travolta's swiss lace busted

CCS

Reaction score
We don't know if this was photo shopped, but take a look:

http://www.baldingblog.com/2006/03/17/j ... air-piece/

Can't see it at normal distance. But click on the close up:
1. The sides are way messed up because you see dark hair inside the hexagons but not covering it. This is why you should not wear lace over your natural hair. Shave your natural hair off.
2. The top hairline looks just like I saw swiss on my forehead, without glue. I counted holes, and looked at the other pics, and did some math. That is swiss lace on his head, the most undetectable lace. As it is on his forehead, it is even a better color match than the lace was on my head. But he has it extending 1/4 inch beyond his hairline. Part of that is so he can get some staggering. But mine will have less staggering, and only 1 hole of lace beyond the hairline. Notice how the lace disappears inside the hair line. The picture was very lightened, and contrast changed, so we could see this. That lock of hair hang down is about 1 inch over his forehead, so that pic is magnified, on my monitor, about 3x3. Your eyeball would be about 1 inch away to see the lace that size.

I'm saying it is swiss lace because I'm counting about 28 holes in 1 inch. Swiss is 0.8mm, and French is 1.2mm.

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, so shave your head good, don't have a lot of excess lace in front of the piece, get a good color match, and apply the right glue properly. A custom piece will have a closer fit too.

Now if you scroll down to see the hair transplant examples, no way did those guys have advanced Norwood's or small procedures. I was NW4a with 4000 grafts and I have less than half the density of the guys in those pics. Travolta's piece can be had for less than $100 per month, and that is changing every 3 months.

CCS

Reaction score
I doubt a newbie like myself will hide the lace much better than it is in that upper hair line. But with it trimmed and covered with hair, I should be fine.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Saw that a couple of years ago there's also a Beyonce one going around. But come on you dont need to see the lace to know that thats a wig.

CCS

Reaction score
fdhhgd

dhgd

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
whoa wait you got your wig!!!??? howq does it look??! I cannot find the pictures you posted.

s.a.f

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
whoa wait you got your wig!!!??? howq does it look??! I cannot find the pictures you posted.
Thats a close up of Travolta's wig. CCS's must be coming next week though! :punk:

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
Celebrities always surprise me. The more famous ones are often extremely wealthy and have plenty of free time to spend on improving their appearances, yet alarmingly there are still so many instances of terrible plastic surgery or botched pieces. Granted, celebrities do get scrutinized a million times more than any average person would. (For example, this photo of Travolta was taken under harsh light by an aggressive photographer with a telescopic lens. Nobody in the world would ever bother spending so much time and energy to get such a photo of CCS's hairline :mrgreen: )

I just don't understand why someone as wealthy as Travolta wouldn't get his hairlike grafted to a NW1 and then have his crew of helpers work in the piece behind it. That would be way more undetectable.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Meta-Monster! said:
The more famous ones are often extremely wealthy and have plenty of free time to spend on improving their appearances, yet alarmingly there are still so many instances of terrible plastic surgery or botched pieces. I just don't understand why someone as wealthy as Travolta wouldn't get his hairlike grafted to a NW1 and then have his crew of helpers work in the piece behind it. That would be way more undetectable.

Someone like Travolta does'nt really have plenty of free time to spend on researching hair transplant's and plastic surgery. The worlds biggest stars are constantly on the road filming/recording, promoting their movies, songs ect all around the globe. Their schedules are booked up months in advance. And although they have the money to do anything they have to be careful to keep any surgery a secret for image purposes they're not going to walk into some clinic and sit in reception with Joe Bloggs waiting for a consultation.
If Travolta had a hair transplant it would take him weeks to wait for any evidence of it to heal up and then it would'nt grow for many months after that. Then theres the fear of it not turning out well.

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
He doesnt wear a hairpiece all the time, in his daily life. He was wearing that particular hairpiece for his role in the movie Punisher.

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Someone like Travolta does'nt really have plenty of free time to spend on researching hair transplant's and plastic surgery. The worlds biggest stars are constantly on the road filming/recording, promoting their movies, songs ect all around the globe. Their schedules are booked up months in advance. And although they have the money to do anything they have to be careful to keep any surgery a secret for image purposes they're not going to walk into some clinic and sit in reception with Joe Bloggs waiting for a consultation.
If Travolta had a hair transplant it would take him weeks to wait for any evidence of it to heal up and then it would'nt grow for many months after that. Then theres the fear of it not turning out well.

You would be suprised how much leisure time many of them actually do have. A while back I saw an interview with Brad Pitt, who is of course probably one of the most famous celebrities of all time. During the interview he said he believed he was at the height of his popularity when Fight Club came out. He then mentioned that a few years later he decided to take a complete two-year hiatus from doing any work, until he appeared in Troy. Two years is a long time...

While many celebrities may be extremely busy on a regular basis, it certainly seems as if many can just work whenever they need the money. Since protecting their image is vitally important, I would assume more would plan ahead, undertake procedures, and then just 'disappear' until they got optimal results.

Also, celebrities often have 'image consultants' who are supposed to be up-to-date on the best surgeons out there and do all the homework for them. Furthermore, famous people often do undergo procedures at the very same clinic Joe Bloggs visits for a consultation. The clinics in question just have special entrances and waiting rooms for celebrities, therefore Joe Bloggs never sees them. (Just look at the countless photos paparazzi have taken of celebrities 'secretly' entering/leaving these clinics).

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Meta-Monster! said:
I just don't understand why someone as wealthy as Travolta wouldn't get his hairlike grafted to a NW1 and then have his crew of helpers work in the piece behind it. That would be way more undetectable.

Because he's bald as a coot!

He doesn't have enough hair left for grafts to cover his whole head at an acceptable density - bettern than a wig would provide.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah he could probably get an acceptable result for a man of his age, but being a Hollywood star he'd only be interested in getting a great head of hair, something only a wig could provide.

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
iamnaked said:
Meta-Monster! said:

Because he's bald as a coot!

He doesn't have enough hair left for grafts to cover his whole head at an acceptable density - bettern than a wig would provide.

Oops. I wasn't very clear about what I meant when I wrote that. What I wanted to say was that Travolta should just get the front 1-2 cm of his hairline/temple area densely grafted, then just wear a piece behind it to get the rest of the volume he needs.

If he did this he wouldn't need to worry about lace showing at the hairline (or paparazzi taking the photos in question and busting him out).

Osmosis

Reaction score
Swiss this French that for the lace...Guys the name is put to lace and most factories materials are different and THEN they say swiss and french...

Trust me...I have bought swiss as the name said from 25 plus factories and most are different...

Best to buy your own lace and then supply to be made... :) And that goes for the hair too...

Granted for that privelege you have to have an account for 100 plus orders a month...