transplant for only 10 hairs?

foozballking

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, maybe you guys can give me advice. I have Seb. Derm. and this has caused me to lose some hair, when I was younger I used to rip out some scales and this has caused permanent patchy hairloss. This is especially noticeable on one side of the widow's peak where I always have redness from Seborhea. It almost looks like there's a small hole along the hairline.

Although its not really noticeable to others, I was thinking of getting a transplant into this spot. It shouldnt take more than several grafts. I was wondering if anyone has done this sorta thing before. I'm not even sure if any doctor will agree to do such a small area. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thomas

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: transplant for only 10 grafts?

foozballking said:
I'm new to the forum, maybe you guys can give me advice. I have Seb. Derm. and this has caused me to lose some hair, when I was younger I used to rip out some scales and this has caused permanent patchy hairloss. This is especially noticeable on one side of the widow's peak where I always have redness from Seborhea. It almost looks like there's a small hole along the hairline.

Although its not really noticeable to others, I was thinking of getting a transplant into this spot. It shouldnt take more than 10 grafts or so. I was wondering if anyone has done this sorta thing before. I'm not even sure if any doctor will agree to do such a small area. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am sure there is someone out there that would do just 10 grafts but you will probably get overcharged as you will need pain killers, a seat that someone with a desire for more grafts could use, etc. but I'm guessing you will need more than just 10 grafts. If the hair needed is near your widows peak just remember that you will want single hair grafts so 10 grafts is just 10 hairs.

foozballking

Reaction score
Thanks Thomas. I hadn't realized that a graft could contain a single hair, I edited my original post to emphisize that I thought I needed about 10 "hairs", not grafts.

My hairless area along the widow's peak isnt very big at all, I really dont think it'll take more than 10 hairs to fill up. Any idea how much something like this may cost?

Thomas

Established Member
Reaction score
foozballking said:
Thanks Thomas. I hadn't realized that a graft could contain a single hair, I edited my original post to emphisize that I thought I needed about 10 "hairs", not grafts.

My hairless area along the widow's peak isnt very big at all, I really dont think it'll take more than 10 hairs to fill up. Any idea how much something like this may cost?

Well if you can find someone who will do it, and I'm guessing you could, It would probably cost about between 600-1,000 dollars. That is a lot for 10 hairs! When doing a FOX style procedure, grafts are around $12 each, but I imagine a doctor would want quite a bit more for his time, preperation, and everything else that goes into any surgical prodcedure.

G

Dear Foozballking,

Please listen to me carefully. The issue for you right now is not cost. The imperative risk you are facing is shock loss to the neighboring hair! And if any of that neighboring hair is diffused, it may not come back.

I did not read anywhere in your post that you are losing hair related to male pattern baldness, so maybe this is not as much of an issue for you. Still even 10 grafts or so can shock some of the hair that is there now so only you can decide if it's worth it to go ahead or live with it since it is a very small area.

Your smaller procedure would be a losing proposition for any doctor as the set-up costs would undoubtedly exceed the revenue. But there are some good docs with good hearts so I hope either way things turn out for you. Best wishes!