toppik vs. dermmatch vs. nanogen

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
This topic probably has been beaten to death but there seems to be no search function here.. anyways,

I'm a Norwood 2.5 with receding temples/hairline. I've started finasteride/nizoral several weeks ago and I have ordered minoxidil. However, I just realized now that my top is thinning as well.. and I'd like to cover it up while finasteride/minoxidil/nizoral does its work.

Anyways, I'm wondering what concealer would be best for me. I do sweat quite a bit so the one that has the best protection vs. sweat would be ideal for me. Any recommendations?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Nanogen I'd say.

zephyr31

Established Member
Reaction score
when my hairloss was bad i used topikk, expensive stuff. it works ok though.

best stuff ever though is dermmatch, i use a little on my crown everyday and its the dogs balls, one container lasts for ages, maybe 2 years.

I have a new girlfriend who plays with my hair all the time, she has never noticed the little bit of dermmatch, trust me she would tell me:).

id say for every day use, go for dermmatch, i apply it DRY, not wet as i think it makes it chalky. At the weekend when ur going out use a little sprinkle of topikk. You will need to use a little hairspray to hold it on, if you dont and some1 touches your hair they will see it.

your already using loreal shampoo i see, so well done there:).

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
hey zeph, I've read few comments about dermmatch making you lose more hair so I was a bit worried.. have you had any similar problem? Unlike toppik/nanogen, dermmatch does go directly on your scalp so I'm a bit worried. Thanks

zephyr31

Established Member
Reaction score
hmm, thats very odd, i cant see why it would be a problem for your hair growth, unless its put on like butter, wet.

I use dermmatch on the actual hair, it never touches my scalp.

I wash my hair, giving it as much body as possible, dab the applicator on top of my hair with a little dry dermmatch. then comb it, it combs in really easy.

i kinda use it like topikk, only 100x cheaper.

Out of all the products iv used, its the best. yeah, topikk will do a better job, but it takes a while to get the correct coverage, it comes of in your/girlfriends hand and is far too expensive.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Tip for any dermatch users try applying with a mascara brush - makes it easier to coat the hair.

ttwarrior1

Established Member
Reaction score
not sure why but with my dermmatch, ive been using medium brown even though i have dark dark brown hair. I think its making it look better because its not stupid fake looking where someone can walk up behind your head and tell you have bald spots. It also makes it look like im thinning but not that bad. Kind of a realistic look and I guess it would appear to have a tan instead of a white bald spot with some hair growth