TRT and hair loss

Tom77

Reaction score
Hi all,

Tried to post this the other day but didn't seem to show up so hoping I don't double post but here goes...

Had originally posted about my situation in the general forum here with no responses and it occurred to me that I should have posted in this forum instead.

Update: It's been 5 weeks now since stopping my two week use of TRT (Androgel) with no major improvement but I assume it's too early to see any anyway. Hair is thin on top, a little more so in the front/hairline, and hairline also receded a little bit from where it was before this started. Originally started taking less than 1mg of finasteride but doctor told me I wasn't using it at the proper dose so wouldn't be able to tell if it was effective so taking 1mg ED now. Was told that when the hair falls out, the follicle doesn't just die right away and to come back and see him in 3 months.

Would welcome others' thought so my situation. Wondering if because I immediately eliminated the likely cause upon noticing the hair loss and started to use finasteride to prevent any further use, if I may indeed start to see hair growing back and thickening up again in the next 2-3 months. Would my DHT level also be getting back to where it was before by now/soon or does that always stay high if you've increased it through TRT (even though I've stopped that)?