Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going for 0.1% 3 times a week after the CB and finasteride experiment. I can tolerate 0.1% extremely well.

Mr.Shelby

My Regimen
Reaction score
why would you drop oral fina if it was working for you? did you have side effects? I think you should go back to using oral fina and drop this dutasteride. maybe the dutasteride didnt penetrate well to your hair folicles to make an affect and you were only using 3ml once a week, thats not optimal dosage I think twice or three times a week makes more sense, and you still have some serum DHT that finasteride was blocking but not dutasteride. my advice drop it now go back to oral finasteride. the less hair could be shedding and you COULD eventually see thickening. but I wouldnt risk it in your case since oral fina works for you with minimal side effects.
Because I dont like oral antiandrogens, I think is not a good idea to use it in the long time.

Chewbacca85

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used Topical finasteride 0.025% (compounded with Minoxidil at a German Pharmacy, no China crap) EOD and after 3 months, I had same sides like after 3 days of oral finasteride 1mg. Mainly severe insomnia with hot flashes at night that went much worse after stopping finasteride. 6 weeks after stopping it's getting slowly better now. I didn't check my DHT but I assume it was as low as with oral finasteride. I made a saliva test before I stopped at an online lab and it showed Free T, Estradiol and Cortisol all at the very low end of the scale.

7 weeks after stopping topical finasteride I did another bloodwork and my Free T is now high normal (although I don't feel like it), after 3 months of topical finasteride it was at the very low end of the range as I mentioned, what probably caused my sides like insomnia or hot flashes at night. My total T is also high normal now. Estradiol and Cortisol also normal now. Insomnia is getting slowly better.

I will do another bloodwork after the first dose of topical dutasteride to avoid, that it crashes my hormones again like finasteride.

losingbattle88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a consensus on which commercially available topical dutasteride is the best?
the one from FUE clinic that mustang promotes seems best to lessen absorption into the blood. but be aware, this formula is mainly for pussies that cant handle systemic absorption.

jd_uk

Reaction score
the one from FUE clinic that mustang promotes seems best to lessen absorption into the blood. but be aware, this formula is mainly for pussies that cant handle systemic absorption.
*Facepalm*

The literal whole f'n point of using dutasteride topically would be to avoid systemic absorption. Hard to find a dumber comment.

jd_uk

Reaction score
7 weeks after stopping topical finasteride I did another bloodwork and my Free T is now high normal (although I don't feel like it), after 3 months of topical finasteride it was at the very low end of the range as I mentioned, what probably caused my sides like insomnia or hot flashes at night. My total T is also high normal now. Estradiol and Cortisol also normal now. Insomnia is getting slowly better.

I will do another bloodwork after the first dose of topical dutasteride to avoid, that it crashes my hormones again like finasteride.
What brand of topical finasteride did you use out of interest? People don't seem to realise that finasteride seems to lower free testosterone.

jd_uk

Reaction score
You don't want it to penetrate , that is the entire point. It should be degraded or prevented from reaching the hypodermis and vascularizing but reach the dermis.

I did a scalp biopsy and my DHT was almost non existent on my scalp while I had low-normal levels in my blood.

This is ideal.
In some of the dutasteride mesotherapy studies I noticed that it lowered fertility..sperm counts, mobility etc...that's a concern for me.

sparta03

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quite.

How is fluridil going for you btw?
I'm on fluridil since 2 months, i don't see any improvement i think my hair is getting worse, still notice some shedding, maybe fluridil slowed down my aa and it would be worse atm, i don't know, that's why i'll try topical duta, and if it don't work i'll go bald i guess. By the way on the bottle of fluridil they say to keep on it for 3-6 month for see some improvement so I didn't experience the full strengh of fluridil i guess. 0 side ofc. I have 4 month stock left

losingbattle88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm stacking with oral dutasteride anyway.
im gonna take dutasteride 2mg daily now instead of 0.5mg EOD. it will reduce at least 80% of scalp dht which topical dutasteride pretty much already does. I could use it topically too but if I do then probably once weekly for me.

losingbattle88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In some of the dutasteride mesotherapy studies I noticed that it lowered fertility..sperm counts, mobility etc...that's a concern for me.
why a concern? your BF wont be happy? isnt your hair more worth than your stupid sperm? if you plan on getting kids you could stop using dutasteride and your sperms will go back to normal.

kidcurry96

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty confident finasteride does the same. From my research, you should stop taking these treatments prior to trying to conceive. Maybe bank some prior to treatment?