kionha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello there, You may try Pharmica for getting 5mg finasteride in Uk. They are an online pharmacy in the UK, which got too many good reviews on their services. If you want they can prescribe for you about 5mg finasteride.
Well, There are too many online pharmacies in the UK, but all are different from each other for pricing.
I am also using finasteride for my hair problems from last year and Pharmica helped me about hair solution problem. Here is their website https://www.pharmica.co.uk/hair-loss/finasteride. Contact with them for more info.

Last edited:

axim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, Any post-brexit tips regarding cheap finasteride 5mg to UK?
inhousepharmacy was recommended before, but now due to brexit 20% VAT will be slapped on at customs and a further handling fee for the pleasure by the courier.
I looked at alldaychemist - anyone been hit with import duty in the UK after ordering from them?

jazz1

Reaction score
Hi, Any post-brexit tips regarding cheap finasteride 5mg to UK?
inhousepharmacy was recommended before, but now due to brexit 20% VAT will be slapped on at customs and a further handling fee for the pleasure by the courier.
I looked at alldaychemist - anyone been hit with import duty in the UK after ordering from them?

We all suffering as I order from America, only option ask your UK doctor.... Or try Spex hairloss.