Travel

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry about this question - have any of you guys flown internationally with propecia? do they take it out and inspect it or does the medication just go through the x-ray without questions? i'd hate to explain what that was for with people nearby, especially friends.

i've taken it on domestic flights by just putting some of my over the counter pills with it and i've never had a problem, just not sure how much more strict international flights would be.

any insight would be nice, i won't be gone any longer than a week and decided not to even bring the foam with me. i mayjust not bring the propecia if it causes trouble.

thanks guys.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
i would bring your prescription with you

if you do no have prescription you should just bring the amount for the trip

it also depends on how your finasteride is being stored
i have sealed 5mg finasteride in like a case

i split these

i recently flew to the bahamas and back with no trouble
i brought my prescription just in case

im sure if you have a prescription you should be fine traveling'

if you do not
you need to be able to let go of the pills you travel with
or hide them up your bung hole '

just kidding either way you should be fine as long as your drugs don't resemble a controlled substance

TEDDYRUXPIN

Established Member
Reaction score
They will not check them if they are in normal lugguge. Do not bring onto the plane in your hand luggage. Keep them in the original packaging.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had an experience traveling over in Europe....they were checking bags upon boarding and I had my finasteride in a small vial not labeled. The inspecting guy found it and said what are these and I pointed to my head "ahhh...hair stuff". Since the young guy was a NW7 he just smiled and put it back in...phewww!

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
My opinion: Put the legal RX bottle in your pocket, leave it there and don't let it go through X-RAY! as who knows how sensitive they are to that. I always tossed my vitamin bottle (which are sensitive to X-RAY) from my back pack into the change and keys basket, which avoids x ray machines and I never had a problem.