UG...saw the worst rug yesterday

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
ANyone thinking about wearing a hairpiece please consider how much hair you have on the sides and use that as a guage on how much to put up top. I saw a guy yesterday who's hair was receded all the way back to his ears on the side. Yet his piece was all the way down to what looked like his adolecent hairline on top.And it was thick...I felt really bad for this guy. It was so obvious and I'm sure drew more attention to him than if he was bald. Hairloss sucks

michael barry

Reaction score
Thats what I seen with rugs at Hair Club

I agree Bad Hair Decade. ......Ive been to Hair Club for men and thats what I saw in the waiting room over and over again. The men have "too much hair for their face" effect. The blending is hard to do.

If I were a wig dealer, Id try to make Norwood level 3 rugs with receeded temples for men and use a clear adhesisve underneath so I could fade the rug from a thinner front to a thicker mid anterior to match the sides. Id also make pieces a bit lighter on top as thinning hair tends to be than the sides of the clients hair.

I really feel the biggest problem with a rug is for a single guy however. You are decieving prospective dates with a rug. Women, like men, are looking subconciously for traits that they desire for their offspring. If she has poor eyesite and cant detect your rug for a date or two, what are ya' gonna do when she finds out? She WILL be pissed I assure you. Ive found in my personal life that its the women who have high oval hairlines themselves who'd rather have a guy with a bunch of hair. The gals that have headfulls of hair dont seem to mind a guy with a buzz who is norwooding his way to baldness as long as his hair is short and neat. Subconsciously, she isnt worried about her offspring dealing with hair issues either. Id rather look like the Rock than Burt Reynolds anyday.